Jon Jones looking big for HW debut

Here's another good one. He looks totally jacked
Blurry-Vision-25451_940x675.jpg

If any hw that's fights Jon doesn't immediately spam lower calf kicks, they are dumb. Jon doesn't have ko power in his hands. Even some can like Anthony hardonk has a great chance against chicken little legs Jon
If you think calf kicks effectiveness has anything to do with defending fighter muscles you are wrong. The nerve is not really protected by anything. that is why they are so effective.
Lateral-cutaneous-nerve-of-the-calf.png

If you think calf kicks effectiveness has anything to do with defending fighter muscles you are wrong. The nerve is not really protected by anything. that is why they are so effective.
Lateral-cutaneous-nerve-of-the-calf.png
Yea whatever u understood my point

Emk6QqOW4AUs5Lk

Does The Predator or Stipe have a chance against this BEAST?
I know everyone is talking about Ngannou and Stipe fighting him, but do you know what I really want to see?, Jones vs Overeem, that would be epic and awesome, I'd love to see it.. Overeem is on a really good streak and is not booked, I want it

that's a good match up as well.
Lots of interesting fights for him at hw.
{<redford}

Or make him slower and less gas tank. johnny hendricks has more punching power than jon and his arms are no bigger than mine. Arm size got nothing to do with it

No, it definitely has something to do with it. It's just not the only factor.

Jones is on another cycle it would seem I think at this point he has power to bypass USADA, he doesn't have the heavyweight body so PED is the only way to get there
The question is - with added muscles will he fit under the ring at Wink gym when USADA shows up? Or by this point does he have panic room like Williams sisters?

Nobody is doubting Jones's skill and experience, but I worry about his flamingo legs.
Hopefully he works on them, otherwise he could be in trouble.

Luke Thomas made the point and even brought up the stats (yes I know everyone hates Luke) that Jon has struggled lately because his takedown success rate has decreased significantly over the last couple of fights. Whether that's a result of him being "clean" or the division has just improved is another discussion.

Stipe is a good wrestler. Go look at the violent way Francis stopped Cain's first TD before uppercutting him to hell. Blaydes is a wrestler.

His legs look tiny, he would probably fuck up the vast majority of HW's though just by skill alone

Only problem is he has no one shot KO power at all and you need that at HW

I always said Prime JDS, Overeem, Cain would have fucked Bones like a 2 dollar hooker

I'd still love to see Bones fight Overeem now

I think you underestimate his chin.

Ngannou is likely only one who sleeps him.

Problem will be his shape ! If he is big for HW debut ( around 240 lbs ), it won't be efficient !
Im not sure on that,ut you may be right. If he is just bulking up to be bigger, it's a waste of energy. I think 230-240 is fine though

Jones has been debilitated by Light Heavyweights who've chopped at his legs, so the logic is that Heavyweights who generate far more power could do even more damage; the durability of Jones' legs are what's in question.

LDN-L-UFC239-077-06071.jpg

Right but that has little to nothing to do with his leg size -again there are plenty of Thais like Nokweed Davy whos legs are tiny compared to Europeans, Americans, Dutch yet their ability to take leg damage is fine. With Jones its more about his style and not putting effort into solid leg defense program. plenty of fighters wont even implement basic leg checks until its too late.

Stipe will walk him right down like he did overeem.

Stipe's a terrible matchup for him. A lot of them are, man. Jones looks fairly ordinary at times when his reach is negated and he won't be able to out-muscle many of the top guys at HW. I expect him to fight like a point-fighter, very cautious.

Back