Jon Jones interview about drug use

Did they ask him about the phantom blood test and his epitest?

yes at 8:14 and he mentions both him and Daniel tested low and he said he is and believes Cormier both do not use PED's but they left it at that for 30 seconds.

He sounds like he will be making a case against the NSAC for releasing his cocaine results when it is not a banned substance.

I don't like JJ much but its a good interview. Worth the watch

It was unwatchable. The interviewer kept making odd faces.

It was unwatchable. The interviewer kept making odd faces.

yeah, because she is a trained interviewer. I am sure she can read when someone is lying. I think he has a bigger problem than he is willing to admit.

Anyway there was already a thread in this it was buried on the 5th page so this thread can die and we can discuss in the main thread.

Did they ask him about the phantom blood test and his epitest?

There wasnt a god damn phantom blood test. Back when everythign first happened there was a quote in an mma junkie article from the NSAC. They did a urine, blood test(for hGH) and a blood passport test every occasion they tested jones and cormier.

The interviewer asked about the reactions of everyone Jones was related to. I was waiting for, "and did you apologize to your cranky Aunt Mable, you know she has a stiff lower back and poor circulation in her feet." Jones replies: "Yes, I was especially sorry that I disappointed Aunt Mable, who is so anti-drug that she won't even soak her feet in Epsom Salts." Interviewer: "Hopefully, she can put this behind you and get some care for her bunions."

I'm glad he plainly said "I screwed up" later in the interview, because the whole thing started off with him getting "bad news" that he "found out" at some point, as if he discovered for himself that he was using cocaine after the fight.

He owned up to screwing up. No need for him to really say anything else on the subject.

Not a huge fan of the guy, but everyone is human and makes mistakes. Hopefully he learns and grows from this, and keeps his head screwed on right in the future.

Breaking News: Rich man in his 20s likes to party!

Jones didn't make a mistake. The athletic commission made a mistake when they released the results of tests that should never have happened.

Lame softball scripted interview

So jones used a little coke in college and only ONE TIME after college and he happened to get busted for that ONE TIME. yea right

Interviewer: So did you apologize to dana?

apologize to dana? wtf kind of question is that.

Interviewer: what up with your T levels?
Jones: me and daniel both came back with low levels, I dont know why.
Interviewer: okie dokie.

Just one of many many screw ups you will see from this guy in the near future.

Lame softball scripted interview

So jones used a little coke in college and only ONE TIME after college and he happened to get busted for that ONE TIME. yea right

Interviewer: So did you apologize to dana?

apologize to dana? wtf kind of question is that.

Interviewer: what up with your T levels?
Jones: me and daniel both came back with low levels, I dont know why.
Interviewer: okie dokie.

Lmfao

The fact it even earned an interview is a joke

He doesn't have a drug problem but has done cocaine on and off since college. So for at least 5 years now he's been a recreational cocaine user and used it 1 month before the biggest fight of his career and somehow he's not an addict or abuser? Again, he openly admitted it wasn't a one time thing

Breaking News: Rich man in his 20s likes to party!

Jones didn't make a mistake. The athletic commission made a mistake when they released the results of tests that should never have happened.

It's called the freedom of information Act. But you're candian. You get a pass, I suppose.

I laughed when he called PED (ab)user a 'Steroid Man'.

That's such a childish way of telling things, especially when prior to that you're talking about T and E levels.

It's called the freedom of information Act. But you're candian. You get a pass, I suppose.

I wouldn't speak so confidently on this matter. It's extremely likely that any test that shouldn't have been administered and subsequently isn't relevant to the fight or their testing agreements should remain private and its release is likely a HIPAA violation.

We'll see, Jones is going to fight this (I hope).

The interview was not nearly as bad as I thought it be. Surprised he admitted to using cocaine in college.

Back