Jon Jones is cornered

BringCodyBack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So from what it seems his management and himself been trying to avoid Gus at all costs at this point, still havent signed the contract and in public expressed he wants to make Gus wait and he

People are saying he hasn't signed it yet because he's negotiating a new contract.

don't understand why folk are so afraid to post on their real accounts

Jones knows he cant duck Gus, its a done deal, but he probably wants to make sure the fights now in Sweden.

Last I heard (from Sherdog front page) the fight is PROBABLY taking place in Vegas, but Dana is still trying for Sweden.

Also he's signing a new multi-fight contract. This is his career TS. When did you last sign a contract when you felt you deserved more, just to prove a point to anonymous internet warriors?

Jones ain't ducking no one. It's all about the money. He knows DC just fought and Gus is available. A showdown of Rumble & 'Shad can be the next in line. He's trying to get more $$$ before he signs and I think that's reasonable.

Jones is tying to get PAID. He knows he makes the UFC 10x more than they pay him and that people consider him the GOAT LHW and in the top 5 GOAT's.

Jones doesn't want to listen to people telling him what to do. He wants to be like Floyd and do whatever he wants.

Just playing the waiting game... so he can keep DC waiting also.

Jones will be fighting Gus. He will agree to the fight when his deal is sorted and the date works. He doesn't jump at whatever date the UFC wants.

Just playing the waiting game... so he can keep DC waiting also.

Well Im not sure that is going to work since the date of the fight has already been determined. Does he want it later in the evening?

Man up and sign the fight Jonathan. You will get hospitalized again but at least you will get millions for that.

Jones ain't ducking no one. It's all about the money. He knows DC just fought and Gus is available. A showdown of Rumble & 'Shad can be the next in line. He's trying to get more $$$ before he signs and I think that's reasonable.

Ditto!

Folks are willing to pay for chance to watch Jones lose! Kind of like lottery. His agent probably on commission and now is time to sell the cash cow.

Also he's signing a new multi-fight contract. This is his career TS. When did you last sign a contract when you felt you deserved more, just to prove a point to anonymous internet warriors?

I don't think they offer contracts at the kinds of places TS is seeking employment. McDonalds isn't concerned with locking that caliber of talent down just yet.

I don't like Jones that much but I doubt that he is "ducking" him...He needs another contract before he fights anyone and it would be dumb to rush into signing to fight Gus just to please people like you. He wants to make good money off this fight because it is sure to pull in great numbers and he needs to be compensated.

Another terribly convincing thread on how and why Jones is ducking Gus...oh wait!

More likely than not, the rematch is coming.

Relax and enjoy

I'm not a fan of Jones, but if I were him, I wouldn't have to duck anyone. I don't think he is either. I actually believe that he is just re-negotiating his contract.

hes fighting Gus next you goof. Hes just getting that JonJones money first

Back