Jon Jones isnt the GOAT, true GOATS are must watch fighters. Jones isnt that.

So you woke up today and instead of focusing on how to improve your life, you kept thinking about someone else whom does not even know you and write a long post about him...? Your life must be boring and depressing as hell
Playing devil's advocate here, but isn't that the point of forums?

TMTWNBB

The Man That Will Never Be Beaten has a ring to it

So who is a more superior GOAT to Jones by this odd criteria?

The professional wrestler you posted???

Fedor of course.
TS tires to hide it but its always Fedor for him.
He comes out of the woods now and then and make threads about it.

I refuse to watch Jones fights because he is a cheat.

Simply

I said those 4 wins even to those two wins. If math isn't your strong point that means not one of Anderson's wins alone is worth a Crop Cop, Big Nog win. Literally think a scale. You drop those two names on one side, and they even the 4 names on the next. I get it, you're a huge Fedor fan, he's a great. Don't let your fandom for him diminish your reading comprehension.

Edit: Don't leave out Franklin, either. He's a bad dude. Beat Wanderlei twice, so you can't say it was a Leben like fluke.

Anderson's top 4 wins:

1)Hendo, Vitor, Forrest and Franklin.

1.)Hendo has always known to be weakest at MW, esp later in his career when Anderson beat him. Thats where Hendo is known to gas and put on lackluster fights. 205 Hendo was much better, more dangerous and had bigger wins over better fighters. Anderson didnt beat THAT Hendo.

2.) Vitor wasnt TRT Vitor when Anderson beat him. A good win but better than Nog, Mirko or AA? No son.

3.) Forrest- Lets be real, Forrest is a solid fighter but not a better win than Prime Nog, Prime Mirko, Prime Arlovski or Sylvia. In all fairness Forrest sucks compared to someone like a prime Nog or a prime Mirko. Literally.

4.)Franklin- Another guy who never beat a great fighter in their prime. You cant compare beating Franklin to beating a Nog, Mirko,AA. Not even close in terms of danger and skill. Even Randleman who just knocked out Mirko was a more dangerous and more difficult fight than Franklin.

Compare those fights to fights against PRIME NOG 2x who beat everyone, PRIME MIRKO who was in his prime and kicking peoples heads off , and Prime Arlovski who was the only man to KO Roy Nelson and Rothwell and beat Werdum leading up to the Fedor fight. I wouldnt

Fedor beat the better, more dangerous guys at a higher weight class and never cut weight and never got busted for PEDs and never clowned around and put on snoozers like Anderson did against Cote, Leites and Maia.

I hespect Anderson but he wasnt as great as Fedor was in his prime. Not in terms of competition or ferocity.

Anderson's top 4 wins:

1)Hendo, Vitor, Forrest and Franklin.

1.)Hendo has always known to be weakest at MW, esp later in his career when Anderson beat him. Thats where Hendo is known to gas and put on lackluster fights. 205 Hendo was much better, more dangerous and had bigger wins over better fighters. Anderson didnt beat THAT Hendo.

2.) Vitor wasnt TRT Vitor when Anderson beat him. A good win but better than Nog, Mirko or AA? No son.

3.) Forrest- Lets be real, Forrest is a solid fighter but not a better win than Prime Nog, Prime Mirko, Prime Arlovski or Sylvia. In all fairness Forrest sucks compared to someone like a prime Nog or a prime Mirko. Literally.

4.)Franklin- Another guy who never beat a great fighter in their prime. You cant compare beating Franklin to beating a Nog, Mirko,AA. Not even close in terms of danger and skill. Even Randleman who just knocked out Mirko was a more dangerous and more difficult fight than Franklin.

Compare those fights to fights against PRIME NOG 2x who beat everyone, PRIME MIRKO who was in his prime and kicking peoples heads off , and Prime Arlovski who was the only man to KO Roy Nelson and Rothwell and beat Werdum leading up to the Fedor fight. I wouldnt

Fedor beat the better, more dangerous guys at a higher weight class and never cut weight and never got busted for PEDs and never clowned around and put on snoozers like Anderson did against Cote, Leites and Maia.

