Jon Jones has lopsided wins over the current UFC, Bellator and ONE FC HEAVYWEIGHT Champs

Zomg love watching jones crush cans at LhW
That is the sign of a GOAT. When the best talent available become "cans" during your reign, then you know you are on GOAT status.
Haters don't want Jon Jones to move up to heavyweight, because they want to see him fight more skilled opponents. Let us be honest. Heavyweights are the least skilled and athletic fighters in MMA.

So, if the HWs are the least skilled and least athletic fighters in UFC MMA, then it becomes obvious that Jon Jones haters want him to move up to heavyweight, just because they believe he has a better chance of losing up there.

Jon Jones is correctly a Light Heavy Weight. He has no problems making the weight and recovering from the weight cut. He was partying the week of the 1st Gustafsson fight, and he was still able to cut the weight, recover, and take Gustafsson best shots. He is a LHW. Just because he want to see him lose, it doesn't mean he should move up to HW.

If I was Jon Jones, I would stay at LHW and extend my glory. If the UFC wants to make a HW super fight, then I will stipulate a weight limit of 235 lbs (my off-season weight). So, the HW willing to fight me will be forced to cut some weight to offset the size advantage.

That is the sign of a GOAT. When the best talent available become "cans" during your reign, then you know you are on GOAT status.
Haters don't want Jon Jones to move up to heavyweight, because they want to see him fight more skilled opponents. Let us be honest. Heavyweights are the least skilled and athletic fighters in MMA.

So, if the HWs are the least skilled and least athletic fighters in UFC MMA, then it becomes obvious that Jon Jones haters want him to move up to heavyweight, just because they believe he has a better chance of losing up there.

Jon Jones is correctly a Light Heavy Weight. He has no problems making the weight and recovering from the weight cut. He was partying the week of the 1st Gustafsson fight, and he was still able to cut the weight, recover, and take Gustafsson best shots. He is a LHW. Just because he want to see him lose, it doesn't mean he should move up to HW.

If I was Jon Jones, I would stay at LHW and extend my glory. If the UFC wants to make a HW super fight, then I will stipulate a weight limit of 235 lbs (my off-season weight). So, the HW willing to fight me will be forced to cut some weight to offset the size advantage.

But they really are cans. LHW aint no lw or ww division. If he wants to cement his legacy then he needs to move to HW and fight clean.

Revisited the Bader-Jones fight somewhat recently and I forgot how he just babied Bader that night. Controlled him like an Xbox1 everywhere.

But they really are cans. LHW aint no lw or ww division. If he wants to cement his legacy then he needs to move to HW and fight clean.
They are only cans because of Jon Jones. Plus, Jon Jones' legacy was cemented when he beat DC in the first fight. The guy was UFC LHW champion at age 23. How many 23 year olds do you see everyday who are close to achieving this? Jon Jones probably beat all the UFC guys who have held the LHW belt, and if there guys that he didn't beat, he beat the guys who beat them.

Plus, if we use your logic, then the HW division is filled with even more cans than the LHW division. So, if it is not about skill. It is simply about wanting to see the guy lose. Jon Jones can easily lose at LHW. He has holes in his game.

Bader beats Jones if he's allowed to roid. DC literally kills him if he's allowed to roid and Jones would sit there and let DC kill him.

They are only cans because of Jon Jones. Plus, Jon Jones' legacy was cemented when he beat DC in the first fight. The guy was UFC LHW champion at age 23. How many 23 year olds do you see everyday who close to achieving this? Jon Jones probably beat all the UFC guys who have held the LHW belt, and they are guys that he didn't beat, he beat the guys who beat them.

Plus, if we use your logic, then the HW division is filled with even more cans than the LHW division. So, if it is not about skill. It is simply about wanting to see the guy lose. Jon Jones can easily lose at LHW. He has holes in his game.

I'm talking about cementing himself as the GOAT. If HW is so much easier like you say Jones would have gone their by now. Even he acknowledges it's a whole different animal there. Fedor gave 2 fucks about weight and fought monsters at HW and stayed undefeated for a decade. If Jones wants to be GOAT in everyones eyes he should take out the top HW's and do so without pulsing and popping every other fight.

They are only cans because of Jon Jones. Plus, Jon Jones' legacy was cemented when he beat DC in the first fight. The guy was UFC LHW champion at age 23. How many 23 year olds do you see everyday who close to achieving this? Jon Jones probably beat all the UFC guys who have held the LHW belt, and they are guys that he didn't beat, he beat the guys who beat them.

Think it's less about him losing and more about the way they want him to lose. You're right Jones has a much better chance of losing at 205 than HW. But the guy who beats Jones will probably win a decision or get an armbar slapped on or something like that. Both of those things have come very close to happening. They want a fat dude to send Jones to the floor, something that no 205'er has come close to doing. HW's might be worse in every other imaginable way but they've got more KO power. I think in the end those other drawbacks mean they have less of a chance of KO'ing Jones but his haters don't see it that way.

