Jon Jones Got Mauled

Penn vs Edgar I was similar to this fight in how close it was imo and the judges blew it with penn losing and I think they got it right with Jones winning, mostly because you shouldn't be able to squeak by a razor thin decision to be champion, you need to decisively win the fight imo

People are being such drama queens about this.

Are you talking about the people calling it a robbery? If so, I agree.

If you're talking about the people explaining how MMA is scored to the many people who doesn't seem to understand it, not so much.

this myth is spreading gus saved himself not thre bell

He definitely wasn't saved by the bell, and I don't think he was going to get finished in the next 30 seconds.

but this -
bones-spinning-slbow.gif

And the following 20 seconds were still the most significant action in the round by far, and the most damage. Without this Gus wins 48-47. He just didn't do enough early in the round to cancel out the elbow and the barrage against the fence

People acting like he wasn't even dazed are simply in denial though. Why would he backpedal and just stand against the fence eating knees and elbows if he was fine?

He definitely wasn't saved by the bell, and I don't think he was going to get finished in the next 30 seconds.

but this -
bones-spinning-slbow.gif

And the following 20 seconds were still the most significant action in the round by far, and the most damage. Without this Gus wins 48-47. He just didn't do enough early in the round to cancel out the elbow and the barrage against the fence

People acting like he wasn't even dazed are simply in denial though. Why would he backpedal and just stand against the fence eating knees and elbows if he was fine?

This. Alex has a great chin but he was obviously hurt

Gus won the fight ,

UFC should be ashamed giving there poster boy the win .

Gus did Beat up Jon jones over five rounds Jones had his moments but did look lost at times just coming forward .

Anderson Silva is clearly better than Jones I have never seen Silva tired and lost out there in the heat of battle

If ts is right how come it was plainly obvious that the last two bells saved gus. Jones accumulated a lot of damage but gus was the guy that wasnt going to walk out of there had those bells not sounded.

Gus won the fight ,

UFC should be ashamed giving there poster boy the win .

Gus did Beat up Jon jones over five rounds Jones had his moments but did look lost at times just coming forward .

Anderson Silva is clearly better than Jones I have never seen Silva tired and lost out there in the heat of battle

Not sure if serious. If serious...... lol

Gus greatest moment = scoring a takedown which he couldnt secure.

Jones greatest moment = having the iron chinned gus out on his feet

ur an idiot gus saved himself not the bell u just raped ur credibility

He was not out on his feet by any means. In fact he still had enough coordination and legs under him to back-up all the way to the other side of the cage. He was stunned and that is it. It drives me nuts when people assume that Jones would have finished him were it not for the bell. How many times have we seen a fighter take a heavy shot that actually sent him to the ground and yet he was still able to stand back up and re-gather himself? Gus did not even go down and people want to jump to the immediate concussion that he was on his way out?

[Y[/YT]
For those that didn't see the fight last night, here's what happened:

Gus picked Jones apart and systematically beat him down. Jones hung in there quite well and even landed a few flush strikes of his own which Gus shook off. Jones rocked him for a few seconds in the fourth round, but Gus recovered pretty quickly.

Jones tried over and over again to take Gus down and failed each time until the 5th, when he finally landed a takedown. Gus popped back up pretty quickly and Jones was unable to do anything with the takedown.

Gus did far more damage to Jones throughout the entire fight, outlanded him with strikes by a huge margin, and completed a higher percentage of takedown attempts.

When all was said and done, Jones looked like a mess and wandered around like he had been beaten stupid. The judges gave the decision to Jones in the worst robbery since Shogun/Machida I.

Actually, this was worse than Shogun's robbery because Jones was beat down a lot worse than Machida was.

And that's the fight in a nutshell.

http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0

Yeah, this about sums up how I feel about your fairy tale.

jones 2,4.and 5

how was he systematically picked apart if he was the only one who came close to finishing and did it more then once?

hi, i dont like to post alot here, but read more, but i just finished to watch the fight right now and what i saw was gus winning 1-3 and jones 2-5
the the 4

We get it. You bet your rent money on the fight and are bent that you are now homeless!

Time for life under a bridge!

Couldn't secure?

He had Jones flat on his back. He didn't control for long but the TD was completed. Gus also landed a lot of good punches. I know the Jones haters are upset and some are delusional and annoying, but some of the JJ fanatics are even worse. There is no denying Jones had a very very close call last night

For those that didn't see the fight last night, here's what happened:

Gus picked Jones apart and systematically beat him down. Jones hung in there quite well and even landed a few flush strikes of his own which Gus shook off. Jones rocked him for a few seconds in the fourth round, but Gus recovered pretty quickly.

Jones tried over and over again to take Gus down and failed each time until the 5th, when he finally landed a takedown. Gus popped back up pretty quickly and Jones was unable to do anything with the takedown.

Gus did far more damage to Jones throughout the entire fight, outlanded him with strikes by a huge margin, and completed a higher percentage of takedown attempts.

When all was said and done, Jones looked like a mess and wandered around like he had been beaten stupid. The judges gave the decision to Jones in the worst robbery since Shogun/Machida I.

Actually, this was worse than Shogun's robbery because Jones was beat down a lot worse than Machida was.

And that's the fight in a nutshell.

"And STILL...."

I'm loving your tears. Keep it coming.

Back