Jon Jones - Fedor

Jones's record is already more impressive than Fedor's IMHO.

Jones deserves all of his praise because he's beaten so many elite fighters back-to-back.

I always root against him, but you can't deny how impressive that is.

Fedor is far more impressive (IMO) because he went undefeated for 10 years against much bigger fighters, and he beat elite fighters at their own game.

Interesting point. I don't think Jones will ever be as respected as Fedor because frankly I think Fedor could have been fighting at 205 but always fought bigger guys. well, unless of course Jones moves up right? :D Not a bad idea if he wants to be considered the best ever. Hell he could then even star in some Gillette commercials. "Jon Jones The best a man can get" :eek: Mind = Wrinkled lol

Jones deserves all of his praise because he's beaten so many elite fighters back-to-back.

I always root against him, but you can't deny how impressive that is.

Fedor is far more impressive (IMO) because he went undefeated for 10 years against much bigger fighters, and he beat elite fighters at their own game.

mega_bro_fist__by_xxwolftalonxx-d4nol9d.gif

OMG. I hate when people talk about Fedor like he's a legend or something. He just happened to go unbeaten for a long time the majority of it being in Pride and he truned down a huge contract to be in the UFC. He was good maybe great fighter but not a legend or GOAT like he make him out to be. It would be like calling Glover the GOAT for being unbeaten for a bunch of years and losing once you face any really good fighters.

Fedor shouldn't be in the same paragraph as a legend like Jones.

She what I am talking about folks? lol :icon_idea

Regardless of what organization he was in he is a legend. He did after all beat guys that were or now top contenders in the UFC when they were IN THEIR PRIME!

She what I am talking about folks? lol :icon_idea

Regardless of what organization he was in he is a legend. He did after all beat guys that were or now top contenders in the UFC when they were IN THEIR PRIME!

He's also been finished by fighters who are now top contenders in the UFC like Werdum and Bigfoot. These were some of his not so many fights in an organization which has non tainted results.

OMG. I hate when people talk about Fedor like he's a legend or something. He just happened to go unbeaten for a long time the majority of it being in Pride and he truned down a huge contract to be in the UFC. He was good maybe great fighter but not a legend or GOAT like he make him out to be. It would be like calling Glover the GOAT for being unbeaten for a bunch of years and losing once you face any really good fighters.

Fedor shouldn't be in the same paragraph as a legend like Jones.

lol, exposed.

Jones is a great fighter.........however, he is a huge dick face.

Fedor was a great fighter and an legitimately good dude. If he won he gave credit to the other fighter....if he lost he did the same thing.

Jones...if/when he loses he will make a ton of excuses.

Jones is no doubt a phenom. If you want to talk about the most impressive fighters in MMA history it probably comes down to 4 guys in no particular order

Bones
Fedor
A. Silva
GSP

All 4 of them are incredible fighters, more than incredible. Bones has a similar beginning to Fedor because both had one weird fight on their record where neither was beaten by the other fighter. Most top 5 competition probably goes to GSP. Longest win streak in the UFC goes to A. Silva. How do you decide which is the greatest? They all have done incredible things.

a loss is a loss. DQ is as legitimate a loss as a KO. If you can't follow the rules, dont step in the cage.

It's amazing how fast people can miss a point on Sherdog.

they are both incredible fighters from two different eras with completely different styles and personalities

Don't worry this is not a Jones vs Fedor thread..stay calm..chill..relax..its all good

I'm sure it has been brought up but I did a pre-search and couldn't really find anything, so here I go:

I am just curious what people think of Jones being 19 fights with no losses. (I know he lost to Hamill but come on). Fedor went 33 fights with no losses (Same with Jones lost a fight but not really, and also has a 1 no contest).

I guess my question is, both fighters get a lot of crap for various reasons. IE- Have not fought top competition. For me this is not an issue, your record is your record. This is more of a concern for me if they are not fighting top competition later in their career not earlier.

Even if you don't like Jones/Fedor, are you impressed? Do they deserve respect in your opinion? What do they have to do to get it. If Jones goes the next 14 fights to tie Fedor before his first loss will you respect him then?

I think in this day and age being 19 pro fights in with no legitimate losses is damn impressive. But, not the biggest Jones fan because of his personality, but does not lose any of my respect as a fighter.

Anyway im done blabbling on, I don't even know what I am typing anymore :) Enjoy

My spider sense is telling me youre just justifying making a Jones v Fedor thread without actually making a Jones v Fedor thread.

Lets see if im right.

You are an uneducated bitch.

OMG I GOT ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS AND TOTALLY CUSSED AT THIS ONE GUY IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.

[/sherdog]

Hmmm wonder what theyre discussing.

Fun fact; Fedor is Jon Jones's favourite fighter.

a loss is a loss. DQ is as legitimate a loss as a KO. If you can't follow the rules, dont step in the cage.

You've gotta be kidding me lol?

So if Anderson lost because of a downward elbow it would've been the same reaction from everyone as the Weidman KO loss? No offence but are you fucking retarded? You would pretty much have to be if you can't see the difference between the consequences/impact of a DQ loss compared to a KO loss.

People don't think Jones fought top competition? Who are these people!

Of course both deserve respect. But this is the internet and people will hate on anything.

He did fight top comp obviously, except they were much smaller than him with far less reach. It'd be like Junior going down to LHW is annihilating everyone with ease (even though Junior is shorter with less reach than Jones!!)

He did fight top comp obviously, except they were much smaller than him with far less reach. It'd be like Junior going down to LHW is annihilating everyone with ease (even though Junior is shorter with less reach than Jones!!)

What great fighters did Junior fight outside of Cain

Crocop was way past his prime
Hunt was past his prime
Struve was not that good
Gonzaga was past his prime
Yvel is not worth mentioning
Mir was past his prime

Who did JDS beat, every elite he fought was past their prime outside of Cain.

Cain Valasquez is even shakier. He beat Junior and Big Foot and they are the only elite fighters Cain beat and everyone else was past their prime or mediocre.

The term past their prime makes for some funny threads and everyone can do it.

Last edited:
Back