Jon Jones felt big. The HW's did not. Getting it yet?

First retard steps in, takes 1 sentence out of context and that somehow refutes my post.

Jon Jones has skills, but they are hard to judge when he is also monsters everybody he faces physically.

Take 5" off his reach and 2" off his height, put 3" of reach and 1" of height on DC, and then see what happens.

If he beats him then, then we can call it skill.

But the reality is that all we know so far, is that the size disparity is too great to even open the skill discussion.

The only fight i give Jon Jones props for is his victory over Gustafsson

Pfft. Ridiculous. Yeah before every fight jon has to get portions of his bones shaved off and removed. Only then will it be even. Sure, he's got physical advantages, but so does Struve, and he doesnt utilize them. But discrediting someone's career wins over their physical stature is totally obsurd. Guess every one of Forrest Griffin's losses are gone since everyone he's lost to has been more athletic than him. Cro Cop's win over Wanderlei doesnt count either since he weighed more than he did.

Like him or not, Jon deserves credit for EVERY win he's gotten. It's a weight class, not a height/reach class. And do you consider any of Gustafson's wins as legit either? I mean he dwarfed Shogun, Vlad, Jared, etc. So his record isnt legit either according to you

Classic JJ fan response "Oh you just think that cuz u mad".

Don't you get tired of creating excuses for every opinion you don't like?

All you do is ignore discussion and attack character. It's the reason you were one of the highest voted for worst poster. Talking to you is a wrestling match nobody is interested in.

I was actually making an observation based on your posts in every. single. thread. involving Jones.

So Stefan Struve just doesn't realize his potential yet?

As soon as he does he will become the goat?
Are you saying Struve makes perfect use of his height and reach advantage...? Because if you do, I could teach you a thing or 2 about combat sports.

So Stefan Struve just doesn't realize his potential yet?

As soon as he does he will become the goat?

Perhaps struve wouldn't have made it to ufc at all, if not for his size. Think about that.

TS is over-valuing Jones' size and under-valuing his skill set.

Yes. He's big. We all know.

But FFS, size isn't everything. The guy is basically undefeated.

Many other fans, journalists, fighters and MMA experts believe him to be the best fighter alive, possibly ever.

I put their opinions far above the whiny Sherdogger who uses "physics" as a reason to discredit a fighter.

Stay ignorant.

John Jones doesnt have the prototypical body for a wrestler.

Most wrestlers have powerful legs.

The reason why Jones is effective is because of his skills. Hes a student of the game and makes a lot of things look easy.

When else have you seen a guy this lanky dominate the ground game and the clinch? You havent.

This is just like Anderson Silva, he does things so easy and people discredit him because they don't believe it's based off of skill.

Jon Jones is relentless, crafty and highly skilled. DC was doing great until he gassed. He came in there thinking he was going to manhandle Jones.

Jones was actually a legit wrestling talent.

He was scouted by Cael Sanderson and offered a full ride scholarship to Iowa State.

Yes, of course. I meant he did not outclass guys like DC in wrestling because of his supposedly insurmountable physical advantages. He was a good wrestler, there's no denying that.

Greco wrestlers are typically taller. The majority of medallists in freestyle wrestling [Which is more applicable to MMA] are under 6 feet.

They are taller, but not anything like Jones. Most top Greco guys Jones's weight and up are like 6-6'3, with exceptions both ways. There is no categorical advantage to his physique in wrestling. The guy's just a monster at MMA.

Why aren't all the top wrestlers in the word lanky and built like Jones if his physique is such a massive advantage in wrestling?

There could be many reasons for that, i could only guess to why that is

Possibly it's a culture thing, where the tall reachy guys don't even consider a wrestling career, because they are surrounded by a culture that says they aren't the type needed.

Or they might not get taken serious by trainers etc. left out of the loop, because trainers have a preferred body type to work with

But mainly, there is just a huge majority of normal sized people in the world.
Freaks like Jon Jones are 1 in a million.

It could be lots of things, i don't know

I was actually making an observation based on your posts in every. single. thread. involving Jones.

Because that's the important part of this discussion right?

Or was it because you want to ignore the things I said about your favourite fighter, and talk about this some more? Forget addressing if "DC really rag dolled JJ" lets talk about the people who disagree being haters.

Keep derailing and attacking. You're insecure and its obvious. It's not going to make anyone like your favourite fighter. Get over it. I'm not going to stop posting my thoughts on the fight.

First retard steps in, takes 1 sentence out of context and that somehow refutes my post.

Jon Jones has skills, but they are hard to judge when he is also monsters everybody he faces physically.

Take 5" off his reach and 2" off his height, put 3" of reach and 1" of height on DC, and then see what happens.

But the reality is that all we know so far, is that the size disparity is too great to even open the skill discussion.

The only fight i give Jon Jones props for is his victory over Gustafsson

Take 3 feet of Shaq and give me those 3 feet and I would dunk on him all day.

Am I doing it right?

Possibly it's a culture thing, where the tall reachy guys don't even consider a wrestling career, because they are surrounded by a culture that says they aren't the type needed.

Or they might not get taken serious by trainers etc. left out of the loop, because trainers have a preferred body type to work with

You can tell this guy's from Scandinavia. Lemme guess, you also think that all the differences between men and women are culturally based?

We have to start getting more shooting guards in mma it will be pure donination with their leverage. Michael Jordan would become the Michael Jordan of MMA😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭

No, you're just wrong. There have been some lanky guys like Jones who have been successful at wrestling at the top level. If this was some sort of categorical advantage over everyone else, everyone would know of it and coaches WOULD prefer to work with guys like that instead. Lanky wrestlers like Jones would rise to the top of the system naturally. They don't, because it isn't an advantage.

Take 3 feet of Shaq and give me those 3 feet and I would dunk on him all day.

Am I doing it right?

yup.

However, in NBA, EVERYONE recognizes Shaq's physical gift and dominance. No one ever said shaq is all skill and disregard his superb physical attributes.

TS I get what you saying but this Sherdog you need to break it down simply use the stuck nut theory. You're changing a tire and that one nut won't come loose you need more leverage to torque it loose, so you reach for a longer bar or something to give you the leverage required.

Jon standing in the clench will always have the advantage because of his leverage.

Soa has an 81 inch reach. Bigfoot 82. Mir 79. Barnett 78. All have huge reach advantages over Cormier & significant size advantages as well.

Leverage has advantages with regards to Greco wrestling i.e Above the waist. There is a reason the majority of freestyle wrestlers in the Olympic heavyweight division are under 6 foot. Length is a disadvantage. It's more difficult to maintain a centre of gravity. It's tougher to generate power with long levers in close quarters. You fold easier.

Cormier had a more ideal body type for close quarters fighting. Jon had the superior fight IQ and technique to allow his skills to overcome Comier's physical advantages.

TS I get what you saying but this Sherdog you need to break it down simply use the stuck nut theory. You're changing a tire and that one nut won't come loose you need more leverage to torque it loose, so you reach for a longer bar or something to give you the leverage required.

Jon standing in the clench will always have the advantage because of his leverage.

I get how simple machines work. Humans are not simple machines. Like boards and bricks, tires don't fight back. They don't adjust. Humans are not stationary objects. Plus you sacrifice distance for force, or vice versa. Nothing is free.

Lolz. This is some strong butthurt.

Back