Jon Jones' fighting career has emulated Ali's in many ways..

Jon Jones may be a lot of things, but he wasn't no stinkin' draft dodger.

I'm no fan of draft-dodgers, but we should be fair to Ali. He went to prison for refusing to serve when he could've easily fled the country, let himself be kept out of harm's way by being put in a non-combat unit, or probably worked out some other way to avoid military service. He went to the mat for his belief. I don't agree with him on it, but I respect him for it.

His behavior toward Joe Frazier was appalling, though.

Jon Jones may be a lot of things, but he wasn't no stinkin' draft dodger.

1793893.jpg

I always find it laughable, the imagery of bears and lions and eagles, being as the insecure macho tough guys who actually parrot that bullshit give zero fucks about wildlife, beyond their joy of shooting guns at it.

Jones needs to convert to Islam and go on a HW run for the next decade.

Jones did exactly what you describe Ali doing iwhile he was still ascendant. You're just cherry picking details to bash a fighter you don't like. Weak sauce!
Ali cleaned out the division absolutely destroying the murderer's row on their own territory and then went on exile and came back and started desolating entire division again during 70s doing at least 3-times as much while being a decade separated of his prime years (mid 60s).

Jones came early and destroyed division and then got stripped and was never the same after that looking like an absolute shit against supbar opposition.

If UFC HW and LHW divisions suddenly start pouring in talent never seen before and Jones destroys both divisions and defends both titles 15 times each then I will maybe see some parallels between the two.

Ali would have fought Francis multiple times by now and had bigger balls than athlete in history
There is no comparison
Jones is afraid to lose

Jones just needs to be indoctrinated into the cult of the NOI and promote racial segregation

Ali had more charisma and better athlete overall

Jon Jones would beat Ali 10/10 times any way he wants, he beats him with kicks, wrestling, hellbows, you name it. Hell he can even beat him off and Ali would do nothing about it.

I'm no fan of draft-dodgers, but we should be fair to Ali. He went to prison for refusing to serve when he could've easily fled the country, let himself be kept out of harm's way by being put in a non-combat unit, or probably worked out some other way to avoid military service. He went to the mat for his belief. I don't agree with him on it, but I respect him for it.

His behavior toward Joe Frazier was appalling, though.
Bruh I was joking.

I always find it laughable, the imagery of bears and lions and eagles, being as the insecure macho tough guys who actually parrot that bullshit give zero fucks about wildlife, beyond their joy of shooting guns at it.

You know what... I never thought of this.

Someone's been smoking something expensive.

<BC1>

They are basically the same guy.

If you think about it, Ali and I have a lot in common: We're both Americans, both carbon-based bipeds, and eat on a regular basis. I've also never lost to the fighters he's didn't lose to. We've both written short poems, and have been married. Both of us have made fun of Howard Cosell, though in my case he couldn't hear me. Ali and I are two peas in a pod!
do you also drink water everyday like Tito? if so then something crazy is going on <DCWhoa>

If you think about it, Ali and I have a lot in common: We're both Americans, both carbon-based bipeds, and eat on a regular basis. I've also never lost to the fighters he's didn't lose to. We've both written short poems, and have been married. Both of us have made fun of Howard Cosell, though in my case he couldn't hear me. Ali and I are two peas in a pod!
I'm joining that pod to make it three peas. It's totally awesome that we have such parallel lives!!

Ali cleaned out the division absolutely destroying the murderer's row on their own territory and then went on exile and came back and started desolating entire division again during 70s doing at least 3-times as much while being a decade separated of his prime years (mid 60s).

Jones came early and destroyed division and then got stripped and was never the same after that looking like an absolute shit against supbar opposition.

If UFC HW and LHW divisions suddenly start pouring in talent never seen before and Jones destroys both divisions and defends both titles 15 times each then I will maybe see some parallels between the two.
You say its subpar opposition. Reyes was undefeated IIRC. Santos was sleeping fools. Close fights yeah. Sub-par competition, sez who...You? LOL.

big-lebowski.gif

Back