Jon Jones dirtiest fighter of all time?

Jones is an all time great not THE greatest ever but imo behind Anderson and Fedor.

But man I finally see why he has alotta haters its not his persona as much as the antics he uses which some might be fair but definitly frowned upon by the fans in the know.

It's over.He is the GOAT.

Anderson never fought anyone of DC's calibre.

don't be silly, it was a dirty move. you think DC just meant to throw punches after the bell for no reason? Jon tried to sneak one in before the buzzer by pretending not to fight. is it illegal? no. is it dirty? yes.

He is not the first fighter to start celebrating before the final bell. It happens semi-often and is more a show of dominance.

It was arrogant and petty but there was no way Jones could have known DC would seperate and leave himself wide open. He most likely assumed DC would keep holding on to him until the bell rang since DC was exhausted.

Jones by far has the most impressive consecutive strength of schedule in the history of the sport. Far ahead of Fedor and Silva who took fights well below their pay grade and cherry picked fights.

He also blatantly eye pokes everyone. He eye poked Cormier, on purpose, tonight. He knows he gets at least one freebie, so he takes it. Its gross but he's just skirting the rules as they are written.

Anyone who wants a shot at Jones needs to know they will get eye poked and need to either poke or be prepared for it.

GSP still has more top 5 and pfp wins

behind paul harris, Bobby Green (groin shots)....but he does eye pokes in every fight so yeah i'd say he's up there.

Jones is the greatest of all time for me. This fight sealed it. Fedor and Anderson were great in their own right but JBJ is just better.

The competition he has beaten, the dominance, the well-roundedness and the improvisation both in mid fight as well as when he comes out to show new skills with each new fight. He is the man.

He is not the first fighter to start celebrating before the final bell. It happens semi-often and is more a show of dominance.

It was arrogant and petty but there was no way Jones could have known DC would seperate and leave himself wide open. He most likely assumed DC would keep holding on to him until the bell rang since DC was exhausted.

petty is close enough to dirty in my book. very similar to dumping Rampage at the buzzer in one of their rounds in their fight.

Jones used a Wizzer to just extend DC against the fence.
PPL know his only weapon is height. Heck, his reach was negated by a guy 5'11 in DC.

GUS shouldve been the only fight for bones

GSP still has more top 5 and pfp wins

Perhaps, but he was also knocked out and submitted by two of his peers. He beat both of those guys definitively in a rematch, but that is not the point.

Jones has managed to maintain a flawless record amid the best consecutive strength of schedule wins in the sport.

Back