Rumored Jon Jones Currently 240 Pounds

Does he really need to bulk up much? I feel he's about 225-235 without cutting weight anyway. He's got enormous reach and already a physically strong guy at 6'4.
He was as light as 216 lbs back in 2016 and as heavy as 222 lbs in 2019.

Only time I can recall him being in the 230's was his grappling match against Henderson where he got up to 238 lbs.

(Timestamped)

image-2.jpg

Jones bulking up to 240 lbs is only going to hamper his speed and cardio, which is where his advantage would be against Heavyweights, and pretty crucial in avoiding power shots.

He was as light as 216 lbs back in 2016 and as heavy as 222 lbs in 2019.

Only time I can recall him being in the 230's was his grappling match against Henderson where he got up to 238 lbs.

(Timestamped)

image-2.jpg

Jones bulking up to 240 lbs is only going to hamper his speed and cardio, which is where his advantage would be against Heavyweights, and pretty crucial in avoiding power shots.

My thoughts as well. He clearly looks a bit soft there against Hendo but my guess is he wasn't coming off a strenuous camp. We've never really seen Jones physically outmatched, and the only guy I can think of at HW that will manhandle him is Ngannou and he isn't half the grappler Jon is. Blaydes, I'm sorry, but he's simply not impressive. Stipe is a tough fight for Jones but I don't think he's going to overpower him. Jon is a better striker and wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get Stipe down as well. Personally, I like Jones' chances at HW. It's shallow as fuck.

My thoughts as well. He clearly looks a bit soft there against Hendo but my guess is he wasn't coming off a strenuous camp. We've never really seen Jones physically outmatched, and the only guy I can think of at HW that will manhandle him is Ngannou and he isn't half the grappler Jon is. Blaydes, I'm sorry, but he's simply not impressive. Stipe is a tough fight for Jones but I don't think he's going to overpower him. Jon is a better striker and wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get Stipe down as well. Personally, I like Jones' chances at HW. It's shallow as fuck.
This is Jones at 222 lbs (albeit with steroids in his system):

1075817414.jpg.0.jpg

It'd suit his frame better to stay under 230 lbs.

He never actually said he was 240lbs. You guys keep falling for everything.

Jones making a mistake imo, no need for him to bulk so much and change his body composition this late in his career. Stipe weighed in at 233 in his last fight..”

Difference is that Jones makes HWs look small and as a LHW he was tied in having the longest reach together with Struve. If Jones wants to succeed at HW, he needs to put on mass as he has mostly been fighting MWs in his career. Coming in heavier he might also get some KO power.

His form looked pretty ok for a max box squat, imo. In what way do you think his form is bad? how much do you box squat?
Watch Ray Williams squat and then compare it to Jones. Also I don't box squats I only do conventional squats. His form didn't look completely bad just bad compared to the lifters I watch. You're supposed to only use the box as a marker to indicate you're at the correct depth (there shouldn't be a pause there) Sitting down actually loosens all the muscles that should be very tight during the squat and messes your body positioning, you should only use the box to know you've gotten to correct depth.

I take it you don't lift. If you think you should pause on a box squat more power to you brother Lmao. Tell me the benefit of the pause there? Lmao that's right you can't because the box is only to show you got the right depth. This isn't terrible technique it's just not as good as it could be. Pausing at the box will loosen all the muscles and you'll be out of position on the concentric this explains why Jon had a slight "wink" on the way up. Chur the bro.

He probably doesn’t want to get above 250. Most HWs thrive around 235-245

He has genetically small calves but his legs are powerful and he possesses great core strength. Interested to see him vs someone like Blaydes.
Yeah I would like to see him against a guy like Blaydes but I doubt Jones takes a fight like that. Too much risk vs reward. His HW career will consist of a Stipe fight or a Francis fight IMO. Of course if Brock came back he would jump at that.

Watch Ray Williams squat and then compare it to Jones. Also I don't box squats I only do conventional squats. His form didn't look completely bad just bad compared to the lifters I watch. You're supposed to only use the box as a marker to indicate you're at the correct depth (there shouldn't be a pause there) Sitting down actually loosens all the muscles that should be very tight during the squat and messes your body positioning, you should only use the box to know you've gotten to correct depth.
Ah ok so you don't know what a box squat is and how it is used in powerlifting. Just because you dropped Williams name doesn't mean you know shit and you've just proved it.

Edit: and before you start spewing bullshit I'm going to link a video just because I know your kind

Last edited:
Ah ok so you don't know what a box squat is and how it is used in powerlifting. Just because you dropped Williams name doesn't mean you know shit and you've just proved it.

Edit: and before you start spewing bullshit I'm going to link a video just because I know your kind

Okay I don't know who that guy is but he's saying something different to what he's actually doing. He's saying to pause but not actually pausing at the bottom, now compare that with Jones. Like I said Jones technique isn't horrible but it's not the greatest.

Okay I don't know who that guy is but he's saying something different to what he's actually doing. He's saying to pause but not actually pausing at the bottom, now compare that with Jones. Like I said Jones technique isn't horrible but it's not the greatest.
A pause means the bar gets to a total stop before going up, getting rid of the stretch reflex. He was not talking taking a shit sitting there but there is like hundreds of vids on box squats by powerlifters I can link if you are not convinced, but I know you are just knitpicking.

Anyway, we can agree that Jones technique isn't horrible but yeah not textbook. That's a landslide from

His form looked terrible Lmao

He has been posting a lot of videos him power lifting recently.

In his own IG comments seems to confirm he’s currently walking around at 240 with plans to maintain that weight but add even more muscle

t6gmk5K.jpg

Jones making a mistake imo, no need for him to bulk so much and change his body composition this late in his career. Stipe weighed in at 233 in his last fight.

Adesanya on Jones Bulking Up:
“Yeah, sure, you want to put on size? Alright. Is your body used to being that heavy? Are you used to moving around that heavy with the work-rate you were doing with all your previous fights? Yeah, I just don’t play the game like everyone else,” Adesanya continued. “I’ll just chill, I’ll stay me. I’m gonna get stronger, I always do, but I’m not gonna purposely put on muscle just so I can be at a weight class. Stupid.”

Jon has a much bigger frame than Stipe.

Gaining all that weight then cutting to 205 was an issue but I dont think that's the case at HW.

Probably learned from his brothers who are both beyond 265 and still obviously maintain elite levels of agility.

Regardless of who he fights at HW, he will still maintain the speed, youth, reflexes and all around technical edge. His body was made to hold 250 pounds. Literally made for it. I have a good friend who's 6'5 and he doesn't look right at anything below 240.

He still can’t stand toe to toe with HW’s and exchange hands.
He didn't do that at LHW, he is always the weaker puncher then his opponent. Even when he was obviously much stronger and ragdolled his opponent.

Back