Last edited:
Then he got kicked in the face

Its not even the kick to the face that got me. Everyone shows the highlight head kick but DC was still conscious after that. What gets me is the violence that ensued after the head kick. Bones tracked DC across the Octagon and then beat the everloving shit out of him. I'm convinced DC lost I.Q. points permanently.

Think it's less about him losing and more about the way they want him to lose. You're right Jones has a much better chance of losing at 205 than HW. But the guy who beats Jones will probably lose a decision or get an armbar slapped on or something like that. Both of those things have come very close to happening. They want a fat dude to send Jones to the floor, something that no 205'er has come close to doing. HW's might be worse in every other imaginable way but they've got more KO power. I think in the end those other drawbacks mean they have less of a chance of KO'ing Jones but his haters don't see it that way.
I am not even confident that a heavyweight has a better chance of KO'ing Jon Jones than Johnny Walker or Thiago Santos.

Heavyweights are slow and cannot fight at Jon Jones' pace. Also, according to Fight Matrix 50% of HW fights end in a KO, and 43% of LHW fights end up in KOs. The question is, are these percentages statistically significant? I don't know.

I am not even confident that a heavyweight has a better chance of KO'ing Jon Jones than Johnny Walker or Thiago Santos.

Heavyweights are slow and cannot fight at Jon Jones' pace. Also, according to Fight Matrix 50% of HW fights end in a KO, and 43% of LHW fights end up in KOs. The question is, are these percentages statistically significant? I don't know.

Exactly. That KO power comes with drawbacks that take away much more than their getting. Also Jones will have more power too. People also pretend Jones's reach and height advantage are nullified at HW but first LHW's are basically as large as HW's now and the fact his opponents are slower means he needs it less. DC the HW champ was Jones's shortest title opponent with the shortest reach. Yet a slower and older DC than the one he beat twice is the one they want to see him fight a third time.

Would rather see Jones v Santos than Jones v any HW. Walker has an exciting style but the dude has not proven himself yet. Took Jones 7 UFC fights to get him to the title and even then he was in as a replacement and probably needed 8. I know the divisions worse and no way Walker's getting 7 fights without a title shot but how bout 5 or 6?

shout out to vera for beating this 45 year old UNIT though

1510038824sekine.jpeg

I'm in awe of the size of that lad.

Jones would be an absolute murderer at HW. You would be taking one of the most well rounded fighters in the UFC whose only weakness is he doesn't have K.O. power in his hands, and adding 20 pounds of muscle on his frame. Jones might at that point possess knockout power and it wouldn't even be fair if you consider all his other talents.

I'm talking about cementing himself as the GOAT. If HW is so much easier like you say Jones would have gone their by now. Even he acknowledges it's a whole different animal there. Fedor gave 2 fucks about weight and fought monsters at HW and stayed undefeated for a decade. If Jones wants to be GOAT in everyones eyes he should take out the top HW's and do so without pulsing and popping every other fight.
There is no such a thing as "cementing himself as the GOAT." People will always debate who is the GOAT and who isn't. It gets even more complicated in a sport with different weight-classes. All he can ever be is a GOAT contender, and that legacy is already cemented.

I didn't say "heavyweight is so much easier." You are calling LHW cans, and I am saying that the same thing can be said about the heavyweight division.

I don't rate Fedor. As far as I am concerned, he played a different sport, so I can't compare him to athletes in UFC MMA.

Its not even the kick to the face that got me. Everyone shows the highlight head kick but DC was still conscious after that. What gets me is the violence that ensued after the head kick. Bones tracked DC across the Octagon and then beat the everloving shit out of him. I'm convinced DC lost I.Q. points permanently.
Agreed.

The best move of that sequence was the little footsweep

steroids, so irrelevant. worse, with the complicity of the organisation he fights for.
JJ will always have an* after his wins and won't stay in MMA history except for "too bad we don't really know how good he was"

I'm not sure that's accurate, might just be wishful thinking on your part. There was an ESPN poll or something similar recently where Jones was voted #1 GOAT over Fedor, GSP, and Anderson. Even here on Sherdog, amidst a PED scandal, Jones still has over 400 votes in the GOAT poll. If Jones continues to win title fights, there is no way he doesn't go down as the greatest.

had absolutely no idea vera was the champ over there, ONE's HW division must fuckin blow ass hahahahaha.

I have been watching the sport for a long time, and vividly remember when he was this hyped up dude in the UFC. Obviously he never came close to living up to that. I seriously had no clue he was still competing. I honestly thought he retired years ago and was running a gym somewhere.

steroids, so irrelevant. worse, with the complicity of the organisation he fights for.
JJ will always have an* after his wins and won't stay in MMA history except for "too bad we don't really know how good he was"

Actually from what I see he has regained all of the momentum that he lost. So if he completely screws up again then yes. Otherwise no he is back. And his legacy is back.

Back