[Jon Jones Fans] If it is proven through CIR tests...

Yes he is still a human. He fucks up like the rest of us.

People who put sports stars on these impossible-to-live-up-to-standards need to stop living in la la land.

Did you stop liking Jordan because he had sex with every woman in Chicago while he was married?

That didn't give him an unfair advantage over his opponents on the court.

I'm sure some idiots will still love Jones, he is such a cool kid for using cocaine and possibly PEDs. He is on the edge brah.

Your sig man...

v9Mlqw.gif

Yes he is still a human. He fucks up like the rest of us.

People who put sports stars on these impossible-to-live-up-to-standards need to stop living in la la land.

Did you stop liking Jordan because he had sex with every woman in Chicago while he was married?

No now that's where things differentiate.

People only cared about Jordan because of his abilities.

You find out he cheats on his wife, well who cares that's his problem.

If you found out he was pumped full of EPO and has springs in his shoes, then his abilities all of a sudden no longer are as impressive. Your reason for caring he's alive in the first place is called seriously into question.

The ratios are already pretty damning. The only question left is whether there is at least a slither of doubt about his guilt.

Don't need to wait...those ratios and the ranges of levels over the 3 test results, in comparison to what is expected for an athlete of his caliber, make it obvious what happened. Today his legacy was tainted IMO.

Thats actually false. A low ratio can still come back clean after further testing. It's an indicator.

When it first broke I automatically thought of the Justin Gatlin case [Olympic 100m Gold Medallist] who has similar ratios and eventually got done for PEDs when the rest of the information came out.

In many cases it's a bad sign but it isn't a positive for PEDs [It's an indicator for further tests]. In all fairness there are other reasons for a low ratio - Especially in combat sports.

Probably not, I'm not really bothered by his cocaine use as I strongly doubt that he is an addict but just foolish. PEDs is a whole different ball game.

It would be the opposite. If there is never an answer everyone will still accept him as legit outside a small portion of hardcore fans.

I've gotta ask: When Reem was not being caught but had ridiculous test results, were was the small minority on the "He's clean and legit" or the "Given the evidence it's clear he used something" side?

If there's a lab foul-up I'll be the first to say we all did Jones a bit dirty. But outside of something of a gigantic anomaly there is very little chance he wasn't on something.

I stay on the ships I've chosen until they hit the ocean floor, the Bones vessel is merely taking on water.
tumblr_m4lcqp6yfC1rtgm2jo1_500.png

They'll find a way to. They're already pretending it's fine that he uses illegal drugs.

They're like religious people would be if alien life was finally proven, they'd find some way of still believing in it all.
Kind of like they do with the dinosaur thing.

The UFC will do anything it can to protect one of their few cash cows left
Expect some "lost" samples

I've gotta ask: When Reem was not being caught but had ridiculous test results, were was the small minority on the "He's clean and legit" or the "Given the evidence it's clear he used something" side?

If there's a lab foul-up I'll be the first to say we all did Jones a bit dirty. But outside of something of a gigantic anomaly there is very little chance he wasn't on something.

The Reems was a bit more obvious. I think there is more than a 50% chance Jon tests will come back dirty - but he has more chance of coming back clean than Overeem.

If Jon is dirty though

Thats actually false. A low ratio can still come back clean after further testing. It's an indicator.

When it first broke I automatically thought of the Justin Gatlin case [Olympic 100m Gold Medallist] who has similar ratios and eventually got done for PEDs when the rest of the information came out.

In many cases it's a bad sign but it isn't a positive for PEDs [It's an indicator for further tests]. In all fairness there are other reasons for a low ratio - Especially in combat sports.

So to prove it can come back clean, you use as an example someone who was found NOT to be clean and was banned for a period of time?

Yes . im pro roids to begin with and like other fighters who have been caught so no big deal to me

You are very welcome and entitled to your very own opinion.

I based mine, not on just a single test with abnormal ratio, but the combined results over 3 tests, AND the range of the levels (not ratios). Now, likely this means something different to me than you, hence we differ in opinion.
My opinion remains unchanged.

well, I will just jump off from the JJ bandwagon and become a fan of CM Punk, UFC's next biggest thing.

The UFC will do anything and everything including bribery to try and cover up any champion's PED use whilst they are champ. I predict Jones will not be busted. If he is then the UFC has a giant problem on their hands. They'd have to strip him and suspend him for a year.

So to prove it can come back clean, you use as an example someone who was found NOT to be clean and was banned for a period of time?

You misinterpreted the post. The paragraphs aren't related. I thought of Gatlin because the moment the news broke I thought 'Jon's fucked'.

I'm just pointing out that there is still plenty of potential for his results to come back clean. I.E: He can't be painted 'guilty' until the results come back.

I'm not a fan but if I was it wouldn't affect me one way or the other. As far as I'm concerned most of the top level fighters are on some kind of PEDs anyway. Messing up the cycle is just unprofessional, that's all.

Back