Jon Jones is the best defensive fighter of all time. Video evidence inside. Joe Solis is GOAT

Thanks for posting that tweet from Jone's manager, that makes it pretty clear that he won 4-1 and it's the GOAT.

I love how people say Reyes out struck Jones.

Yes on paper Reyes landed like 10 more strikes (which is almost nothing as compared to other fights with -20 strike differential fighters taking rounds based on grappling and pressure)

However jones posted, evaded and moved out of the way of almost everything Reyes threw, the stuff that did get through is almost always blocked or the power is deflected. Nobody can show me a clear striking advantage in any round other than small flurries here and there which Jon evades all of, or the short uppercut which seems to be the most significant strike of the night when you ignore the fact that Reyes left the arena in a wheel chair

Thanks for posting that tweet from Jone's manager, that makes it pretty clear that he won 4-1 and it's the GOAT.
You missed the other 99% of his post, my apologies if you’re illiterate or something

Funny to see the haters say dumb shit like "oh, his manager thinks he won!". Let's flip that logic right back at them. Oh, a sherbro thinks he lost? There are three opinions that actually matter here, and all three of them said Jon won. Deal with it. Jones Bless.

Never trust a Conrat fan, it figures a fan of an Irish degenerate would be a fan of Jones also.

KHABIB GOAT.jpg

How many strikes landed in the gif in your eyes. Answer that question alone no other commentary please.

lol a 6 second sequence represents a 25 minute fight?

<mma2>

How many strikes landed in the gif in your eyes. Answer that question alone no other commentary please.

Why are you bringing up the gif? The gif was excellent defense by Jones avoiding all of Reyes strikes as he is head hunting.

He still got outstruck in the first 3 rounds of the fight.

Never trust a Conrat fan, it figures a fan of an Irish degenerate would be a fan of Jones also.

View attachment 726017
I'm picking Khabib, but let's see after this fight with Tony. The resumes of Jones and GSP make Khabib's look like amateur hour. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Not holding that against Khabib, but there's a shade of gray in your black and white.

The judges had it 48-47 for Jones so it doesn't really matter what people think, Jones won. The Sherdog judges also scored it 48-47 for Jones.

I'm picking Khabib, but let's see after this fight with Tony. The resumes of Jones and GSP make Khabib's look like amateur hour. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. Not holding that against Khabib, but there's a shade of gray in your black and white.

For one thing, Georges and Bones both fought a shit ton of title fights. Lets see what Khabib looks like after he wins about 12 title fights. Oh yea, that's never going to happen.

Khabib wasn't fortunate enough to come in at the perfect time and have a bunch of past prime war torn celebrity fighters from another organisation to feast on whilst making them look 2 divisions smaller. Also he doesn't cheat in or out of the ring. LW is the most stacked division in MMA history, guys on 5+ win streaks not in the top 10.

Is this news to people? I saw that sequence and jones was impressive, however, he still lost.....Sorry, Reyes won.

So you cherry pick 12 seconds of the fight to make some kind of trollish point? Oh his manager thought he won? Let's get his Mom's opinion on it while we are at it.

Jon is a really good defensive fighter. Doesn't change the fact Reyes landed the better shots, and landed more shots the 1st 3 rounds.

lol the point of "cherry picking" this 12 seconds is that the metrics likely credited Reyes with 4 or 5 "significant" strikes in the exchange. Because the fighters aren't wearing fuckin microchips that register strikes absorbed. It's a human pushing a button.

These are the exact moments that lead people to say "Jones's control and selective striking did not negate the flurries that Reyes had to start the round." Well, if you know Reyes didn't land anything, you can shut up about his flurries.

Jones 2,3,4,5

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Not a big Jones fan, but I found it quite annoying that people are acting like this was some kind of robbery. Jones won 3 of 5, including the last two which were clear cut. The elite athlete lost the championship rounds and that's not a good look if you're looking to win by decision.

no. gsp is the best defensive fighter of all-time, because that was his fighting approach ever since the first serra loss. and that catapulted him to one of the goats. while other goats fought to finish, and put themselves in a lot more risk.

giphy.gif

Back