Jon Jones has finally been tested; expect suspension soon.

If Lesnar signed a one fight contract, he would've been removed from the testing pool by default.

I doubt he was on a 1 fight contract even if he only intended to fight once. I might be mistaken and I really don't care enough to Google but I thought he removed himself from testing as USADA will continue to test unless you retire

Part of USADA's testing protocol is getting tips if fighters are juicing and even guys that look suspect. It's funny that Jones hasn't been tested since November 2017, posts a video looking huge and....knock knock.

It's still shameful how a guy like Rashad Evans has never failed a USADA test and has been tested 13 times this year but Jones, who has 2 suspensions and a variety of other infractions on top of currently being suspended is just now being tested for the first time in 9 months.

Last edited:
How do we know he removed himself? I thought they were required to do it..

You may be right. I thought you could continue to be tested during the process though so your punishment is retroactive. Brock removing himself is the reason he's just now serving his suspension. But again I'm unsure and I thought in the case of Jon and brock they voluntarily removed themselves

9+ months between tests.
fM9n1Gt.gif
For everybody all amped up in here about him not being tested all this time, it likely comes down to one factor. Why test a man continuously who’s likely facing a 4 year suspension? They’re not worried about him at this point because he’s going to be on a lengthy hiatus from MMA my friends.

That or they’re corrupt as fuck and jones is coming back and somebody’s been paid off.

For everybody all amped up in here about him not being tested all this time, it likely comes down to one factor. Why test a man continuously who’s likely facing a 4 year suspension? They’re not worried about him at this point because he’s going to be on a lengthy hiatus from MMA my friends.

That or they’re corrupt as fuck and jones is coming back and somebody’s been paid off.

If he's getting a 3-4 year suspension then I agree with you.

But if it comes out that he's eligible later this year but only got tested once since last November then USADA is no.1 boolshit.

You may be right. I thought you could continue to be tested during the process though so your punishment is retroactive. Brock removing himself is the reason he's just now serving his suspension. But again I'm unsure and I thought in the case of Jon and brock they voluntarily removed themselves

GSP was not ever in it until he announced his comeback..
Brock did retire so he was out of it, now announced a return and is back in..
Jones was not suspended or retired, but just not tested.. Feels random..

It's still shameful how a guy like Rashad Evans has never failed a USADA test and has been tested 13 times this year but Jones, who has 2 suspensions and a variety of other infractions on top of currently being suspended is just now being tested for the first time in 9 months.
I think it's good practice to test fighters more when they birth memes

Stay Ready Jon Jones
tenor.gif

Are they allowed to do that without punishment? I thought you had to provide whereabouts and agree to all tests..
A suspended fighter can remove him/herself from the testing pool, but their suspension won't begin until they're in the testing pool. So Jones could remove himself for four years, but his suspension won't be completed until he's tested for four years. The punishment for a suspended fighter removing oneself is essentially a longer suspension, make sense?

I doubt he was on a 1 fight contract even if he only intended to fight once. I might be mistaken and I really don't care enough to Google but I thought he removed himself from testing as USADA will continue to test unless you retire
Given that he was employed by the WWE before and after his UFC fight, he may very well have signed a one fight deal. I'll look it up later (got to run an errand).

He's not getting 4 years for tainted supplement. This is like MLB suspending a starting pitcher for 7 games. Sounds like they're missing 7 games but pitchers only pitch once every 5 games or so. They miss 1 start. Anderson getting a retroactive 1 year suspension was like MAYBE missing 1 fight, barely any penalty at all. If Jones gets the tainted supplement excuse, he's going to get 2 years maximum, which equates to missing 1 fight retroactively..

In order to claim a tainted supplement, you actually have to produce a supplement you declared and took that was tainted. Jon has not done that. Nor will he likely be able to since he did not bother to declare most of the supplements he was taking.

According to USADA, time served for suspensions counts for as long an athlete remains in the testing pool. If Jones removed himself since he got flagged, his suspension won't be retroactive.

We don't know if he removed himself or not.
Got it.
Had be not being tested,it would be weird then.

I suppose contractually he can't just go to RIZIN, right?

He's not coming back any time soon.

AC's are more strict than US courts.

Celebrity won't cut him any slack.

When someone pops, they get the full extent. Very rare that they don't.

if celebrity would do anything it be over with already.

see jon in 2021

He's not getting 4 years for tainted supplement. This is like MLB suspending a starting pitcher for 7 games. Sounds like they're missing 7 games but pitchers only pitch once every 5 games or so. They miss 1 start. Anderson getting a retroactive 1 year suspension was like MAYBE missing 1 fight, barely any penalty at all. If Jones gets the tainted supplement excuse, he's going to get 2 years maximum, which equates to missing 1 fight retroactively..

as a repeat ped offended u ment to say 4 years.

It would be a small miracle if the hijinx from his last missed test don't give him 2 - 4 years. If he pops another one I don't know where they go from there. Jones may as well fight in Bellator's over seas promotionz.

to bad the ufc not stupid enough to release him.

Back