[Jon Jones Fans] If it is proven through CIR tests...

I doubt anything will be "proven" but if thats the case then I will still be a fan.

I'll have to wait and see what "more than likely" means. Intermittent cocaine use does cause testosterone fluctuations in and of itself--particularly weekend-long binges--entirely independent of PEDs. I'll presume innocence if the fluctuation itself is the only evidence.

But it won't take much more to undermine my presumption--provided the source is several light years removed from the Sherdog Forum investigative journalism team.

Either way I'll still be a fan, but if he's guilty it will be seriously disappointing.

well, to my understanding a CIR test would determine whether the testosterone in his body, at the time of the test, was natural (produced by his own body) or artificial (came from an outside source). so, unless cocaine has artificial testosterone in it, obviously, he would have to have gotten that artificial testos. from somewhere else. no?

I'll watch every fight.

yeah, i'd assume most people would still watch his fights, but, would you or someone that would normally buy a t-shirt with Jon Bones Jones on it or a PPV because Jones is on it, still do said things, knowing he "cheated"? Would you still support him, financially and such?

Nothing is proven, it's not like he failed a drug test for PED:s, however, his low T levels and very strange T/E ratio is a very likely indicator that something is going on.

So you would not count Jones' wins but Wand is in the discussion for LHW GOAT? Is this a joke? Not only did he run from a test, he also had almost all of his good wins in Pride, where he was "in pretty good shape" all the time.

As for Jones, I don't know. I don't really care about PEDs, since most top athletes and most MMA fighters are on them. I knew he was fake but I never imagined him being that much of a douche. I'm not sure if I'm still a fan..

The caveat with Pride is that if the rumors are true and everyone was on them, then the disparity and resulting advantage is sort of nullified.

But despite the likelihood that a majority of fighters and elite athletes in general are on stuff, your reputation and legacy getting hacked away with PED scandals is just the nature of the beast. Top-level athletics is just a weird balance. I mean my god, look at college football. We want the best teams and best players and best TV ratings and we want to win so we get more money to pump into the team and the stadium and the coaches

yeah, i'd assume most people would still watch his fights, but, would you or someone that would normally buy a t-shirt with Jon Bones Jones on it or a PPV because Jones is on it, still do said things, knowing he "cheated"? Would you still support him, financially and such?

I pay for PPVs most of the time (unless ufc.tv is fucking up or something, or I'm watching it out somewhere). I wouldn't buy a stupid skull and crossbones or whatever t-shirt cos I'm not a pirate. Do most fighter "fans" buy t-shirts? Or is it just proclaiming yourself to be a fan and making fun of other fans who are not fans of the particular fighter?

I pay for PPVs most of the time (unless ufc.tv is fucking up or something, or I'm watching it out somewhere). I wouldn't buy a stupid skull and crossbones or whatever t-shirt cos I'm not a pirate. Do most fighter "fans" buy t-shirts? Or is it just proclaiming yourself to be a fan and making fun of other fans who are not fans of the particular fighter?

My girlfriend bought me the Minotauro tshirt one time, the one from the Cain fight, and framed it up for me for my office. It's somewhere in my attic now.

My little brother and I used to buy Shogun shirts for each events and wear them at our UFC parties and rewatch the 05 GP, but I'd personally never wear them in any other context.

I think some of the more plain stuff from Jaco and Hayabusa look alright, but I don't actually own any of it.

I'd be very disappointed, and conflicted. Ultimately one of the reasons I'm a Jones fan is because he's such a unique fighter. Nobody else fights like him, so I'd probably still enjoy watching his matches. But cheating is cheating.

I'm not a fan but if I was it wouldn't affect me one way or the other. As far as I'm concerned most of the top level fighters are on some kind of PEDs anyway. Messing up the cycle is just unprofessional, that's all.

Yep. Jones is just extra news worthy because of his hypocritical stance, eye pokes, ducking GUS which Dana helped him with. Now we know even with his height and reach advantage, he had one more.

Everyone gets a insta rematch in UFC, not jones when he just got beatup and robbed the belt.
damagecontrol.gif.gif.gif

I've always assumed that Jones was on something.

I'm the kind of person that has always assumed that most top fighters (and athletes in general) use or have used PEDs.

I wouldn't really call myself a Jones fan since I usually root for him to lose, but if he popped I wouldn't feel to differently about him. This goes for just about any fighter.

My girlfriend bought me the Minotauro tshirt one time, the one from the Cain fight, and framed it up for me for my office. It's somewhere in my attic now.

My little brother and I used to buy Shogun shirts for each events and wear them at our UFC parties and rewatch the 05 GP, but I'd personally never wear them in any other context.

I think some of the more plain stuff from Jaco and Hayabusa look alright, but I don't actually own any of it.

It makes sense. I see people wearing football team jerseys and stuff all the time. Just never had the urge to buy a fighter's memorabilia beyond a couple of charity things. Ah well.

I'd look at him differently. It would be hard not to.

The UFC will do anything and everything including bribery to try and cover up any champion's PED use whilst they are champ. I predict Jones will not be busted. If he is then the UFC has a giant problem on their hands. They'd have to strip him and suspend him for a year.

well, both Josh Barnett & Sean Sherk were stripped of their titles for PED use, weren't they?

I don't like Jon Jones, I'm not a fan. I don't like being lied to, I don't like people portraying a false narrative, I don't like hypocrites. His fake Christianity and personality that is 180 degrees out from what he professes already has my opinion of him fairly low. Him getting caught using PED's wouldn't lower that opinion.

I also would rather fighters be allowed to use PED's under doctor supervision as long as they declare the use and are off of the medication well before fight time. If you can use Vicodin to help alleviate the pain of a knee / tendon injury then why can't you use Deca to help rehabilitate that injury? The drugs are available via prescription and help speed recovery so why not use them?

Oh well. I live in a world where you get hammered on hard alcohol and it's okay as long as you don't drive but light up a joint and you can get arrested.

I'd look at him differently. It would be hard not to.

This. It's not like I would just completely blow (lol) it off like it's nothing. But I like guys who have been busted before, so that alone would not make me dislike the guy. If he does infact get busted, I hope it never happens again, and if he does not get busted for it, I hope his levels in the future don't indicate anything close to it again.

For example, I like Marquardt, Reem, Sherk, Siver, Leben.... the list goes on. The difference in Jon's case though obviously is that he's arguably the GOAT so it tarnishes his legacy a lot more than those other guys.

I doubt anything will be "proven" but if thats the case then I will still be a fan.

So essentially you're saying that even if things are proven you're going to basically go 'LA LA LA LA LA' and pretend he's done nothing wrong?

The caveat with Pride is that if the rumors are true and everyone was on them, then the disparity and resulting advantage is sort of nullified.

But despite the likelihood that a majority of fighters and elite athletes in general are on stuff, your reputation and legacy getting hacked away with PED scandals is just the nature of the beast. Top-level athletics is just a weird balance. I mean my god, look at college football. We want the best teams and best players and best TV ratings and we want to win so we get more money to pump into the team and the stadium and the coaches

Back