Media Jon Jones: Fighting Israel Adesanya, Jan Blachowicz "does nothing for my legacy"

After his striking performance against Reyes, it's natural that he doesn't want that fight. Adesanya and Reyes are in different striking worlds, not even close.
And Stipe is a way better boxer than Reyes. Bones is fucked. Even if Francis takes the HW crown before Jones moves up i don't see Jones surviving long enough against Francis to get him tired.

Bones is going down. Only question is against who?

Put your Jones hatred aside for a second and admit that he's right.

There's only one belt he needs and that's HW.

Get the fight booked.

I completely agree that it's the HW belt that Jon Jones should be fighting for and that's the most important one by far.

However, I (and many Sherdoggers who are not his blind fans) have been saying this since 2018 after he dominated DC AND Gus in the rematches that they didn't even really deserve. It's fair to say that even in 2015, after he dominated DC and Gus losing to Rumble and DC, he should have been heading to HW five years ago.

So yes, the HW belt is the one he needs/needed, but why finally now when Israel (big money) is the first real legit threat in 5 years?

Last edited:
I think his legacy is based upon PDE usage and that he looked pretty average once accountability became a reality. Most of his recent wins only went to him because he was the Champion. They would have been losses in non-Title Defense fights.

Jon has a legacy of being a cheater. Jan and Izzy do everything for him. The HW division only serves as an easier place to escape to.

PEDless Jones is gonna get crushed at HW, and I would bet good amounts of money Izzy crushes him too at this point, and he knows that.

Go up, he's ducking LHW guys, stay at LHW, he's ducking HW. Can't win.

HW is where he needs to be.

Jones is just trying to duck everyone at this point, by claiming he's gonna move up.
Ducked Reyes who got ktfoed by Jan, now ducking Izzy.
And he isn't really serious about going up to HW, he just somehow hopes that a guy who is a favorable matchup for him beats Jan so he can come back to LHW and pretend all that shit has never existed.

Izzy would put on a CLINIC on him on the feet, and I don't think off-Peds Jones has what it takes to try to take him down for 5 rounds

I completely agree that it's the HW belt that Jon Jones should be fighting for and that's the most important one by far.

However, I (and many Sherdoggers who are not his blind fans) have been saying this since 2018 after he dominated DC AND Gus in the rematches that they didn't even really deserve. It's far to say that even in 2015, after he dominated DC and Gus losing to Rumble and DC, he should have been heading to HW five years ago.

So yes, the HW belt is the one he needs/needed, but why finally now when Israel (big money) is the first real legit threat in 5 years?

Turn this around. Jon moved up before Izzy did. Imo it's obvious Izzy doesnt want to fight Jones, but likes to troll him

Jones is just trying to duck everyone at this point, by claiming he's gonna move up.
Ducked Reyes who got ktfoed by Jan, now ducking Izzy.
And he isn't really serious about going up to HW, he just somehow hopes that a guy who is a favorable matchup for him beats Jan so he can come back to LHW and pretend all that shit has never existed.

Izzy would put on a CLINIC on him on the feet, and I don't think off-Peds Jones has what it takes to try to take him down for 5 rounds

Jan is as much as a favorable match up as you can give JJ. Izzy decided to move to LHW after jones went up to HW. So how is Jones ducking exactly?

I think his legacy is based upon PDE usage and that he looked pretty average once accountability became a reality. Most of his recent wins only went to him because he was the Champion. They would have been losses in non-Title Defense fights.

Jon has a legacy of being a cheater. Jan and Izzy do everything for him. The HW division only serves as an easier place to escape to.
Let me ask you this and I mean this as no disrespect. In your mind Jones is irrelevant. He has no reputation. His legacy is an asterisk and all of his wins are tainted. He can't make this right. Did I get it all together in a fair synopsis? Well let us proceed. If all of this is true in your mind then why are you still talking about him instead of letting him fade into obscurity, and why are you frothing at the mouth so hard for his next fight? It's perverse to think of you salivating like you got him right where you want him where you can enjoy his fights but not give him the credit. It just gets weird and kinda icky for lack of better terms. No disrespect brudda.

Put your Jones hatred aside for a second and admit that he's right.

There's only one belt he needs and that's HW.

Get the fight booked.
I hate Jones, but your post is on point. It would be a great fight to watch, and if he won it would pretty amazing.

That said I hate the guy.

Jones knows all too well that without the roids, he's getting smoked by either one of them, so he's running the fuck out away

Jan > Reyes > Jones. Facts.

And Izzy is just flat out better.

Its been written in the stars.

Jones wins the HW belt, Izzy wins the LHW belt.

Izzy fights Jones for the HW belt to win it all and become the three weight world champ. And GOAT. Izzy should retire then and there.

That would actually be amazing and isn't completely improbable. Unlikely, but possible.

It takes a lot to make Jon a sympathetic figure, but goddam. For years people have been pressuring him to move to HW as he had nothing left to prove at LHW. The minute he makes the decision to do so, everyone is pressuring him to move back down. WTF

Adesanya talks about eventually going to HW, too. And that guy I actually believe. He's willing to move up to LHW.

But I don't think Jones or Izzy will beat Stipe, who's getting underrated here again.

Back