Jon Jones developing one-shot KO power

Steroids don't do much of anything for punching power... first you need to learn how to throw a proper punch and the rest is genetics.
Damn, my bad. I thought being stronger would affect power. Silly me.

He's one of the strongest guys in the division and he's mostly fast twitch dominant muscle. It's amazing that he doesn't have 1 punch KO power. The only reason he doesn't is because his punching technique is garbage. If he threw a textbook cross instead of a reaching arm punch, he'd KO people all the time.

Jones is such an amazing talent. GOAT already and still has gaping holes in his game to improve on.

Early in his career he had a couple of KOs. Even though his skills then were rudimentary, those fights showed he had power. His game later evolved more to focus less so on boxing technique, but more so on Muay Thai, utilizing pawing to establish his reach advantage, and a versatile kicking game.

You'd think that wouldn't be enough against a good boxer, accept Jones is strong enough in the clinch to negate damage and can return fire due to him being very good at utilizing trips and throws from the clinch. He also can dirty box against the cage and his eblows inside are nasty. So, his pure boxing never really evolved too much. He can be exploited, but other aspects of his game makes up for the deficit.

He could improve his boxing and footwork. If he had a jab, it would be difficult getting in. But he uses the teep a lot, which serves a similar purpose.

His kick didn't even knock dc down if I remember correctly. Gave him garbage legs and he tripped then jones elbowed the hell out of him. So I would say that isn't a testimont to his one shot power

~DaViD~

Hard to knock people out when you’re not fighting.

Notice how yoel and jon jones grew beards suddenly? Notice how they both have male pattern baldness? View attachment 420497
Using headband to cover receding hailine.

Not making accusations only observations<NoneOfMy><NoneOfMy>

I've always wondered about that Phillippians 4:13 tattoo of his... Off the top of my head, I can't remember if it makes reference to driving a car full of women that aren't the mother of your child into a telephone pole while smashed, hiding under an Octagon to avoid the drug test you will certainly fail if it's administered, consistently gouging your opponents' eyes in the most egregiously illegal manner, and/or hitting a pregnant woman with your vehicle, then running away without checking on her, then coming back to the scene to grab your weed and some cash (still not checking on her, mind you). Any educated Christians wanna wade in on this Phillippians quote and tell me what I'm missing?

What an absolute train wreck that Bones kid is.

He rocked him with a head kick. That’s not developing knock out power.

Jon really doesn’t punch hard. It’s the accumulation of his strikes.

His elbows, kicks and ground and pound are what people are afraid of.

Jones has reached his ceiling. He was at his best before the Vitor fight. The armbar permanently messed him up. He's maybe 70% of what he used to be. His movements aren't as clean as they were before that injury. Everything is more labored and just overall he's not as explosive as he was. He's still a monster but he's not going to get any better than he was.

His boxing technique is dogshit
he will never be able to knock someone out clean with a punch. Clipped fat MW Lyoto clean with a punch and didnt even come close to KOing him with it lmao

JJ wasted the prime years of his life. Sad.

So if he's training hard then we can assume he will be back soon?

He's one of the strongest guys in the division and he's mostly fast twitch dominant muscle. It's amazing that he doesn't have 1 punch KO power. The only reason he doesn't is because his punching technique is garbage. If he threw a textbook cross instead of a reaching arm punch, he'd KO people all the time.

Jones is such an amazing talent. GOAT already and still has gaping holes in his game to improve on.

so much twitch

2gt3g5v.gif

One-shot, fetus-terminating, car crash, power.**

His boxing technique is dogshit
he will never be able to knock someone out clean with a punch. Clipped fat MW Lyoto clean with a punch and didnt even come close to KOing him with it lmao
He dropped him with a Superman punch lol

Please for the sake of Sherdog, improve on your fucking posting. This shitiness is getting ridiculous.

Back