Jon Jones has the best resume in MMA today.

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Beat Shogun, Rampage, Machida & Evans all former LHW Champs.

I don't care what anyone says, LHW was very competitive before and all these former champs were skilled enough to beat one another and it was demonstrated through their fights so don't downplay them whatsoever.

He beat his stiffest test in Gustafsson.

The best LHW prospect outside of the UFC who made waves once he came in verse Glover Teixeira.

& now DC who arguably could've been the #2 at HW after Cain but moved down to fight Jones.

Jon Jones resume is spectacular, dude has never been defeated in a fight, he just has a DQ loss blemish on his resume and that's about it. Gotta give it up to him!

nope that belongs to Dan Henderson

Another win over Gustafsson, a win over Rumble and a win in a possible rematch against DC will put him well at the position of top GOAT.

Beating Velasquez is just the cherry on top hehe.

I dont care what any Jones mouth breather says

Reality is most of Jones' marquee wins were over former killers who were far past their prime or were not at their best when Jones beat them. Context matters. Especially in best of or best ever talks, it has to be discussed and held against Jones whether fair or not.

Plus literally every one has been wayy smaller than Jones. Look what happened the first time Jones fought some one his own size and age in Gus. Really says it all. I just cant find myself to say Jones is the best LHW ever "IN SKILL" when size and REACH ARE A HUGE PART of Jones game and why Jones wins

This is simply a weak era right now where all the greats are old, and THERES ONLY GUS who matches Jones in size.

Last edited:
Another win over Gustafsson, a win over Rumble and a win in a possible rematch against DC will put him well at the position of top GOAT.

Beating Velasquez is just the cherry on top hehe.

Cain would SMASH Jones. Jones hinself knows it

Also, in regards to this thread

Gustafsson BEAT Jones.

And what had Cormier ever really done AT LHW. ALL he did was beat Cummings and an old Hendo.

Beating Cormier at LHW IS NOT as impressive as beating Cormier at HW wouldve been

I dont care what any Jones mouth breather says

Reality is most of Jones' marquee wins were over former killers who were far past their prime or were not at their best when Jones beat them. Context matters. Especially in best of or best ever talks, it has to be discussed and held against Jones whether fair or not.

Plus literally every one has been wayy smaller than Jones. Look what happened the first time Jones fought some one his own size and age in Gus. Really says it all. I just can find myself to say Jones is the best LHW ever "IN SKILL" when clearly size and REACH ARE A HUGE PART of Jones game and why Jones wins

This is simply a weak era right now where all the greats are old and THERES ONLY GUS who matches Jones in size.

You know nothing about MMA.

Please stop posting in MMA-related forums and go back to boxing, which I am sure you know even less about.

people try to short Jones on his resume by acting like Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Rampage were ancient MWs even though they all held the belt and beat the greatest LHWs in the sport. I'll give you Sonnen but Vitor was a legit LHW jacked up to the eyeballs on TRT. Jones straight up slayed them all.

He easily has the best resume of any LHW ever. His last two fights are wins over the guys I think are clear #2 and #3 in the division.

people try to short Jones on his resume by acting like Shogun, Machida, Rashad, Rampage were ancient MWs even though they all held the belt and beat the greatest LHWs in the sport. I'll give you Sonnen but Vitor was a legit LHW jacked up to the eyeballs on TRT. Jones straight up slayed them all.

He easily has the best resume of any LHW ever. His last two fights are wins over the guys I think are clear #2 and #3 in the division.

Truth right here. It still hurts just thinking what he did to Shogun....fucking prick destroyed what was suppose to be Shogun's era. :(

Back