Jon Jones is the only fighter that truly beat his opponents at their own game.

Contrary to popular belief, Fedor didn't do this against Cro Cop. He pressured the shit out of Cro Cop, keeping him on the back foot making it harder for him to kick. Took Cro Cop out of his comfort zone rather than beating him at his own game, brilliant fight. People only say Fedor beat him at his own game because Fedor threw kicks as well, but no he's just a well rounded fighter.

He did beat Big Nog at his own game though by beating him on the ground.

The true goat Fedor, actually did this. He beat cro cop who at the time was the most feared striker around on the feet when he could have easily took him down and subbed him. He sat in nogs guard and beat him half to death when nogs guard was the last place any fighter wanted to be. He was great In every aspect of the game. He beat the best at their game by using their game against them. As much as Jon could have been great, he still didn't fight 8n his true division. He is a huge guy for lhw and it's a huge advantage. Like conor at 145, he just has too much reach for lhws. He could be goat, if he would move to hw and be champ maybe, and that's only maybe because without dc the hw division is pretty mediocre. He doesn't have ko power, he cheats, he pokes eyes very often, and just isn't as talented in all phases of mma as Fedor was. Fedor had ko power in both hands, best gnp ever, best transitions in hws ever, speed, grappling, takedowns/throws.. And was top notch at all. Jon is great, dont get me wrong, but he is not better than Fedor in all aspects of mma. Fedor is above him in most . Just my opinion, but I've seen both 9f their entire careers at the top level. As much as bones has dominated at lhw, it's just not as impressive as Fedors reign at the king of all weights.
I think you are grossly underrating Jones when comparing him to Fedor. When you're a fan of one guy and greatly dislike the other, it is difficult to be impartial.

Jon is arguably the best fighter in the history of MMA. He isn't even my favourite LHW, let alone fighter but it's true.

Contrary to popular belief, Fedor didn't do this against Cro Cop. He pressured the shit out of Cro Cop, keeping him on the back foot making it harder for him to kick. Took Cro Cop out of his comfort zone rather than beating him at his own game, brilliant fight. People only say Fedor beat him at his own game because Fedor threw kicks as well, but no he's just a well rounded fighter.

He did beat Big Nog at his own game though by beating him on the ground.
don't forget spent half the fight on top of cro cop on the ground.

An underrated guy for this kind of stylistic badassery is Anthony Pettis. At his best, he either one-ups his opponents' supposed strengths, or simply makes an end run around them. The list of grapplers that he has tapped is possibly the best of its kind in MMA history.

- Benson Henderson is made of rubber and un-submittable? Belly-down armbar in 4 minutes.
- Gilbert Melendez has never been tapped in a fight, and has been rolling with the Diazes and Jake Shields for a decade? Guillotined.
- Charles do Bronx is probably the best offensive submission artist in the sport? No prob, I'll hang out in scrambles with him fearlessly until I can snatch a guillotine.
- Michael Chiesa, a suffocating grappler? I'll throw the old "Vai Cavalo" on him.
- Donald Cerrone has an iron chin? Cool, skip the chin, I'll body kick him so hard his guts come out his butthole.
- Joe Lauzon comes out like a house on fire, to the point that "First Round J-Lau" is a trope? I'll nuke him in 90 seconds.

The true goat Fedor, actually did this. He beat cro cop who at the time was the most feared striker around on the feet when he could have easily took him down and subbed him. He sat in nogs guard and beat him half to death when nogs guard was the last place any fighter wanted to be. He was great In every aspect of the game. He beat the best at their game by using their game against them. As much as Jon could have been great, he still didn't fight 8n his true division. He is a huge guy for lhw and it's a huge advantage. Like conor at 145, he just has too much reach for lhws. He could be goat, if he would move to hw and be champ maybe, and that's only maybe because without dc the hw division is pretty mediocre. He doesn't have ko power, he cheats, he pokes eyes very often, and just isn't as talented in all phases of mma as Fedor was. Fedor had ko power in both hands, best gnp ever, best transitions in hws ever, speed, grappling, takedowns/throws.. And was top notch at all. Jon is great, dont get me wrong, but he is not better than Fedor in all aspects of mma. Fedor is above him in most . Just my opinion, but I've seen both 9f their entire careers at the top level. As much as bones has dominated at lhw, it's just not as impressive as Fedors reign at the king of all weights.
again, he spent half the fight on the ground with cro cop...

fedor's gnp i think is overrated from the nog 1 fight. of course pride and ufc have different rules for gnp....

jones obviously would have the advantage in the clinch, imo with fedor. fedor has his advantages of course.

don't forget spent half the fight on top of cro cop on the ground.

