Jon Jones Destroyed Shogun after just 3 years of MMA training. he was still a rookie back then

Everyone was shot when they fought jones according to his deniers/haters.

Well, they sorta were. Not saying Jones wouldn't have won anyway, but Rashad, Rampage, Machida and Shogun were all shells of their former selves back then.

Also, at this point with Jones, you have to pretty much assume that he was roiding hard back then as well.

Using age in the heavier weight classes to downplay an athlete is misleading, throughout the UFC's history the heavier weight classes have been dominated by athletes 30 and above even when the divisions were solid.

I love watching the skill set of a smaller fighter such as a Conor, GSP, Khabib, Silva, Aldo, BJ, TJ, etc they are fighting in the smaller division for a reason and that is they match up better with someone their own size. Jon Jones undeniably has talent, I am a fan of the way he fights and how he reads his opponents in the UFC's second heaviest division.

There aren't too many smaller fighters who step up to fight in open weight, it's why I have so much respect for BJ, he fought a 235 Machida in an open weight fight. Smaller fighters fight in lighter divisions because they can't contend with the size of a bigger fighter, therefore it's why the heavyweight champion in any fighting discipline has more prestige than someone with a similar skill set at a lower division.

Jones tested himself against all contenders in his division, the greatest LHW to do it however I would love him to test himself in the UFC's HW division and I believe he can do well. Definitely don't see his title reign as over rated and I see it as extraordinary to have so many defences in such a tough divison.
He also tested positive for steroids along with testing himself against the best <Moves>

He also tested positive for steroids along with testing himself against the best <Moves>

Many fighters were using enhancements that were beyond regular supplements. The usage of TRT while permitted was laughable and without arguement aided fighters taking it. Jones got caught for it and is paying the price, that doesn't diminish in my mind his skill set and what he did while fighting. I enjoyed his fights and that won't change just as I enjoyed watching MMA back early last decade and just like I currently enjoy watching Brian Ortega fight.

If you choose to not watch a fight or follow a fighter from this era or past era due to whatever objection you have against them it's perfectly fine however I'd happily watch Jones vs Belfort again

Jones streak was certainly more impressive than the average fighter.

It’s almost as though he had help.

That's one of the best feats in MMA history, he completely destroyed shogun and make it look like he doesn't belong there with him after just 3 years of MMA training. Current jones is a way better fighter now than when he was 23. and this should tell you that both Gustafsson and Cormier are also a level above other LHWs like Shogun,Machida and rampage

Jones > Cormier > Rumble > Gus > etc.

Yup, let's act like Jones sketchy history should have no weight. Lol, I remember Jones bashing Vitor and Chael for taking steroids and now errbody is on them.

Shogun looked better against llidell and machida than he ever has in his career, especially in terms of his defense, but the blowing his knee for the third time in the second Machida fight was where he fell off. And hard.
I'll agree to disagree. No chance that version of Shogun was better than the Pride grand prix. 2009 Liddell in his second to last fight (lost 3 straight by stoppage). Machida beat Rashad of all people to win the belt. Later dropped to MW and Rashad's entire career took a nosedive too. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 but Shogun's Pride career outshines anything he could ever do in the UFC imo.

Jones made Shogun his bitch. Made him tap to strikes. Turned him into a turtling f-ing coward.

Nothing you say/post will ever change that :)

Jones is a cheater hes one of very very very few that can't fight right now because hes too afraid to fight clean. he has a * beside all his wins

Nothing you say/post will ever change that :)

Shogun had marmalade for knees by then and Jones was probably sauced out the gills. Prime Shogun clowns Natty Jones.

Shogun KOs Machida and Sherdog is like,

"Shogun is the greatest LHW of all time !"

In his next fight, Shogun gets destroyed by Jones and Sherdog is like,

"Shogun is washed up and was injured."

Face it, Jones is the GOAT.

Shogun KOs Machida and Sherdog is like,

"Shogun is the greatest LHW of all time !"

In his next fight, Shogun gets destroyed by Jones and Sherdog is like,

"Shogun is washed up and was injured."

Face it, Jones is the GOAT.

Fighters can get great wins outside their prime.

""Shogun is washed up and was injured.""

fact

I'll agree to disagree. No chance that version of Shogun was better than the Pride grand prix. 2009 Liddell in his second to last fight (lost 3 straight by stoppage). Machida beat Rashad of all people to win the belt. Later dropped to MW and Rashad's entire career took a nosedive too. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 but Shogun's Pride career outshines anything he could ever do in the UFC imo.

Fair enough, but his own manager highlighted his shape/abilities for Liddell as his peak - not saying Shogun's accomplishments in the UFC match Pride by any means, just his skillset for those 3 fights were at their zenith. He was quite sloppy attacking sometimes in Pride and tightened up considerably when he got that boxing coach for the Liddell fight.

Steroids or no steroids. Whether Shogun was shot or not. Jones dominated from the first couple seconds till the end. It could’ve been ‘prime Pride Shogun” .... wouldn’t have changed a damn thing. He still would’ve gotten beaten senseless.

2yocx0g.gif

Steroids or no steroids. Whether Shogun was shot or not. Jones dominated from the first couple seconds till the end. It could’ve been ‘prime Pride Shogun” .... wouldn’t have changed a damn thing. He still would’ve gotten beaten senseless.

2yocx0g.gif

This is fantasy bullshit.

But i think Jones would still win, cuz he was/is tooooooooooooooooooo big.

Dafak ... i think even chaels was bigger lmao.

Back