I hespect Anderson but he wasnt as great as Fedor was in his prime. Not in terms of competition or ferocity.

1) Hendo wasn't always "weaker" at 185. A lot of his PRIDE losses came at "Middleweight (203 u know what i mean). Anderson didn't have to beat Hendo at 205 because lil nog did. Hendo beat Renzo (those sound alike lol), Bustamante, Gono, Chonan (10-5 at the time with wins over good comp, like Carlos Newton.

2) That Vitor starched Lindland faster than Fedor did.

3) Forrest, does NOT suck. Heart for days, great conditioning, and good submissions alongside a large frame. Forrest beat Shogun, and Rampage back to back before losing to Evans. Put respect on his name. Forrest brawls when he gets hit. He tried to do with Anderson, but his distance control was on point. Forrest's defense normally is a good offense. Didn't work with silva.

4) Franklin is a great fighter. IDK what to tell you. The only bad loss on the resume is Cung Le. And cung was a former MW champ stunned Wandy too. Let's not forget, he was a finisher as well. Franklin is the same caliber win, if not better than AA.

Prime Arlovski got beat by big Timmeh. He's always been a glass cannon. 3 KO losses before the belt, and one was Datisk.

Fedor has Nog and Cro Cop, great wins, but the rest of his resume isn't stellar. At least Silva has Marquardt (Fomer strikeforce champ), Sakurai, Okami, Maia, and Sonnen (unofficial WEC champ).

Silva also tested himself in the UFC. Whether we like it or not, that means something. I'm not sold on your Fedor argument. Agree to disagree good sir!

gif8.gif

True GOATS don't tap to strikes. Nore do they have real loses

Jones has been the GOAT for years now

Guess that rules out GSP then. His fans will dispute the hell out of this criteria, because he'd be at the bottom based on this.

Gsp is one of the biggest drawing champions ever. Everyone tuned into his fights

dc wins are part of his ped usage so they dont count and first gus fight he lost and 2nd one he was still busted for peds.

lyoto still was a middle weight fighting at lhw.
Doesn't change the fact gsp was getting KOed and tapping to strikes in his prime from fighters in lower weight classes. As well as being unable to finish a fight for the majority of his career makes him not a goat in my eyes.

Doesn't change the fact gsp was getting KOed and tapping to strikes in his prime from fighters in lower weight classes. As well as being unable to finish a fight for the majority of his career makes him not a goat in my eyes.

gsp invented point fighting after the matt serra lose. gsp said all that matters is winning and why risk something happening when you can just do what is needed to win.

gsp invented point fighting after the matt serra lose. gsp said all that matters is winning and why risk something happening when you can just do what is needed to win.
Because when you fight that way no one remembers you 3 years after you retire. Not to mention noone enjoys watching that shit regardless of how much of a "purist" you are.

Because when you fight that way no one remembers you 3 years after you retire. Not to mention noone enjoys watching that shit regardless of how much of a "purist" you are.

point fighting is about winning and mr boring himself gsp said all that mattered is winning.

What does this thread have to do with anything?

Jones gets defended all the time. Joe Rogan on his podcast literally said he thinks Jones never took steroids in his life.

Dana White sweeps every Jones violation under the rug. Moves a whole event from Vegas to LA because Jones got caught with steroids for a 3rd time and Nevada refused to sanction him.

The countless fans of his trash other fighters and legends of the sport while completely dismissing Jones steroid busts.

The list goes on..
he got "caught" with steroids once. they moved the event because nevada wasn't ready to license jones and california was. nevada licensed him shortly thereafter (agreeing with california).

gif8.gif

True GOATS don't tap to strikes. Nore do they have real loses

Jones has been the GOAT for years now

Tapping to strikes is better than tapping to locks and chokes (and GSP has tapped to locks).

