Media Jon Jones: Fighting Israel Adesanya, Jan Blachowicz "does nothing for my legacy"

But going around pulsing does something for his legacy i suppose.

Lol Jon just saying anything to not give clout to Israel, he knows Isreal is easily the biggest fight for him outside Stipe/Ngannou.

He is right, the HW belt is what would elevate his legacy but I don't think he will fight Miocic.

He would probably weasel his way into a title fight when a weak ass champ wins the belt just like GSP did

Came here to post this.

Jon is not wrong on any account.

The way I'll remember jon is the exciting fighter who had a drug problem, doping problem, and alcohol problem. That's his legacy for me. I can't really call him champion because of the doping

Does anyone else agree?

jones gets it.

how many times can you clean out a division?

maybe its time to move up and test yourself. give the man some credit. he has balls

he has made plenty of $$.

at least he didn't quit and retire in the prime of his life before testing his skills.

He's 100% right. It's the HW crown that will fulfill his legacy

Let me ask you this and I mean this as no disrespect. In your mind Jones is irrelevant. He has no reputation. His legacy is an asterisk and all of his wins are tainted. He can't make this right. Did I get it all together in a fair synopsis? [...]
Hardly irrelevant. People want to see what he can do, clean.
Clearly, he has a reputation. It is one that doesn't match his narcissistic perspective.
His legacy indeed has an asterisk, his wins should be understood in context of PEDs. His last few wins should be understood though an unfair advantage of Jon Jones never earning his belt but still enjoying the Judging bias that every belt holder enjoys, when it comes to scoring.
He can't make the past right but he can always build a future. He has a lot of natural advantages, a solid base from college, a good gym, and room for growth considering the fact that he is rumored to not train much.

[...]Well let us proceed. If all of this is true in your mind then why are you still talking about him instead of letting him fade into obscurity, and why are you frothing at the mouth so hard for his next fight? It's perverse to think of you salivating like you got him right where you want him where you can enjoy his fights but not give him the credit. It just gets weird and kinda icky for lack of better terms. No disrespect brudda.

Do you realize that this is a discussion forum?

Its been written in the stars.

Jones wins the HW belt, Izzy wins the LHW belt.

Izzy fights Jones for the HW belt to win it all and become the three weight world champ. And GOAT. Izzy should retire then and there.
this is my dream Szenario

Turn this around. Jon moved up before Izzy did. Imo it's obvious Izzy doesnt want to fight Jones, but likes to troll him

Wait, are we talking about the Izzy who has been in the UFC for all of 2.5 years since 2018? The Izzy who has been MW champ for less than two years? (1 year, if not counting interim). The one who fought the dangerous Yoel Romero when he didn't need to, and then the clear #1 undefeated contender Costa? And now challenging for the LHW belt?

Oh yeah, Izzy has been a proven ducker. One of the worst! Always avoiding tough challenges!

Jon is right here, at this current moment getting the HW title and becoming 2 division champ would be bigger achievement for his legacy.

Down the line if Adesanya can become 2 division champ also, then a fight between champ-champs would be a legacy fight. That would be higher value match up compared to matching them up right now. Patience is a virtue.

Its been written in the stars.

Jones wins the HW belt, Izzy wins the LHW belt.

Izzy fights Jones for the HW belt to win it all and become the three weight world champ. And GOAT. Izzy should retire then and there.

giphy.gif

Jones is right. Very level headed of him to stay focused and not get sidetracked by some social media bullshit. He's the man to beat, and shouldn't chase anyone except for Stipe.

JBJ can talks all he wants about a HW fight, but he has been teasing it for years now so either do it or stfu really.

Jones is kinda right here though. He’d be heavily favored for Jan and if he beats Izzy he beats a smaller kickboxer.

But if he goes up a weight class and beats guys like Francis and Stipe after the LHW run he had that’s some legendary shit, even if it was tainted

Wait, are we talking about the Izzy who has been in the UFC for all of 2.5 years since 2018? The Izzy who has been MW champ for less than two years? (1 year, if not counting interim). The one who fought the dangerous Yoel Romero when he didn't need to, and then the clear #1 undefeated contender Costa? And now challenging for the LHW belt?

Oh yeah, Izzy has been a proven ducker. One of the worst! Always avoiding tough challenges!
That is not what I am saying, but it is a fact he only wanted to fight at LHW after JJ announced he wanted to go up to HW. Also, Stipe is a way more dangerous fight than Izzy. But as JJ rightfully says, beating Izzy barely helps his legacy. Like you said, Izzy is still pretty new at MMA

Back