Yeah, people have selective memory and choose to only remember the striking. Half the fight was Fedor in Cro Cop's guard where Cro Cop did surpringly ok.

Hilarious to call Gus one of the best wrestlers in the division. He isn't even the best LHW wrestler in his own gym.

Is their "own game" drug testing ? He beat that worse than Ike beat Tina.
He outwrestled the best wrestlers in the division( Dc,Gus, and Bader)
tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif

He beat Glover in the pocket where Glover is the most dangerous, that's insane because no one thought jones or anymore would and could do that.
KZo2.gif

3Aef.gif

He also beat Dc at the clinch(the first fight, not so sure about the second), that's where Dc dirty boxing shine.
IndolentLateJohndory-size_restricted.gif

He outfeinted the master feinter machida.and almost ktfo him out on feet
jon-jones-lyoto-machida-GIF-wow-nice-choke.gif

He destroyed trt Vitor on feet and submitted the BJJ black belt. vitor at that fight wants no part of jones standing and pull guard multiple times.it's pretty clear that Vitor wants to submit jones on the ground but jones ending up submitting him instead.
kjioljqnoOj_fSA9f3OYk3O68cH_iHTZbtB5VPwjqwk.gif

141_Jon_Jones_vs_Vitor_Belfort.1419974271.0.jpg

He destroyed shogun at every area of MMA and made him tap to strikes.
24aziq1.gif

The majority of GSP's career is based on beating fighters at their own game.

I think you are grossly underrating Jones when comparing him to Fedor. When you're a fan of one guy and greatly dislike the other, it is difficult to be impartial.

Jon is arguably the best fighter in the history of MMA. He isn't even my favourite LHW, let alone fighter but it's true.
I agree Jon is one of the greatest of all time at lhw. Where he's mostly the bigger guy with huge reach advantage I'm not saying Jon sux, or doesn't deserve to be in the conversation. Fedor went almost 10 years at hw... W no losses. It's much more impressive, since at hw everyone has ko power. It's not very often that Fedor had a reach or size advantage. Plus he wasn't juicing and using peds to gain an advantage, since it was pretty much legal in pride. The way Fedor pounded out nog in their first fight was the 1st time anyone saw gnp like that. No clue what rules in gnp were different in pride, or that there were any rules that pertained to strictly gnp. Fedor in prime . Say even at the time of nog 1, would destroy Jones who is very close in weight. No advantage size wise for Fedor in that fight either, but Jon would get koed because of Fedors speed and power.

I agree Jon is one of the greatest of all time at lhw. Where he's mostly the bigger guy with huge reach advantage I'm not saying Jon sux, or doesn't deserve to be in the conversation. Fedor went almost 10 years at hw... W no losses. It's much more impressive, since at hw everyone has ko power. It's not very often that Fedor had a reach or size advantage. Plus he wasn't juicing and using peds to gain an advantage, since it was pretty much legal in pride. The way Fedor pounded out nog in their first fight was the 1st time anyone saw gnp like that. No clue what rules in gnp were different in pride, or that there were any rules that pertained to strictly gnp. Fedor in prime . Say even at the time of nog 1, would destroy Jones who is very close in weight. No advantage size wise for Fedor in that fight either, but Jon would get koed because of Fedors speed and power.
You do realize that the difference between someone being LHW and HW is literally 1 Lb? If you weigh 206 on the scale, you are a HW.

These guys Jones is beating are all HWs inside the cage. They're just smaller than the biggest HWs and just as big as some of the lazy HWs.

I think it's telling that DC beat the hW champ. Outside of a couple HWs, I don't think HWs would give Jones a little bit of a problem.

JDS, Ngannou, Overeem and Stipe are probably the only HWs that I think he would have trouble with.

DC and Jones are bigger wins than anyone in the HW division.

Back