Jon Jones - Fedor

Fedor had heart unlike Jones who wanted out of the hamill fight and disqualified himself with illegal strikes. That shows a lot about Jones character and his lack of heart. He also tried to stick and move vs rampage and that shows how insecure he is about his skills.

Never go full retard.

If you look at the level of competition, Jones's record is way better.

Mark Coleman contributes 2 of Fedor's best wins. Mark Coleman barely beat Stephen Bonnar, pretty much the worst guy Jones faced in the UFC.

OMG. I hate when people talk about Fedor like he's a legend or something. He just happened to go unbeaten for a long time the majority of it being in Pride and he truned down a huge contract to be in the UFC. He was good maybe great fighter but not a legend or GOAT like he make him out to be. It would be like calling Glover the GOAT for being unbeaten for a bunch of years and losing once you face any really good fighters.

Fedor shouldn't be in the same paragraph as a legend like Jones.

Typical fucking American retard.

Fedor had heart unlike Jones who wanted out of the hamill fight and disqualified himself with illegal strikes. That shows a lot about Jones character and his lack of heart. He also tried to stick and move vs rampage and that shows how insecure he is about his skills.

This post is proof that you can twist anything.

HW are my favorite as well just because it's hard to find a guy that doesn't hit like a semi. I am quite sad at how thin the current UFC HW division is now though :/

My least fav. Least skilled, sloppy and poor cario.

a loss is a loss. DQ is as legitimate a loss as a KO. If you can't follow the rules, dont step in the cage.

Stop.

He beat Hamill. There's no way he was going to lose that fight. The elbow didn't change anything. Stop.

Jones has only beaten the best of the best.

But wait, i thought guys like Fedor and Jones only remained undefeated because of their easier competition
Fedor lost to Kosakas of the world and is 1-3 in SF.
Fedor is the GOAT without a doubt, he did something beyond amazing, staying unbeaten for a decade, and Jones is in his way to become a legend. The only thing i would ask for Jones is that he moves up eventually if he falls in a comfort zone.

lol no.

Of course they're impressive. You'd have to be pretty delusional to think what Fedor or Jones did is easy to accomplish.

What did I write that makes me an American retard?

Perhaps because you're talking out of your ass? Fedor fought the best competition for most of his streak. Yes he fought some cans sprinkled in there too, just as he would have in the UFC. When he fought Nog, CC, Arlovski, Sylvia, etc.. they were ranked in the top 5 HW. It's not his fault he took their souls and they went to hell.

Of course they're impressive. You'd have to be pretty delusional to think what Fedor or Jones did is easy to accomplish.

Perhaps because you're talking out of your ass? Fedor fought the best competition for most of his streak. Yes he fought some cans sprinkled in there too, just as he would have in the UFC. When he fought Nog, CC, Arlovski, Sylvia, etc.. they were ranked in the top 5 HW. It's not his fault he took their souls and they went to hell.

All those guys went to the UFC to fight in a promotion where there were PED testing and more fair rules. Yeh Fedor beat Slyvia and Arlovski but those other fights were in Pride which hurts him a bit. He's also lost to Hendo who spends a lot of his time at MW,Werdum and Bigfoot. Listen Fedor is a great fighter and you can debate he's a top 5 HW but we're talking GOAT. Same goes for people talking about Wandy's streak since he couldn't adjust to the non steroid promotion with rules less advantous to strikers it didn't mean as much.

Both are amazing fighters. I like Fedor's personality but not Jones'. That is my problem with Jones, not his fighting ability, but his personality. Jones was one of my favorite fighters before I heard him speak.

You've gotta be kidding me lol?

So if Anderson lost because of a downward elbow it would've been the same reaction from everyone as the Weidman KO loss? No offence but are you fucking retarded? You would pretty much have to be if you can't see the difference between the consequences/impact of a DQ loss compared to a KO loss.

If Anderson lost via DQ he would still have no belt....shocking isnt it that fanboys perceptions have no bearing on Ws and LS.

All those guys went to the UFC to fight in a promotion where there were PED testing and more fair rules. Yeh Fedor beat Slyvia and Arlovski but those other fights were in Pride which hurts him a bit. He's also lost to Hendo who spends a lot of his time at MW,Werdum and Bigfoot. Listen Fedor is a great fighter and you can debate he's a top 5 HW but we're talking GOAT. Same goes for people talking about Wandy's streak since he couldn't adjust to the non steroid promotion with rules less advantous to strikers it didn't mean as much.

This is so delusional it's almost not worth responding to it. There is no debate he is a top 5 HW, he is the #1 HW of all time, no question. Wanderlei got KO'd in his last 2 Pride fights incase you forgot. Matt Hughes, Penn, Liddell, etc all started losing too. It had nothing to do with roids.

Fedor fought top comp every now and then, sprinkled throughout his career and did very well until Werdum. He beat 3 bums for every top 10 guy but he did still beat those top 10 guys.

Jones fought crappy fighters early on and has fought nothing but killers for his past 6 or 7 fights. As long as LHW doesn't become diluted, he'll continue on that path. Even Anderson had to fight Lutter and Leites.

You are an uneducated bitch.

lol calm down. Barring any career catastrophes, Jones will surpass Fedor, and likely within 3 years. Fedor's resume isn't what people make it out to be. Hell, Big Nog has a better resume at HW. We just consider Fedor better (and rightfully so, since he is) because he beat the fuck out of Nog twice.

This is so delusional it's almost not worth responding to it. There is no debate he is a top 5 HW, he is the #1 HW of all time, no question. Wanderlei got KO'd in his last 2 Pride fights incase you forgot. Matt Hughes, Penn, Liddell, etc all started losing too. It had nothing to do with roids.

Not saying it has to do with roids necessarily it's just we can't know for certain and it also has to do with the different rules and in Fedor's case not going to the UFC like all the other Pride stars to prove he could adjust. While some fighters like Cro Crop and Wandy couldn't many others did. Or you might be right and Fedor might be invincible but he never fought the best competition to find out.

In terms of all time HW greatness I have Cain, JDS, Carwin and Mir ahead of Fedor. IMO if Mir had fought Fedor while they were both dominating Mir would have won. I know most people are mystified by the baseless Fedor propaganda lots of people post here but you got to look behind it and see reality. Fedor was great and going unbeaten for that long's impressive but he lost to guys a GOAT shouldn't have lost to and refused a huge UFC salary to prove himself.

a loss is a loss. DQ is as legitimate a loss as a KO. If you can't follow the rules, dont step in the cage.

That's nice, but the DQ made no sense whatsoever. It deserved a warning at most. The curious thing was the ref asked Hammil if he could continue. Not sure how a deaf, blind (from blood in his eyes) man is going to answer that question. If Hammil couldn't continue it was because he was absolutely destroyed up until that point and the couple of illegal shots were immaterial to Hammil's physical state.

I really wanted Hammil to win that fight, which he did, but to call it a Jones loss like the Anderson loss we just witnessed is intellectually stunted. I don't think I've ever felt that bad for a fighter who was taking punishment before or since.

Back