Rumored Jon Jones Currently 240 Pounds

So I guess Jones will be beating these HW’s with submissions only? How’s he gonna get the wins at HW? Do you have an opinion?
Point fighting probably, like he's done a lot recently. I hope to see some wrestling and submission attempts though at least.

Point fighting probably, like he's done a lot recently. I hope to see some wrestling and submission attempts though at least.
Point fighting with the top Big (HW) Boys I don’t think is gonna get it done...imo. We’ll just have to see.

You want proper bulking look at Rumble Johnson, dude fought at 170 once upon a time. Yeah he rarely made the weight but the fact he got close to it? Lmao. It was ridiculous. Dude is more of a natural LHW who could easily fight at HW. Jones has a frame where he is lanky, does Jones think he's gonna be the next Ngannou? He needs to maintain some of that speed and athleticism. He's not gonna be a Ngannou. But we shall see. I hope Jones does well at HW. He's challenging himself for sure.

His form looked terrible Lmao, the size also won't help him against Izzy. Watch out for the new CKB fighters coming through too, Carlos Ulberg just got a contract next up is Blood Diamond.

The size could crush Izzy like a bug. Once Jones gets hold of him what can he really do?

You want proper bulking look at Rumble Johnson, dude fought at 170 once upon a time. Yeah he rarely made the weight but the fact he got close to it? Lmao. It was ridiculous. Dude is more of a natural LHW who could easily fight at HW. Jones has a frame where he is lanky, does Jones think he's gonna be the next Ngannou? He needs to maintain some of that speed and athleticism. He's not gonna be a Ngannou. But we shall see. I hope Jones does well at HW. He's challenging himself for sure.

Jones says he wants to maintain (maingain) at 240 turning water and glycogen into muscle.

Nganouu is 261.5 with abs, so I think Jones knows he's going to be at least around 20 pounds of lean mass lighter than Francis. A lean 240 fighter with skills can defeat a lesser skilled 260er in MMA, that we know.

Point fighting with the top Big (HW) Boys I don’t think is gonna get it done...imo. We’ll just have to see.
To be honest I think he just wants a big money fight or two and ride off into the sunset. He is not performing at same level anymore. Party life style took some years off him. Messing around with steroids probably did too since he more then likely is clean now.

To be honest I think he just wants a big money fight or two and ride off into the sunset. He is not performing at same level anymore. Party life style took some years off him. Messing around with steroids probably did too since he more then likely is clean now.
I believe he has to have tailored made fights for him to look good in HW division. Like Miocic, he might be able to get it done there.

He has been posting a lot of videos him power lifting recently.

In his own IG comments seems to confirm he’s currently walking around at 240 with plans to maintain that weight but add even more muscle

t6gmk5K.jpg

Jones making a mistake imo, no need for him to bulk so much and change his body composition this late in his career. Stipe weighed in at 233 in his last fight.

Adesanya on Jones Bulking Up:
“Yeah, sure, you want to put on size? Alright. Is your body used to being that heavy? Are you used to moving around that heavy with the work-rate you were doing with all your previous fights? Yeah, I just don’t play the game like everyone else,” Adesanya continued. “I’ll just chill, I’ll stay me. I’m gonna get stronger, I always do, but I’m not gonna purposely put on muscle just so I can be at a weight class. Stupid.”

right. ask frank mir. put on weight for rematch with broc and it did not help him one bit.

The size could crush Izzy like a bug. Once Jones gets hold of him what can he really do?
Yeah Costa would have crushed him if he got hold of him too. I'm assuming Izzy will cut angles and pick him off, Jones struggles against fighters with reach close to his, the speed difference will also be insane. Jones in his prime would have crushed Izzy no doubt but the current version of Jones gets knocked out cold.

He has been posting a lot of videos him power lifting recently.

In his own IG comments seems to confirm he’s currently walking around at 240 with plans to maintain that weight but add even more muscle

t6gmk5K.jpg

Jones making a mistake imo, no need for him to bulk so much and change his body composition this late in his career. Stipe weighed in at 233 in his last fight.

Adesanya on Jones Bulking Up:
“Yeah, sure, you want to put on size? Alright. Is your body used to being that heavy? Are you used to moving around that heavy with the work-rate you were doing with all your previous fights? Yeah, I just don’t play the game like everyone else,” Adesanya continued. “I’ll just chill, I’ll stay me. I’m gonna get stronger, I always do, but I’m not gonna purposely put on muscle just so I can be at a weight class. Stupid.”

Didn’t he cut weight to purposely be at a weight class? He fought heavier in kickboxing

He is the perfect size for LHW. May still do well in HW, but he looks like a natural LHW to me. I’m 6’6” and have to try really hard to get above 230.

DA GOAT rent free in haters head. Jones is doing everything right. He has a professional team thinking in everything and haters talking shit here thinking they know better about Jones situation. Cringe, bunch of virgins.

Israel is also a hater, he is a nobody and being a hater is a try to be somebody. He will never be what Jones is (a GOAT), so he needs to try to be relevant fighting... Jan Blachowicz... and talking shit. lol. "Is normal".

Jones is going to fight Stipe and Ngannou, defend his belt until beats Stipe's defenses and retire as the best MMA fighter the world has ever witnessed. Israel? WHO is Israel? He can fight other Jan Blachowicz at LHW instead, lol.

Cry is free.

I was a semi successful powerlifter and I can assure you guys, Jon is strong as fuck

If he focused 100% on lifts? He would put up some beastly numbers

Why is he ducking Jan?

Watching Jan obliterate Reyes must've given him nightmares.

Back