Media Jon Jones currently weighs 260 lbs, aiming for 275

Jon needs to get on the deca burrito train. Easy built in excuse leaving the station.

Don't forget the vacay in Mexico right before the fight.

<EdgyBrah>

I'm now on the "Jones is never fighting again" bandwagon.

I just hope that he's gotten the urge to do shit that will get him arrested out of his system for the sake of his family.

the guy wants more money. If being a champion for a decade and never losing and going up to fight for the hw belt. Which the promotion agrees he deserves that. Why wouldn’t he get paid money

theboccupation is prize fighting. If you’re a crack whore you’re going to get as much crack as you can. He fights for prizes. Get your prizes or crack.

Damn bunch of haters in here… you would think this is an MMA forum and we were talking about fighting strictly cause if we are Jon Jones deserves respect
I don’t consider myself a hater. Jones is an amazing fighter—but his constant PED cheating and trash human-type-antics have really negated anything good he’s done, you know? Have you ever seen that pic of Jones standing next to Fedor? He makes Fedor look tiny, meanwhile Fedor was undefeated for a decade, with legal stomps, soccer kicks, etc, in a weight class than Jones has teased for years that he’d fight in but never had the balls to actually do it. What should we make of that?

I love how everyone doubts Jones yet he keeps embarrassing everyone. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get the HW strap.

I don't really care who wins or loses fights for the most part as I'm more of a fan of the sport as a whole, but I really get a kick out of watching Jones win, because it triggers the fuck out of Sherdog:D

It all started when he beat the breaks off of Shogun and then went on to dominate other popular fighters. Machida, Rampage, Vitor, etc... The Fanboys can't stand watching their heroes get decimated.

I know this kind of makes me a bit of a cunt, but watching grown men fawn over other grown men has always put a bad taste in my mouth.

Gane is fluid with his mass.

Ngannou is comfortable with his size in the cage.

HW Jones is a science experiment at this point -- he needs to sign a HW fight contract or go away.

Last edited:
MQUSuzc.gif

I don’t consider myself a hater. Jones is an amazing fighter—but his constant PED cheating and trash human-type-antics have really negated anything good he’s done, you know? Have you ever seen that pic of Jones standing next to Fedor? He makes Fedor look tiny, meanwhile Fedor was undefeated for a decade, with legal stomps, soccer kicks, etc, in a weight class than Jones has teased for years that he’d fight in but never had the balls to actually do it. What should we make of that?

A majority of fighter’s are on PEDs. Jones is an asshole so he does deserve some ridicule there. However, Fedor was in a different era where MMA competition wasn’t as stiff. That’s why it doesn’t bother me that Jones has a physical advantages over opponents because the gap is smaller now between fighters. I’m just saying you would think this guy was a can the way you guys speak of him. Even then, he doesn’t deserve the disrespect coming his way nonstop on these boards.

He was already starting to look slow before. He's going to be slow as shit now.

His chicken legs will not hold that weight.

Also he will be fat as fuck.

Actually.. looking forward to see Gane dancing circles around him.

I don't know... I want Jon to succeed at HW, but if he plans to get that big I don't see it working out well for him unless he changes his style of fighting. He seems to be used to just plod around maintaining distance and punishing attemps to get close with a variety of kicks and eye pokes. I don't know how that is going to translate to HW.

He's out of his mind, its way too big, Gane looks pretty good and big at 247, will maybe be 250-252 against Francis. 275...SMDH.

I don't really care who wins or loses fights for the most part as I'm more of a fan of the sport as a whole, but I really get a kick out of watching Jones win, because it triggers the fuck out of Sherdog:D

It all started when he beat the breaks off of Shogun and then went on to dominate other popular fighters. Machida, Rampage, Vitor, etc... The Fanboys can't stand watching their heroes get decimated.

I know this kind of makes me a bit of a cunt, but watching grown men fawn over other grown men has always put a bad taste in my mouth.

Agreed. I’ll never understand grown men who fanboy other grown men. I might not be good at the activity you are known for, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have qualities that you can look up to. That’s why I try to treat everyone the same… everyone has the capability for excellence in their desired path.

I don't get it. Doesn't he walk around 225-230 anyway? What's the point gathering all that mass when neither of the main guys (Ngannou, Gane) is a wrestler. Stay light, stay quick and fight smart. I wasn't giving him much of a chance at HW but I figured that would be his only option provided that he gets to choose his matchups. Now he's going to be a stationary target against Ngannou and Gane.

Back