Jon Jones lack of introspection is hilarious

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by SeattleFightFan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

I don't want to oversell this. His lack of introspection doesn't make him a monster. But it is hilarious in a sad and eye rolling sort of way.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/02/jon-jones-issues-with-referees-ufc-247-dominick-reyes

Here's a few gems:

1. “John McCarthy, I felt like his energy was way off when I fought Vitor Belfort, and I found a way to finish the fight,”
    We all know exactly what you mean, and you're not fooling anyone. You're still upset about that kick!

2. "I feel like the energy in the second Alexander Gustafsson fight, I felt like that referee was sending me some funny-ass energy backstage....". Really? You felt bad energy from the ref backstage? :rolleyes:

3. “I fight how I fight,” Jones said. “I grab hands a lot, and over the years I’ve coincidentally landed a few eye pokes." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hand grabbing....

4. "“At the end of the day, I feel like if it’s in God’s plans for me to do what I’ve been doing"
    When you think everything you do is preordained, there's no need for introspection, is there Johnny? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No offense, uber-Jones fans. You know who you are, and I know your instinct is to defend him at all costs now. Just for fun, I'm trying to put myself in your shoes. Would I defend this from my favorite fighter? Nope. Show some class and have an honest laugh at your fav fighter's expense.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  2. Arrrrgh Black Belt

Weird thread.
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

I'm not a Jon fan outside the cage or with his fakeness but those seem like some pretty tame/normal/honest statements.

You do know he hits pregnant women and runs while high on drugs right?

3. MuayThai101 Brown Belt

If there was ever a fighter that needed to be flatlined. Its Jon Jones. Sadly, he is too damn good and we may never see it.

4. Ramon Antonio Black Belt

Don't worry, Reyes gonna come with the upset.

5. BoD 2.0 Black Belt

The most character revealing thing I have ever heard Jon say, was when he was explaining how he felt when he found out it was a pregnant lady that he hit.

He explained how when he heard it was a pregnant lady, he immediately got scared and hoped that she didn't miscariage. Because if she lost the baby, everyone would blame him for killing the baby and he would be in big trouble.

He explained this, without even realizing how selfish it sounds. Never even mentioned his concern for the woman and her unborn child's life on a human level, just how the repercussions would impact him.

6. Verace Gold Belt

Me entering this thread, tasting the salt, then going own my way

[​IMG]

7. Kwic Red Belt

WTF

8. AP_RESURRECTION Gold Belt

It’s definitely funny I agree overall.

9. D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

John is a hardcore narcissist like many great athletes this is nothing new just mental deflection to maintain his confidence. Self doubt is what separates winners from losers

Is normal

10. dragmaster Orange Belt

The greatest natty fighter ever accidentally lands an eye poke or two and runs over the odd pregnant woman and people are so quick to judge.

11. Verace Gold Belt

Never seen a clam bro?

[​IMG]

<{cum@me}>

12. Ether13 Purple Belt

Jones is a good Christian man. It’s impossible to not believe everything he says. Jones can do all things in He who gives him strength

13. Kwic Red Belt

Haha, moving like this? Actually, no :)

14. Doctor Lenovo Banned Banned

Jon Jones is actually introspective in my opinion of him. This is based on the interviews I have watched. He knows himself very well. He has a strong sense of self-awareness. This could be why he is often going on about "vibes" and "energies."

15. felmmando Red Belt

If he really believes #3, the term for that is gross self-deception, not honesty.

16. TheToqueville Banned Banned

So much salt in these forums this week LOL.

Guys please give us your #s so we can check up on you Sunday morning.

17. K1fan Green Belt

I hope he gets some introspection soon by Reyes punching a hole in his chest.

18. Fossor Brown Belt

I think his introspection works very well for him.
    Share your achievements TS, so we can compare.

19. IsNormal Brown Belt

Lying in interviews doesn't mean you're bad at introspection.
    One can be very self-aware and still lie to the outside world.
    I don't get where you are going with this.
    Sure - it sounds like a lie / bad excuse.

But that doesn't mean he's bad at introspection. He might be fully aware that he's cheating - but obviously he can't say flat out "yeah, I love poking guys in the eyes intentionally cause that gives me a huge advantage"

Secondly: What would've been a better lie/excuse than this? I can't think of one.

Obviously frequent eye-pokes is something you can't bullshit your way out of - but in terms of bullshit - I think this was a good attempt.
    Could you think of a better explanation (without flat out confessing to cheating)?

20. Minoki Ichihara Purple Belt

John Jones knows he looks like an asshole, is an asshole, and does asshole type shit...Does he care? NO… He knocks motherfuckers out and that’s what he’s going to continue doing until he decides not to do it anymore. As for Dominic Reyes just like Mike Tyson says “”everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth””