Jon Jones' fighting career has emulated Ali's in many ways..

Ali missed a chunk of his prime because he was a conscientious objector.

Jones missed a chunk of his prime for PEDs and having DUIs with pregnant ladies

yeah but JJ doesnt have a jab or punch in combos
HandmadeTeemingDolphin-size_restricted.gif

If you think about it, Ali and I have a lot in common: We're both Americans, both carbon-based bipeds, and eat on a regular basis. I've also never lost to the fighters he's didn't lose to. We've both written short poems, and have been married. Both of us have made fun of Howard Cosell, though in my case he couldn't hear me. Ali and I are two peas in a pod!

<36>

Ali missed a chunk of his prime because he was a conscientious objector.

Jones missed a chunk of his prime for PEDs and having DUIs with pregnant ladies

The title and OP clearly said fighting career.. not lifestyle

Uh yeah okay. Other than being black and combat athletes they don't share much in common.

Oh please..

Both were talented young phenoms who completely outclassed established champions early in their careers.

Both fought 2 - 3 generations of the best fighters / champs in their division.

Both had long breaks from competing, despite being for different reasons.

Both were clearly the best in their eras.

Both were long, utilised range and had a somewhat individual / signature style of fighting.

Jon Jones would beat Ali 10/10 times any way he wants, he beats him with kicks, wrestling, hellbows, you name it. Hell he can even beat him off and Ali would do nothing about it.
Have to admit, this one made me chuckle.

I know Ali was a draft dodger, but Vietnam was no WWII. It was politically motivated and politicians put constraints on soldiers fighting at the behest of businesses for the normal graft fee. It was a filthy, dirty war, from a political and moral viewpoint. Now imagine, if Trump or Biden started a war (whoever you dislike more, depending on your leaning), and you could see it was done to serve his political agenda. It was causing much death and suffering. He starts a draft and wants to send you, figuring that your generation’s lives are a small price to pay to meet his political objectives. Would you go? I would not. As a 25 years veteran, I would say Hell no. My and my generations lives are not your political pawns. Kudos to Ali.

Back