Jon Jones isnt the GOAT, true GOATS are must watch fighters. Jones isnt that.

bro you reallly needed to make this shit thread to reinforce what we already know:
ARTEM THE GOAT

The facts dont lie.

But opinions often do and that's what this is. Your opinion.

ZHSKeEL.jpg

I enjoy watching Jones fight. His only 2 fights that I thought were dull were the OSP fight and maybe this last fight with Santos. The OPS fight, he was coming off a long layoff and he fought cautiously. The Santos fight he fought smart. He is never going to fight like Justin Gaethje, few do. He is a technician who fights smart and avoids getting punched in the head. A wise choice.

Jones was on the roids for the dc fight and the gus fight. Hormone levels dont lie.

Fedor and SIlva are def the GOATs. Id favor Fedor over Silva though because I feel that wins over Big Nog and Mirko in their prime are more impressive than anything Anderson ever did.
I see the Forrest fight, Hendo, Belfort, and Franklin as equal to Cro Cop and Nog. The scale balances who's Fedor's 3rd and 4th best wins? Do they even out idk. I have Silva over Fedor because of his UFC tenure, and his talent level. Silva was so fast. People talk about his accuracy, but he had serious fast twitch fibers. Made his reflexes insane. Fedor, while an explosive guy as well, was a notch below Silva.

I see the Forrest fight, Hendo, Belfort, and Franklin as equal to Cro Cop and Nog. The scale balances who's Fedor's 3rd and 4th best wins? Do they even out idk. I have Silva over Fedor because of his UFC tenure, and his talent level. Silva was so fast. People talk about his accuracy, but he had serious fast twitch fibers. Made his reflexes insane. Fedor, while an explosive guy as well, was a notch below Silva.

Lol @ comparing prime Mirko and Nog to Forrest and Belfort and MW Hendo who sucked at MW. UFC bias spotted.

Guess that rules out GSP then. His fans will dispute the hell out of this criteria, because he'd be at the bottom based on this.

Actually its a fairly easy to measure how exciting a fighter is -- use their PPV numbers. Anyone willing to pay $50 to watch a fighter finds them entertaining. The problem of course is getting official PPV numbers, but if you go by the unofficial ones then the most entertaining UFC fighters have been (in no particular order): McGregor, Anderson, GSP, Jones, Rousey. Which means most GSP supporters won't be particularly upset about using entertainment value, given that GSP is one of the biggest draws.

The thing is, entertaining is 100% subjective. Some people like chocolate ice-cream, some don't but like strawberry. Some people like rock'n'roll. Some people like jazz or classical. Expecting everyone to agree on which fighters are or aren't entertaining is simply pointless, humans are way too diverse in what they enjoy.

As for GOAT, it too is completely subjective. Most people just define GOAT in such a way that their favorite fighter is GOAT. Which makes reading GOAT threads entertaining, but not worth taking seriously.

A. Silva had a lot of dull fights - stareing contests.
So did Gsp.
I dont like Jones but he didnt lose yet and he keeps winning. He just plays it safe imho.

If Jones isn't a must-watch fighter, why does he consistently draw big PPV numbers?

vs Smith - 650K
vs Gus 2 - 700K
vs DC 2 - 860K
vs St Preux - 322K
vs Cormier 1 - 800K
vs Texiera - 350K
vs Gus 1 - 310K
vs Sonnen - 530K
vs Belfort - 450K
vs Evans - 700K
vs Machida - 485K
vs Rampage - 520K
vs Shogun - 445K

Sure, he's no McGregor, Lesnar, or Rousey, but those numbers are darn good compared to the average card's buyrate, which is probably closer to 200K at best.

Today’s thread of Jones bashing...
And proceeds to use a WWE gif like this thread was impressive, I’m sure ufC brass is reading and changing their plans as we speak.
SMdh....

The facts dont lie. Without steroids Jones isnt an exciting fighter. His fights are uneventful and nothing anyone should plan around. Its the type of fight you watch highlights of on ESPN and nod your head as if you expected this all along.

The OSP fight was terrible. Then he fought DC a second time and won by TKO but he tested positive for steroids and his win was overturned. Fast forward to the Gus fight which was a snoozer even though Jones won by TKO. Watching the fight up until that point felt like watching paint dry. The fight against Anthony Smith was a snoozer as well where we watched Jones lay on a journeyman MW for 5 rounds while being unable to finish him or do any significant damage. Then we have the fight with Santos where Juice Jones is fighting another MW journeyman who got TKOd by the likes of David Branch who BLOWS HIS KNEE OUT IN THE FIRST ROUND and Jones still cant finish this guy and puts on a SNOOZER again where he does nothing for 5 rounds and even runs away in the closing seconds. One could even argue that he lost rounds 1,2 and 5. Truly lackluster and unexciting.

Jones is by FAR the most boring champion in the sport since GSP got neutered by Serra and went on his blanket run. After such uneventful performances against a washed up Gus and two MW journeymen, its hard to imagine that anyone cares about watching another Jon Jones fight. Add that to the fact this man tested positive 3x and refuses to fight at HW even though hes bigger than Arlovski and you have someone who doesnt deserve to be called the GOAT. You have someone Dana White describes as a "Sport Killer."

To be the GOAT means you are a MUST WATCH fighter who is dominant AND brings exciting moments in the cage/ ring. Jones isnt that hasnt been that for a long time. Probably since the OSP fight because thats where he couldnt use steroids anymore. The UFC fanboys need to accept this fact that Jones isnt the GOAT and that he is a downright boring fighter and nothing he can do from this point on can change this.

OVBTk.gif

So who is a more superior GOAT to Jones by this odd criteria?

The professional wrestler you posted???

John pulsing sponge john lost again a second fight ( not decision ) first to Gus now to Thiago
No possible Goat

Stipe have never lost a fair fight , the 2 intentional eyepokers ( SS & DC ) doesn't count
He will prove is much better than DC and he'll be no doubt Baddest man on the Planet and GOAT

Also Khabib after he'll beat Ferg , Dustin , GSP can be GOAT

Back