Jon Jones Got Mauled

The fight could have been 48-47 to either guy or a draw. I think Gus won rounds 1 and 2 - Jones won rounds 4 and 5 - round 3 was a toss up IMO.

Close fight, could've gone either way, but I wanted to see Gus win. He'll take it next time!

TS is why mma fans get a bad rap. Instead of celebrating two amazing fighters performing at amazingly high levels and putting on one of the best fights in years, TS is just stomping his feet like a fucking three year old and belly-aching.

Jesus Christ, you're delusional. If that was a beatdown then Jones/Shogun was a sanctioned murder. The fight was exceedingly close with Gustafsson landing far more punches, Jones more kicks, and Jones being the only one to get close to ending the fight. They both had lacerations and swelling but Gustafsson was nearly KOed once and Jones was never visibly hurt by any shot that was landed. At least in Machida/Shogun I Shogun actually landed more shots AND the more damaging shots. It was a good fight, give props to both guys for coming in and fighting to the final bell like true warriors and quit trying to manufacture controversy for a fight that should be unanimously praised.

Hus didnt land " far more punches" he did land more punches at all Jones landed more strike every where. check the stats buddy.

Hmmmm, how long until there's a thread titled "Gustafsson got boned?"?

^ I LOL'd a bit too much right there

but seriously TS after finally watching the fight this morning, it looked alot more even than you're saying. Gus did good in the striking and takedown and TDD department.. but Jones did some more than just hang on there. He outlasted Gus in the 4th&5th round. It was a great, close, and entertaining fight.

Jesus Christ, you're delusional. If that was a beatdown then Jones/Shogun was a sanctioned murder. The fight was exceedingly close with Gustafsson landing far more punches, Jones more kicks, and Jones being the only one to get close to ending the fight. They both had lacerations and swelling but Gustafsson was nearly KOed once and Jones was never visibly hurt by any shot that was landed. At least in Machida/Shogun I Shogun actually landed more shots AND the more damaging shots. It was a good fight, give props to both guys for coming in and fighting to the final bell like true warriors and quit trying to manufacture controversy for a fight that should be unanimously praised.

Tremendous post. When did you gain the ability to read peoples minds?

TS is why mma fans get a bad rap. Instead of celebrating two amazing fighters performing at amazingly high levels and putting on one of the best fights in years, TS is just stomping his feet like a fucking three year old and belly-aching.

Internal hatred for jones is the reason behind posts like that. They seen what they wanted to see. The fight was close. Nobody got beat down. If it was such an assbeating then jones would have been laid out. He wasn't,because it wasn't a one sided domination.

If fedor would have fought last night and had the same outcome I'm sure sherdog wouldn't be flooded with fedor got his ass whipped threads. I've seen fedors face look much worse after fights he obviously won.A high percentage of jones and silva haters are old fedor fans looking for something to bitch about.

Jones looked up on the clock on the fourth round with 30 odd seconds to go to try to steal the round which he was quiet handily losing until that point. To say jones had a dominant 4th round is nonsense.

Jones looked up on the clock on the fourth round with 30 odd seconds to go to try to steal the round which he was quiet handily losing until that point. To say jones had a dominant 4th round is nonsense.

I love how you know what other humans are thinking at the time by watching them on tv. You should get a higher paying job that utilizes this talent. Fortune teller maybe?

If the performances had been reversed the TS would have posted that jones dominated and clearly won.

no jones didnt get mauled lol. had a hard time, but not to the extent of being mauled

I have to say I would not want the belt to change hands on the back of that fight.

I am hopeful that Gustafson makes the changes he needs to make to take the next one. I think that if JJ/Gus happens again Gus takes it. Jones isn't getting any better wrestling, striking fundamentals, strength at 205, footwork, in the next year or two to swing the difference. All ("all" is not the right wording in a fight against JJ perhaps) Gustafson has to do is make some changes to his approach, fix his attention to the spinning attacks, conditioning (I don't think his conditioning is bad - I think next time he knows not to fear Jones, and will not expend so much energy the first two rounds evading, staying out of reach - the energy would be better spent taking JJ down, perhaps.) etc.

I have to say I would not want the belt to change hands on the back of that fight.

I am hopeful that Gustafson makes the changes he needs to make to take the next one. I think that if JJ/Gus happens again Gus takes it. Jones isn't getting any better wrestling, striking fundamentals, strength at 205, footwork, in the next year or two to swing the difference. All ("all" is not the right wording in a fight against JJ perhaps) Gustafson has to do is make some changes to his approach, fix his attention to the spinning attacks, conditioning (I don't think his conditioning is bad - I think next time he knows not to fear Jones, and will not expend so much energy the first two rounds evading, staying out of reach - the energy would be better spent taking JJ down, perhaps.) etc.

And I wouldn't want someone who lost the fight to retain their belt. Jones lost clearly and fairly. This fight scoring was a joke, you can't take it seriously anymore.

Well, 80% of round 4 was all Gustafsson. Only the last 20% went to Jones

Less than 20%. It was the last like 40 seconds or less.

But it was enough. I don't understand how anyone can think that was Gus's round when he got clearly hurt badly.

He won the first 4+ minutes by a narrow margin without doing much damage. Then he got damaged badly. Damage should matter more than time on the clock IMO. That elbow and follow up barrage was the difference in the fight.

But it was enough. I don't understand how anyone can think that was Gus's round when he got clearly hurt badly.

He won the first 4+ minutes by a narrow margin without doing much damage. Then he got damaged badly. Damage should matter more than time on the clock IMO. That elbow and follow up barrage was the difference in the fight.

Yep, Jones' strikes at the end of Round 4 were the most significant of any in the fight. You win close rounds when you hurt guys like that.

Oh stop it...he wasn't hurt badly. He wasn't even knocked down or wobbled, and the exchange ended with him shoving Jones down. People are being such drama queens about this.

Hus didnt land " far more punches" he did land more punches at all Jones landed more strike every where. check the stats buddy.

i rewatched the fight 3 x now , reinforced in my mind 3 2 gus , i could sit down with ya and watch this fight while debunking this myth of the strikes told ya man compu strike fight metric is stupid . i also realized they tried to stop the fight , jones has heart tho

Oh stop it...he wasn't hurt badly. He wasn't even knocked down or wobbled, and the exchange ended with him shoving Jones down. People are being such drama queens about this.

this myth is spreading gus saved himself not thre bell

Back