Jon Jones dont want rematch because "I was only fighting at 70%"

Jones don't wanna get mauled again. Understandable.

what about that bs about "exercize my fighting spirit"? Now he is making excuses to prove he doesnt need to prove nothing.

Don't wanna get his warrior spirit's face all swollen again.

People call Mayweather a ducker, but the only close fight he was in, he made no excuse about his shoulder, and took the rematch without hesitation. Jones is no Mayweather. Never will be.

Bullshit and Jones knows it, he was pushed to his limits and barely got out with the W.

He actually said that he initially thought a rematch was the most fair thing to do.He then watched the fight thirteen times and after that he felt he clearly won so now he feels that giving the next guy a shot would be the most fair thing to do. But he'll fight whoever the ufc decides to give him.

He did say tho that he felt off and felt he was only at 70% but Helwani never said that Jones said he didn't want the rematch

Stop making sense, This is Jon Jones we are talking about.

Damn. Jones used to be my favorite fighter...

Now i think of him as the biggest coward of all the champions.

Lol he's fought the best competition of any ufc fighter in history.. He asked for the Gus fight. Gus was not in line jones requested it..

Lol he's fought the best competition of any ufc fighter in history.. He asked for thus Gus fight. Gus was not in line jones requested it..

Not really. Just because it's LHW doesn't mean it's better than any other competition. He's beaten great competition but let's not forget he had just fought 2 middleweights/part time light heavyweights.

First post nailed it
If you weren't at 100% you should rematch to show you can destroy him at 100%

Its so obvious and cowardly what Jones is doing. Lost so much respect for this guy.

It reminds me of when Silva was trying to avoid the fight with Weidman, pretending like he didnt know who he was.

Lol he's fought the best competition of any ufc fighter in history.. He asked for the Gus fight. Gus was not in line jones requested it..

And boy is he regretting it now, backpedaling like a mofo trying to downplay how tough a fight it was.

That's hilarious. Jones will never learn.

And Jones wonders why he never gets any hespect.

Just when I start liking Jones after his performance , He just ruins it by saying these things =.=

From what I'm reading I guess this OP is highly misleading... But so many biters chomping at the bit to hate

Last edited:

In my personal opinion, he asked for this fight b/c he thought it would be the easiest win to come back from with his injury. Plus the added advantage of getting rid of the whole "well jones is just longer than everyone else".

Now that he knows what a tough fight Gus is, and that he escaped by the skin of his teeth, hes pretending he dominated him to avoid a rematch.

Back