Jon Jones has a kid with another woman than his fianc

No not necessarily. Being a true Christian means that you're supernaturally transformed by the understanding that Jesus Christ died for your sinful nature so that even though you die for your sins, you are still guaranteed eternity with the Lord. Your spirit is literally reborn meaning that it becomes harder for you to sin and it definitely makes it harder to live a sinful life where you keep repeating the same sins. Too many " Christians" enjoy the thought of being saved and think they can go on living the same life but that just means they're not true Christians. Christians will sin to be sure after being saved but to live in sin (like Jon jones most certainly does) is in direct opposition to Christianity.

LOL You gave away your sermon's message near the end with the "but to live in sin (Like Jones certainly does)...". You guys all sound like little girls talking about the Kardashians. I dont profess to know Jon Jones. He's not my friend. I don't know any fighters on a personal level. I'm amazed at how many of you think you do.

I'm agnostic but I admire people who have faith in an afterlife. It doesn't mean I agree with them but I don't bash them for it either. People do the best they can and that includes christians. Some toe the line better than others but the way you haters act on here you'd think Jones was a serial killer, a pedophile, a rapist and also went around shooting people's pets in his spare time.

Being a Christian is based on faith, not works. Do you ideally want to have Christ-like behaviour? Yes. Will you? Not always. No one is perfect. With that being said, Christians are to console other Christians when they are out of line. Jones either did not get this or he chose to ignore it, as most people do with advice (as their egos get in their way).

I admit I didn't make it very well, but my point is there has to be some way to separate being Christian from simply calling oneself a Christian.

The more sperm he tosses around the better. Populate the world with a bunch of genetic freak children.

Being a Christian is based on faith, not works. Do you ideally want to have Christ-like behaviour? Yes. Will you? Not always. No one is perfect. With that being said, Christians are to console other Christians when they are out of line. Jones either did not get this or he chose to ignore it, as most people do with advice (as their egos get in their way).
Many groups argue over the faith vs works thing but it's quite simple. If you have nothing but good works ( let's say an atheist does great deeds) but don't accept Christ and acknowledge what God's has offered you then your works are simply works. Nothing more and nothing less. If you have faith in christ then there will automatically be proof in your works. I believe the book of James speaks a lot on this ... " you will know me by their fruit". True faith bears great fruit. You cannot have faith in Christ and not act on it.

Another issue is judging. Ppl are quick to say , " only God can judge me" or we're not supposed to judge other Christians. The bible clearly says we are indeed supposed to judge each other and resolve conflicts using a system where we bring issues up with each other and are real and honest in pointing out the things that are hurting us. Ppl think judging means condemning or casting out justice...we make judgments on what to eat, wear , say, etc we make judgments based off of information and ideally off of what God would want for us .

Her current boyfriend had to feel something like this when he found Jon Jones was the pappy.

Like the way you put this.

I see what you did there! :D

I was going to write something along the lines of "White trash problems", but Jones is explosive and athletic so I can't

2gt3g5v_jpg.gif

As the gif shows, he's not very explosive or athletic, but still. Great post man.

Dude ends hit leap with a heel click

Ever heard of famous TV evangelist Jimmy Swaggert and his whore cravings; tore apart his million dollar ministry. Being christian only means you're familiar with the bible a practicing christian is applying the bible to their lives .

Iron Maiden even did a song about the thing

Jimmy Reptile and all his friends
Say they going to be with you at the end
Burning records, burning books
Holy soldiers, Nazi looks
Crocodile smiles just wait a while
Till the TV Queen gets her make-up clean
I've lived in filth, I've lived in sin
And I still smell cleaner than the s**t you're in

You guys are starting to get disgusting, really.Before it was just funny now it's quite revolting.

I admit I didn't make it very well, but my point is there has to be some way to separate being Christian from simply calling oneself a Christian.

Being a Christian means you've been baptized or you simply believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Believing in the teachings doesn't mean you never make mistakes or fall down. Like I said, you guys seem to confuse being Christian with living like a monk in a monastery. I'm sure even those guys slip up sometimes.

Many groups argue over the faith vs works thing but it's quite simple. If you have nothing but good works ( let's say an atheist does great deeds) but don't accept Christ and acknowledge what God's has offered you then your works are simply works. Nothing more and nothing less. If you have faith in christ then there will automatically be proof in your works. I believe the book of James speaks a lot on this ... " you will know me by their fruit". True faith bears great fruit. You cannot have faith in Christ and not act on it.

Another issue is judging. Ppl are quick to say , " only God can judge me" or we're not supposed to judge other Christians. The bible clearly says we are indeed supposed to judge each other and resolve conflicts using a system where we bring issues up with each other and are real and honest in pointing out the things that are hurting us. Ppl think judging means condemning or casting out justice...we make judgments on what to eat, wear , say, etc we make judgments based off of information and ideally off of what God would want for us .

Dang, two sherdoggers who have actually opened up the Good Book and know what they're talking about. I can dig it! :cool:

Sherdog has reached an all time low.

Back