Jon Jones is the most interesting person in MMA

But i don’t want you to change my mind. That’s why its not an argument.
I just honestly want to know who you think is the most interesting person in MMA
Bruce Buffer.

Honest question, what do you consider modern?

20th century until now, give or take. My point is that it's hard to call anyone the best fighter ever for two reasons:
1. Ruleset matters. A lot. Jones thrives under one ruleset and knows how to use the boundaries of that ruleset to his advantage. Under other rulesets he'd still be good no doubt, but others might be better.
2. People have been fighting for a really long time and there have been some bad motherfuckers in every era.

If you're point is that in the context of MMA Jones is the best we've seen, then I agree with you. And I agree with the larger point that he is interesting, though I don't see interesting as an inherently good thing. Jones draws attention because he simultaneously is so talented and so smart in one field and has such bad judgment in other areas.

I still remember his debut like it was yesterday

giphy.gif

No, that would be Fedor. I mean the most interesting person in MMA and also the best fighter. Of course IQ 80 Americans think Fedor has no persona because he isn't similiar shit talker like they are. Go any American hood and you will find many Jon Jones roaming around. I don't mean by fighting abilities, but personality wise.
Thing is jon acts nothing like the average person from the "hood". I'm not even sure were you get that from outside the color of his skin. Fedor barely speaks and when he does it's often reserved so I what makes him so interesting? IQ 80 Americans. Just lol.

Jones is and will be me boy in/out the cage is he open to the criticism, yep..! But in the cage he's earned his respect people giving far too much credit to peds/steroids and forgetting about genetics ability athleticism which is evident in Jon's bloodline with brothers playing/played 1st team NFL football.

Lets not pretend many others fighting UFC level don't have their own special cocktails natural or close to natural, but it's not enough without skill, IQ, style, experience, tell me which ped or med gives me that "I'm IN"..

For those going back and wanna bring up that choirboy act that Jon 1st came with I think that was Dana's call to play the good wholesome kid role, not knowing when Jon got a taste of sweet life he would want a lot more. Fast life can catch you quick no matter who you and what you are I'm living proof of it...

One LoVe....

Last edited:
Thing is jon acts nothing like the average person from the "hood". I'm not even sure were you get that from outside the color of his skin. Fedor barely speaks and when he does it's often reserved so I what makes him so interesting? IQ 80 Americans. Just lol.

Well maybe I don't Jon that well then. I have seen him as a person who parties and does drugs on his freetime and talks shit. Nothing personal about that, western world is full of guys like that. Fedor barely speaks when he is asked about stupid and generic questions about MMA. I can't explain his persona, but he does stand out from most of the fighters and most of modern males. He's very calm, very respectful, he's not materialistic or anything like that. He's just a man who likes to spend time with his family and friends, playing chess, reading books, listening classical music, drawing etc. Personality isn't being a loud mouth.

Well maybe I don't Jon that well then. I have seen him as a person who parties and does drugs on his freetime and talks shit. Nothing personal about that, western world is full of guys like that. Fedor barely speaks when he is asked about stupid and generic questions about MMA. I can't explain his persona, but he does stand out from most of the fighters and most of modern males. He's very calm, very respectful, he's not materialistic or anything like that. He's just a man who likes to spend time with his family and friends, playing chess, reading books, listening classical music, drawing etc. Personality isn't being a loud mouth.

Plus he’s not black

You must've never met someone like Jon Jones..

I have, and the guy was just as off the hook as he was. He's not really that interesting, but everyone has their own opinion.

You must've never met someone like Jon Jones..

I have, and the guy was just as off the hook as he was. He's not really that interesting, but everyone has their own opinion.
Most MMA fighters are pretty boring though

Says a lot about MMA fans when many of them seem to believe Jones and the Diaz bros are interesting

Plus he’s not black

If you're implying that I picked Fedor over Jones, because he's white then it just shows how simple minded you are and I'm not surprised that you find someone like Jon Jones as a interesting persona.

I don't know how you can consider a known cheater to be the greatest at their sport. And the argument that everyone is doing is stupid because last I checked, everyone isn't failing these test like Jon is either. If Jon was the GOAT, he wouldn't need roids to prove it. /thread

Says a lot of MMA fans when many believe Jones and the Diaz bros are interesting
@Jackonfire mentioned something to this effect about this as well

I’m confused as to how you, and he, thinks this reflects on me. It’s confusing to me.
Lots of things interest me. Cancer interests me, Degenerative brain diseases interest me, terrorism interests me, shitty TV interests me, bad music interests me, foreign languages etc etc etc. And people who I can’t quite relate too who seem to simultaneously be at the top of their fields, as well as being self sabetours with poor impulse control is something that I find interesting.

Most fighters in MMA, aside from the clearly shit people like the criminals, are straightforward and reasonably easy to understand. I do not find Jon Jones to be such, others might, but if you disagree I don’t think it reflects on your character in anyway.

Back