"Jon Jones is not a dominant fighter"

His eye pokes alone are more dominant than half the roster.

TS clearly triggered as fuck.

<24><24><24>

jon also cheats and fights dirty.

No one dominates their division like Khabib.

It's all relative.

Relative to khabib jones is not a dominant champ, but then who is??

Instead of responding to this thread, we should all just start a thread about it.

Jon Jones...he is an ok fighter. He will alway be remembered as the guy who ducked GSP and Anderson.

Statements like these make no sense to me because Jones only has two controversial decision wins in his career: Gus and Santos

But if two close decision wins mean you're not dominant, then who really is "dominant"?

- GSP has two losses via 1st rd finish + two controversial dec wins (Penn 1/Hendricks)
- Fedor and Silva both have multiple losses by finish
- DJ has lost three times, and won a few close decisions as well (Dodson 1, McCall, Benavidez 1)
- Cruz has been finished by Faber and dominated by Cody. Also has a bunch of close dec wins (Faber II, Benavidez, Dillashaw)
- Aldo has been finished four times and lost to Volk

Jones has a better resume than pretty much everyone, and the only guy who is more dominant is Khabib (who hasn't faced the level of competition that the aforementioned guys have)
we dont know because he's relied on peds for his wins. what's he like off them. we dont know.

you sound jealous
Dude, I am replying with all serious. I personally don't find him attractive or good-looking at all, and I think he looks ugly.
I seriously thought you were using this pic to mock Jones. Different people have different taste, alright?

Jon has thoroughly dominated every fight he's been in except for Gus 1 and Santos
GSP has 2 losses in the first round and a razor thin decision vs Hendricks

when Jon doesnt finish his opponents, people on here scream unimpressive
meanwhile the 'GoatSP' had 8 decisions in 9 title fights
GSPs opponents had more wins and less losses compared to Jones' opponents though.

EDIT: the talentpool at welterweight is way bigger than that at light heavyweight as well.

I'm not a Jones fan. I always cheer for his opponent. I know the guy is a dumpster fire of a human...but lol at anybody saying Khabib is more dominant than Jones. Jones' resume is absolutely fucking insane. Gear or no gear, it's impressive. DC twice is pretty damn good by itself. Then when you consider his record reads like a who's who in mma at 205, the man is pretty untouchable with the strength of opposition argument.

I know he hasn't looked stellar lately. I see him slowing down. I see that he is primed for a fall. I get all that. In terms of accomplishments, nobody touches him except for MAYBE Anderson Silva. I'm just being honest. Not liking the guy doesn't mean I can't be objective when it comes to discussing his career.

Yes, he's dirty. Yes, he uses eye pokes intentionally. Yes, he has failed multiple tests for peds. He's still the best to ever do it up to this point. It's a fight, not a tickling competition. The man can fight, and he deserves credit for everything he's done. I'm a big Jones hater, but I am also realistic.

He’s literally the only person who has ever fucking said that and you have to make a thread about it.

lmao

Statements like these make no sense to me because Jones only has two controversial decision wins in his career: Gus and Santos

But if two close decision wins mean you're not dominant, then who really is "dominant"?

- GSP has two losses via 1st rd finish + two controversial dec wins (Penn 1/Hendricks)
- Fedor and Silva both have multiple losses by finish
- DJ has lost three times, and won a few close decisions as well (Dodson 1, McCall, Benavidez 1)
- Cruz has been finished by Faber and dominated by Cody. Also has a bunch of close dec wins (Faber II, Benavidez, Dillashaw)
- Aldo has been finished four times and lost to Volk

Jones has a better resume than pretty much everyone, and the only guy who is more dominant is Khabib (who hasn't faced the level of competition that the aforementioned guys have)
Jj is the clear goat

Definitely deserving of its own thread

TS is definitely not a drama queen

GSPs opponents had more wins and less losses compared to Jones' opponents though.

EDIT: the talentpool at welterweight is way bigger than that at light heavyweight as well.

Vera: (ONE HW champ)

Ryan Bader: 12-0 (bellator hw and lhw double champ)

Shogun Rua: 19-4 (29 years old, LHW champ at the time, should've be 20-3)

Rampage: (former LHW champ)

Machida: 17-2 (former LHW champ)

Rashad Evans: 17-1 (former LHW champ)

TRT Vitor Belfort: (former LHW champ, just finished Rumble fight before, went on to violently headkick KO next 3 after Jon)

Gustafsson 1: 15-1

Glover Teixeira: 22-2 (20 fight winstreak)

Daniel Cormier 1: 15-0

Daniel Cormier 2: 19-1 (former UFC LHW and HW Double Champ)

Gustafsson 2: 18-4

meanwhile GSP's best wins are vs 5'4 shrek and bum BJP
got finished by a 5'5 LW journyman in the first round

shit-post-dont-look.gif

The only fighter more dominant than him is Khabib. There isn't any other fighter you can really argue about being more dominant than him.

Back