Jon Jones is not going to fight Stipe Miocic

You need to get hate out of the way because Jones might be anything but he definitely is not afraid of anyone and has never ducked any fighter.
He ducked Chael on short notice.

Jones has made a career out of fighting middleweights and was still scared of Sonnen.

As I said before, I wouldn’t mention it if Jones didn’t. He talks about it more than me!
He does but he selling wolf tickets everyone who has watched Jones for a while knows he’s the most risk averse fighter ever. No need entertain his hype efforts

Why would a champion take any fight on short notice? That’s what challengers do
Jones was scheduled to fight Dan Henderson but Dan couldn't make it so Chael tried to fill in.
They had to cancel the entire event because Jones wouldn't fight Chael without specifically training to fight Chael.

Jones would be taking huge risks with a Stipe fight. As an increasingly risk averse competitor, that seems unlikely.

While it is true that, technically, prime Jones was P4P streets ahead of Miocic, there are problems. The first is that Jones is visibly past his prime and his offensive potency has regressed if not outright evaporated. While some (myself included) wondered if Jones had shifted towards an efficient/clinical fighting style in order to extend his earning potential as a main event fighter, we now have a sufficiently large body of work to conclude that Jones is indeed past his best. He arguably lost his last two fights. Secondly, Stipe poses some problematic stylistic dilemmas. He has solid boxing (unlike Jon) and likes to get busy in terms of throwing plenty of punches (which Jon has struggled with). He can take a shot from monster punchers (and Jones isn't a monster hitter). He can KO people himself. Third, Stipe is bigger than Jon. Jones's offensive wrestling game has been of declining effectiveness for years and I would back Stipe to see the fight standing. Miocic is the same height as Jones too, though Jon would have a four-inch reach advantage.

Jon's chin is granite and his defence is impeccable but he would damn well need it against stipe. Dude is big, hits a lot harder than reyes

jones would have been finished in any of those first three rounds if that was stipe instead of dominic reyes

i mean seriously, were here arguing over the legitimacy of his wins over guys like dom reyes and thiago santos. youre not fooling anyone into believing you actually think this guy can beat stipe. thats just a silly assertion at this point.
Reyes murders Stipe, forget about Jones.

Yeah easily makes weight and still ducks an entire weight class.
Lol either you're retarded or trolling.
Choose one.

The guy has talked about and teased a move to HW for years. When it comes right down to it he never makes the move. I don't feel a need to insult you in return. Your posting history is insulting enough on it's own.

I don't think he will talk about HW anymore. His post-USADA strength/wrestling is pedestrian and he will get murdered by the big HW strikers who won't respect his power.
I agree.

I suspect Jones vs Stipe would look a lot like Holloway vs Poirier. The power difference would be on full display.

The guy has talked about and teased a move to HW for years. When it comes right down to it he never makes the move. I don't feel a need to insult you in return. Your posting history is insulting enough on it's own.
Exactly. Jon keeps talking about heavyweight and then never pulls the trigger.

At least we’re being honest

seriously though, I could break it down and say his footwork isn’t as good, his boxing defense isn’t as good, his punching mechanics aren’t as good, his takedown defense isn’t as good, etc etc

I think it’d be more efficient and accurate to say that Dominick Reyes doesn’t do a single thing in the entire sport of mma as good as stipe Miocic. Not one thing

Jones wins by unanimous decision. Octagon control and all that shit.
Never heard of someone winning an decision while laying in his back unconscious.

The HW GOAT gets it done in one. Probably two.

Why would Stipe, with his injury history, want to fight the P4P best eyepoker in the world?

Back