Ask any doctor. If you don't tap to a choke you go out but are immediately revived, with no long term or short term consequences. If you don't tap to a lock you have a broken bone and torn tendons or ligaments, but medical science is good at fixing those, you'll be out six months but no serious long term consequences. If you don't tap to strikes you'll be further concussed, with consequences that will follow you the rest of your life and for which current science can do nothing to help.

People who think tapping to strikes is worse than tapping to chokes or locks are simply showing their lack of medical knowledge. Now if you want to say people who've tapped can't be GOAT, then it still includes GSP. But his tapping to strikes wasn't nearly as bad as his tapping to an armbar -- there's a reason several countries' medical associations want to ban boxing and MMA, but none want to ban judo or BJJ; chokes and armbars simple aren't medically dangerous. Striking is. Which is why strikes are the first thing to tap to.

Currently the common list for GOAT disqualifiers include tapping (to anything), testing positive for a PED (ie intentionally cheating) -- those two eliminate the four usual names (GSP, Jones, Anderson and Fedor, all of which either tapped or tested positive for PED's). It also eliminates most of the other commonly mentioned names. The GOAT is going to be someone who's never tested positive and who's never tapped, but has been a dominant champ. I've no idea who that is.

1) Hendo wasn't always "weaker" at 185. A lot of his PRIDE losses came at "Middleweight (203 u know what i mean). Anderson didn't have to beat Hendo at 205 because lil nog did. Hendo beat Renzo (those sound alike lol), Bustamante, Gono, Chonan (10-5 at the time with wins over good comp, like Carlos Newton.

2) That Vitor starched Lindland faster than Fedor did.

3) Forrest, does NOT suck. Heart for days, great conditioning, and good submissions alongside a large frame. Forrest beat Shogun, and Rampage back to back before losing to Evans. Put respect on his name. Forrest brawls when he gets hit. He tried to do with Anderson, but his distance control was on point. Forrest's defense normally is a good offense. Didn't work with silva.

4) Franklin is a great fighter. IDK what to tell you. The only bad loss on the resume is Cung Le. And cung was a former MW champ stunned Wandy too. Let's not forget, he was a finisher as well. Franklin is the same caliber win, if not better than AA.

Prime Arlovski got beat by big Timmeh. He's always been a glass cannon. 3 KO losses before the belt, and one was Datisk.

Fedor has Nog and Cro Cop, great wins, but the rest of his resume isn't stellar. At least Silva has Marquardt (Fomer strikeforce champ), Sakurai, Okami, Maia, and Sonnen (unofficial WEC champ).

Silva also tested himself in the UFC. Whether we like it or not, that means something. I'm not sold on your Fedor argument. Agree to disagree good sir!

Who is Hendos best win at 185? 10-5 is nothing to write home about lol.

Wow Vitor beat an old ass Lindland faster than Fedor. How impressive. Lol remind me who pre TRT Vitor beat who were in their prime.

Also remind me which elite fighter Franklin beat. Remind which great fighter Franklin beat when they were in their prime. Query? Lol

And Forrest does suck. Got knocked the fuck out by an Anderson step back jab like a bum.

Anderson tested himself in the UFC but also tested himself in Pride where he was in his 30s already and a 7 year veteran of fighting and still got mopped by Japanese cans. The same pride where Fedor was undefeated.

For Joe Rogan there is a new GOAT with every event.

First he cried and said Ronda was the GOAT and a once in a life time athlete.

Then Holly KTFOd Ronda and Holly was the GOAT because of her run in boxing and MMA.

Then Holly got beat by Tate and Tate was the GOAT.

Then Cyborg came and Cyborg was the GOAt.

Then Amanda KOs Cyborg and shes the GOAT.

Rogan is a huge marketing tool for the UFC because they know people hang on everything he says and he shills hard for them.

He literally said he thinks Jones never took steroids LOL

Yeah well lets see you jam as much drugs into your system and try to remember anything you've said over the years. It's pretty clear Rogan is retarded.

Back