Media Jon Jones currently weighs 260 lbs, aiming for 275

Machida I can maybe agree with, Gus no shot.

Gus' resume at LHW really isn't all that great. Rashad's is much better.
Who would you favor in a fight if they were both at their absolute best?

Who would you favor in a fight if they were both at their absolute best?

Gus n Rashad? Styles make fights so I'd prob lean towards Gus but its really close. The Rashad that beat Phil Davis is one of the best lhw's ever. He just may be too short/reach for Gus.

Because fighting is not like playing a Nintendo switch or some little video game.

It's real.

finishing two 220lbs professional fighters and kickboxers isn't like hitting a combo with your favorite video game character.

As GSP said "at this level it's extremely hard"

But it somehow gets easier when the guys are larger and hit harder and have been moving around at that weight for longer. The fact is Jones did not decisively beat his last two opponents and this does not bode well for him vs either Gane or Ngannou. Gane is probably much more dangerous and will most likely beat Ngannou if he can avoid those nukes for at least 2 rounds.

having trouble with this word bro, what do you mean UNLESS? are we talking about the same Jon Jones lmao
He’s been caught a bunch of times, and doesn’t really look like he’s on PEDs. Not a given he is on PEDs. If he is then yeah he can put on a bunch of muscle.

Looks soft. That won't be good weight I reckon. He doesn't carry the weight well. I suppose being and staying at 275 means he won't have to fight at hw, which he won't.

Machida I can maybe agree with, Gus no shot.

Gus' resume at LHW really isn't all that great. Rashad's is much better.

Evans is no doubt higher ranked for accomplishments all time. Though if Rashad came up the same time as Gus his career would have panned out no where near as good as it did. Jones would have been champ already and would to had to deal with Cormier and Anthony Johnson as well(though he matches up with Anthony Johnson better than Gus).

Gus came into the division at the worst possible time.

But it somehow gets easier when the guys are larger and hit harder and have been moving around at that weight for longer. The fact is Jones did not decisively beat his last two opponents and this does not bode well for him vs either Gane or Ngannou. Gane is probably much more dangerous and will most likely beat Ngannou if he can avoid those nukes for at least 2 rounds.

Its not a matter of easier or harder, styles makes fights.

Finishing fighters is not like playing a video game.

LHW is far more skilled than HW for one and Jones has won all of his fights

He doesn't have the bone structure to carry all that muscle, just look at his legs, I have a feeling he is going to face the same problems Conor did when fighting Dustin back to back after longer inactivity, MMA is a sport that heavily requires conditioning, not just in the sense of your physical shape, but more than that, your body, the ability to take punches, to the head, to the body, the ability to take kicks, when you are in the game, grinding every day, your body becomes conditioned as well.

The more I think of it, he's probably in for a rude awakening, he's turning 36, large chunks on inactivity, going up against the biggest strongest striker he's ever faced.

Back