[Jon Jones Fans] If it is proven through CIR tests...

imissWECPalmer

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
IF it is proven through CIR tests that Jon Jones more than likely was using PEDs leading up to his fight with Cormier, would you still be a fan?

If he's winning then they'll be there, homie.

Good user name.

I think the bigger question is the more likely situation we should talk about: If we never get an answer will anyone outside the hardcore fans consider him legit?

Also, does this affect the stupid GOAT discussion?

I think the bigger question is the more likely situation we should talk about: If we never get an answer will anyone outside the hardcore fans consider him legit?

I think it will overall.

Though I personally can't call any non-HW the GOAT anyway, but such conversations and pointless and rife with bias by design.

Hell no

I'd be very sad and disappointed, but on the bright side I'd be encouraged that it's getting harder and harder to cheat. Seeing a high profile guy get caught would probably help many other fighters, present and future, decide to do the right thing and fight and train clean.

IF it is proven through CIR tests that Jon Jones more than likely was using PEDs leading up to his fight with Cormier, would you still be a fan?

Yes he is still a human. He fucks up like the rest of us.

People who put sports stars on these impossible-to-live-up-to-standards need to stop living in la la land.

Did you stop liking Jordan because he had sex with every woman in Chicago while he was married?

but on the bright side I'd be encouraged that it's getting harder and harder to cheat.

This has come about almost by accident though. It's not like the AC have flagged up PED use and failed him. This could very easily have flown under the radar.

That makes me wonder how many other top fighters are at it.

No. There is still significant potential for him to be clean though. I.E: No reason to get carried away until results come out.

Sure I would! :icon_chee ... ... I'm sorry, I really tried to keep a straight face, I really did.

It would be the opposite. If there is never an answer everyone will still accept him as legit outside a small portion of hardcore fans.

If he tests positive for a PED I will no longer be a fan of Jon Jones.
I don't care about his personality or his mistakes or whatever. I like him because I like to watch him fight. If he were a cheater I'd find it very hard to appreciate him as a competitor.

huge fan of jones since day one bought his shirts and all went to see him fight chael/vegas last week,i can honestly say no id lose all respect for him and throw away his shirts etc,really looked up to the guy to be honest. i can't sit there and say he beat all these guys legit on peds if true which i'm hoping he's not on

I'm sure some idiots will still love Jones, he is such a cool kid for using cocaine and possibly PEDs. He is on the edge brah.

Don't need to wait...those ratios and the ranges of levels over the 3 test results, in comparison to what is expected for an athlete of his caliber, make it obvious what happened. Today his legacy was tainted IMO.

Back