Media Jon Jones: Fighting Israel Adesanya, Jan Blachowicz "does nothing for my legacy"

I don’t really disagree with him. Izzy isn’t an Anderson Silva. Jan is another win but so what? I’d rather see Izzy beat Whittaker one more time, really cement his MW status, then move up, and watch Glover face Jan. Glover has earned it and Jan is as green a champ as they come, he’s no super fight for anyone.

He's talking the talk...Let's see what he can do up there.

Adesanya talks about eventually going to HW, too. And that guy I actually believe. He's willing to move up to LHW.

But I don't think Jones or Izzy will beat Stipe, who's getting underrated here again.

Izzy is skinny, dunno how long is gonna take for him to pack on 50 pounds

Johnny boy is solely focused on becoming a two-division champion.

Full story here: https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/11...plGjE7PR4wd-5tcS7q7vo9VVOkhWT63OIXsTTxpXZv_Dc

Jones has been teasing a movie to Heavyweight since 2012.

There's also the things he's been saying the last three years to consider:
Jul 2017
“I feel like Stipe is relatively unknown to the general public. It wouldn’t even be a real superfight in my opinion. I think a lot of MMA fans would be super excited about, but the general public wouldn’t care about that fight,” explained “Bones.”
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/7/30/...nknown-stipe-miocic-wouldnt-be-superfight-mma
Dec 2018
“Nah, no,” Jones said matter-of-factly when asked about the potential matchup. “He looks good at heavyweight. He’s designed to be a heavyweight. He’s comfortable there. He naturally goes to heavyweight between every fight. That is his spot, and like I said, he makes a great heavyweight champion. Even before fighting me, he was on a tear at heavyweight. That’s his zone. I have no reason to challenge him at heavyweight, because for me it’s not personal."
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...-daniel-cormier-at-heavyweight-thats-his-zone
May 2019
“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who technically on your level, to give him a size advantage, I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that but that’s just me being a realist and being respectful to Daniel’s abilities.”
https://www.mmanews.com/jon-jones-r...ng-up-to-heavyweight-to-fight-daniel-cormier/
Funny how after Cormier lost and retired, Jones was a lot more enthusiastic about "moving to Heavyweight".

Until a contract is actually signed, I'm not buying into anything Jones says.

I mean he's right. Jones taking Izzy down and finishing with GnP wouldn't rank him or seal his legacy. Izzy would just be considered undersized and stay at MW. Although if Izzy beats Jan and Jones beats Stipe, then beating Izzy would be more interesting. If Jones finished out Stipe, Izzy, and Ngannou he would be a GOAT no one could pass.

all those roids don't do nothing for your legacy either.

He will end up boxing Mike Tyson

I have to agree with him. The same guys acting llike he is ducking will belittle his win if he does fight either guy. Especially Izzy since he will become just a MW again.

It's HW or nothing if he wants to increase his legacy. But it might be too late since he already seems to be slowing down. Ngannou would be really tough for him stylewise.
How does a W over Izzy not look good on his resume? He's an absolute phenom, a world champion in Jones's neighbouring division. Not to mention the pay day. That's like Eddie Alvares saying a win over McGregor meant nothing to him. Jones is handpicking opponents at this point. I think he believes he can best Stipe and that's the fight he wants. That or someone like Arlovski.

Fighting Adesanya does everything for your banking account ! <GinJuice>

Its been written in the stars.

Jones wins the HW belt, Izzy wins the LHW belt.

Izzy fights Jones for the HW belt to win it all and become the three weight world champ. And GOAT. Izzy should retire then and there.

Then brock un retires beats Izzy for all the smoke

bork1}

That is not what I am saying, but it is a fact he only wanted to fight at LHW after JJ announced he wanted to go up to HW. Also, Stipe is a way more dangerous fight than Izzy. But as JJ rightfully says, beating Izzy barely helps his legacy. Like you said, Izzy is still pretty new at MMA

Israel has said for a while that he was going to gradually move up to LHW to face Jon Jones. He even admitted that he was new to MMA and will take a few years before he is ready to Jones at LHW. I was respond to you saying:

"Imo it's obvious Izzy doesnt want to fight Jones, but likes to troll him"

Based on Israel's short 2 years in the UFC, he has not avoided any fighter, and every time he talked big about fighting dangerous opponents in Whittaker, Romero and Costa, he's fought them all without hesitation. Not a single "warm up" or easy fight. So no, it is far from obvious that "Izzy doesn't want to fight Jones" as you said. I can almost guarantee you that he wants to fight Jones. And I'm 99% sure that if he wins the LHW belt and Jones comes back to LHW, Izzy will absolutely take that fight. You mentioned nothing about Jones' legacy in your post, you simply said Izzy didn't want to fight Jones.

"Bones Knows"

All else suckle the goat nips...

Gonna take sum wurk to even elevate to his level...

Its been written in the stars.

Jones wins the HW belt, Izzy wins the LHW belt.

Izzy fights Jones for the HW belt to win it all and become the three weight world champ. And GOAT. Izzy should retire then and there.
you looked to the same stars before the Conor vs. Khabib fight and looked what happened.

I mean he's right. Jones taking Izzy down and finishing with GnP wouldn't rank him or seal his legacy. Izzy would just be considered undersized and stay at MW. Although if Izzy beats Jan and Jones beats Stipe, then beating Izzy would be more interesting. If Jones finished out Stipe, Izzy, and Ngannou he would be a GOAT no one could pass.

Izzy beating Jan makes the fight more interesting for Jon, but I doubt he will take it. Especially if Jon beats Stipe or Francis and is HW champ. Jon and Izzy have gone at each other on social, one thing I know for certain is that Jon likes to be a step ahead and will not chase after Izzy. Jon will not go down to LHW and fight for a belt he defended 12x when he's HW champ. He's gonna make Izzy move up.

Back