Jon Jones is 3 fights away from being the undisputed UFC GOAT.

Aldo deserves more love. He is right there too. Yet I never see anyone say if Aldo wins 2 more fights he is Goat.

That's because his resume is filled with no names. He is nowhere near jones

He's 20-1 with a fluky loss that shouldn't even count.
He wasn't really beaten.

Fedor was 30-1 with a fluky loss.
He wasn't really beaten.

He's got a ways to go to catch up to Fedor.

Plus - doing it at heavyweight at only 6' tall and where one punch puts guys to sleep all the time.

And no, Anderson does not belong in the discussion.
That's something Dana White started trying to bait Fedor into signing.
Anderson got whipped straight up by 2 smaller Japanese fighters.
Greatest MW, probably so. GOAT ever - Fedor.

I never pull for Jones - but he is getting there if he keeps it up.
I think he's already surpassed Anderson.

(EDIT - the Gus fight is a blemish on this claim though. While he got the decsion, it could have easily gone the other way. I had Gus. But regardless, going to the ER on a stretcher proves that he's the one that received the ass-whippin. But he got the W and he's got mad skill. So he is, at the moment, on the way. But we'll see.)

Last edited:
I would argue that GSP has faced tougher competition.

why doesn't Jones just have his dq loss expunged from his record

Aldo deserves more love. He is right there too. Yet I never see anyone say if Aldo wins 2 more fights he is Goat.

Jones been finishing guys left and right with exception to Glover and Gus...Aldo been sliding UD for a while now

Jones and Aldo are both very close to having the most impressive mma resumes in history. 1-2 more wins each and they surpass GSP/Anderson. Fedor is a comfortable #5.

In a way, this fight with Jones-Cormier could be the fight that determines who the GOAT in MMA is.

I would like Jones to take some fights at HW.

He doesn't need to win the HW title to be considered GOAT but a few fights with top 5 HWs would silence a lot of his doubters.

Yes, that fake ass snitch is not far away from becoming undisputed GOAT and Aldo is right behind him. They are both relatively young and almost nothing can stop them to become greatest of all time.

In a way, this fight with Jones-Cormier could be the fight that determines who the GOAT in MMA is.

Its funny it stands between Jones and Fedor...and the only thing in the way for jones is black fedor.:cool:

Last edited:
The guy is amazing. I do believe He is in the right place at the right time to some extent when it comes to 205.. The big dogs all started to fall off right at Jones' rise.. I dont take anything away from his wins at all though. If he disposes DC and then goes on to crush Gus in a rematch, there isn't much room for argument that he's the best 205er the UFC has ever seen. I personally dont think He is UFC GOAT yet.. Georges and Andy are still on top of the pile IMO.

He's already the undisputed LHW goat, I think that's already been settled. DC and another victory over Gus would put him on Anderson and GSP level

Back