Jon Jones makes more than both his NFL brothers combined

Since Jones fights 3 times a year, I'm thinking after sponsors and UFC money which include undisclosed bonuses, my guess is he makes between 15 ro 20 million per year. Even his brother said don't believe the reported income.

Jones was barely able to talk after the fight, his mouth was so swollen up. And he could barely walk as well--He was hobbling to his dressing room. Anybody saying that he suffered just "superficial" damage needs to re-evaluate the definition of what that means.

It's not surprising Jones has a high base pay, gets a percentage of PPV buys, gets undisclosed bonuses and likely gets more in sponsorship money than almost anyone else in the UFC.

Shades of Meldrick Taylor after Chavez and Loiseau after Franklin.

jonesgus_original_crop_north.jpg

He will carry some of those cuts and facial reconstruction for the rest of his life.

All right, people going overboard now. Now we just know that Jon is the type to swell up and his African features just make that even more pronounce.

lol@facial reconstruction.

I can easily see him making more than 4 million a year.. Gatorade and Nike as your sponsors to name just the two most prominent.. Yea he is going to be making alot of money over his career

What I'm saying is there's a reason the other p4p kings in Anderson, GSP and Aldo don't fight 3-4x/year; Jon Jones is the most active champion in a long time. First the elbow with Vitor, then the toe with Chael, now this war with Gustafsson - I hope he gives himself a chance to heal up.

If Chandler lives up to his potential he will be making more. Good Defensive Ends earn a lot of money.

I honestly don't see Art being in the NFL for too much longer.

If Chandler lives up to his potential he will be making more. Good Defensive Ends earn a lot of money.

I honestly don't see Art being in the NFL for too much longer.

Why not? I don't really follow football.

I imagine mother's day is pretty bloody good for mummy Jones.

Not surprised in the least, especially given how active a fighter Jon is

Although if Jon wants his career to last he should probably cut down to fighting twice a year like most of the champs - he's getting pretty banged up already

he was active in 2011. 2012 and 2013 he only fought twice a year.

in Anderson first champion year he fough 4 times also, then he fought 3 times a year 2007 and 2008. then on 2009 up he only fought 2 times a year.

Art is one of the lower rung players in the league and Chandler is on his rookie contract, so it's not hard to believe at all. Chandler might make more than Jon next year though.

Jones was barely able to talk after the fight, his mouth was so swollen up. And he could barely walk as well--He was hobbling to his dressing room. Anybody saying that he suffered just "superficial" damage needs to re-evaluate the definition of what that means.

This.

You can argue until you're blue in the face about who won the decision, but both guys sustained a beating that's for damn sure.

Also, anyone arguing that football doesn't have an extreme impact on your body is equally idiotic. Football has at least as much wear and tear involved in it as MMA - especially for linemen, which both the Jones brothers are. They also have the weight issue to deal with. Arthur is well north of 300 pounds and Chandler is 260+. Lots of football players end up fat as shit after retirement after carrying all that playing weight. Jon has to stay in pretty good shape all the time fighting at 205.

Shades of Meldrick Taylor after Chavez and Loiseau after Franklin.

jonesgus_original_crop_north.jpg

He will carry some of those cuts and facial reconstruction for the rest of his life.

Jones doesn't look bad at all there, you can recover from that much damage without a scratch I assure you.

Back