Jon Jones interview a ridiculous, hilarious sham (Deadspin article)

really doubt Chandler gives a shit seeing as one of his teammates is a murderer and another is Gronk.

Of course most people don't care, as long as you keep that shit on the down low. Jones gets regularly drug tested and it was inevitable he got caught and in the news. Props to him for throwing his brothers under the bus snitching on coke use in the NFL to try to draw attention away from himself.

Ahahaha... mostly college and that one time before UFC 182. HAHAHAHHAHAHA! Jones is such a terrible liar.

I do love the interview. So it looks like Jones went with the bald-faced lie by saying he did a lot coke in college and that one time with the UFC. Riiiiiight.

Jeff Sherwood on the podcast said he had known about the coke use for quite a while, but didn't say anything as it's unprofessional to report on rumors. Fair enough, but we need to stop pretending that he honestly just dabbles slightly.

My hope for him is he goes full Charlie Sheen and starts talking about it in public. Personal use, out of competition, I'm still winning; fuck you. He should embrace it.

Of course most people don't care, as long as you keep that shit on the down low. Jones gets regularly drug tested and it was inevitable he got caught and in the news. Props to him for throwing his brothers under the bus snitching on coke use in the NFL to try to draw attention away from himself.

Lol like everyone didn't already know that people in nfl used coke.

Lol like everyone didn't already know that people in nfl used coke.

Exactly. People already know it. What's silly is that Jones brings it up in an effort to distract from his own use. But Jones wasn't there to shine a light on drug use in sports, he was there to defend his use, and that less than a month out from a title fight.

Exactly. People already know it. What's silly is that Jones brings it up in an effort to distract from his own use. But Jones wasn't there to shine a light on drug use in sports, he was there to defend his use, and that less than a month out from a title fight.

Seemed to me he brought it up to describe the conversation his brother was having with him. I think it's a bit of a reach to assume he was trying to defend his own use possible yes but that wasn't my immediate reaction when I heard it.

Eye-pokes, fence grabs, suspected ped abuse...seems pretty fake in that regard too, honestly.

Fence grabs? "Suspected" PED use?

Which one of your heros did Jones destroy?

Seemed to me he brought it up to describe the conversation his brother was having with him. I think it's a bit of a reach to assume he was trying to defend his own use possible yes but that wasn't my immediate reaction when I heard it.

My immediate reaction- he was making excuses. Something an abuser does regularly.

My immediate reaction- he was making excuses. Something an abuser does regularly.

Yea I didn't see that either because I really don't see how NFL players using is an excuse. Do you not like Jones? Maybe your feelings towards him are forcing you to see things that are not there. For instance I don't care about Jones one way or other he could lose tomorrow and I wouldn't care. Not a fan or a hater of his at all so I just took the interview for what it was and didn't see any of the stuff others are seeing.

When ISN'T a PR-salvaging interview attempt involving drugs a total farce and debacle.

The guys who ran the football show in Green Bay talked about how, when Brett Favre made the announcement that, as part of kicking his Vicodin habit, he was also off of alcohol, completely that he was drinking beers during the commercial break.

He probably has some issues. Not sure how serious it is, or if it will get serious. If he his going to deal with it, it won't be until it does some serious damage to his liberty or his career.

ofc its a bs interview

just to try to save jj's face

at least his real face is gonna get busted up coming middle of the year

I think, and I am not sure, that the PED alegations only began after his abnormally low testosterone ratios. Those are still not explained, are they?

No, which effectively rules out PEDs, because PEDs would be an explanation. They would also turn up in a test. Which is why the allegations are absurd, and ignorant for the time being.

Back