Jon Jones' coach talks about Jon's Cocaine test, Internet haters, Cerrone's crazy....

I agree but man, they broke the mold after making this guy on Plum Island. He's a connsumate fighter and a total cool weirdo. If all fighters were like him, championship reigns would be short but HL reels would be loooong!

What if he was doin coke with Jones?

you know this how? If you take cocaine at the end of your training session when you are tired it'd allow you to train longer. the same way that athletes use amphetamines.

Taking cocaine when your training wouldnt help you come fight night unless maybe your high on fight night

Taking cocaine when your training wouldnt help you come fight night unless maybe your high on fight night

Haven't done cocaine in like 7-8 years but I distinctly remember coke having a short effect duration - even if it was good. After the first 20-25 minutes of feeling like you're on top of the world there is a "crash" where you lose all focus and are the total opposite of how you were during the initial rush. Then you need another line - which lasts for less time. You keep going and each subsequent time you get less of a "rush." Can't imagine it being performance enhancing really. You aren't relaxed enough. Tenses you up rather than keeping you loose and fluid.

On another note, I like listening to Coach Wink. Seems like a great fight strategist who has a good report with his fighters.

taking it at the end of your normal training session when you would otherwise be too tired to continue so that you can keep training most certainly will help you.

You can concentrate and train longer while taking stimulants. I thought everyone knew that.

Haven't done cocaine in like 7-8 years but I distinctly remember coke having a short effect duration - even if it was good. After the first 20-25 minutes of feeling like you're on top of the world there is a "crash" where you lose all focus and are the total opposite of how you were during the initial rush. Then you need another line - which lasts for less time. You keep going and each subsequent time you get less of a "rush." Can't imagine it being performance enhancing really. You aren't relaxed enough. Tenses you up rather than keeping you loose and fluid.

On another note, I like listening to Coach Wink. Seems like a great fight strategist who has a good report with his fighters.

that's if you snort it that's how people who use it recreationally use it; people that use it as a performance enhancer typically rub it on their gums so it's slowly absorbed.

taking it at the end of your normal training session when you would otherwise be too tired to continue so that you can keep training most certainly will. You can concentrate and train longer while taking stimulants. I thought everyone knew that.

wtf. training while your high and fighting while your sober is pointless. i dont even know how to make you understand so i wont try.

wtf. training while your high and fighting while your sober is pointless. i dont even know how to make you understand so i wont try.

yeah right stimulants aren't heavily used among athletes :rolleyes:

Edit: If you snort it in highly concentrated form it makes you high as fuck and I'd agree it wouldn't help; but if you rub it on your gums it just increases energy and concentration. Or if you cut it before using it then it is also a performance enhancer. There is a lot more ways to use cocaine than to just snort it in a highly concentrated form. That's the recreational form of use but Cocaine is used for more than just recreational use.

....adrenaline activities

New interview with Coach Mike Winkeljohn over the weekend on Submission Radio

[YT]l3p_5lM29xs[/YT]

Some Topics covered:
-2014 being a crappy year for the team
-Overeem vs Roy Nelson
-How how Overeem will deal with Roy, his overhand right
-Alistair's habit of standing still after he attacks
-Cowboy Cerrone and taking the fight against Benson on short notice
-If it's possible for Cerrone's body to peak twice in 2 weeks
-If it's dangerous doing 2 weight cuts so close together
-Keys to Victory against Bendo
-Nate Diaz rematch
-Why Cowboy does all of his crazy and extreme activities so close to fights
-If Cowboy ever pressures Wink into doing any extreme adrenaline activities with him
-Thoughts on Jones' performance at UFC 182
-What surprised him about DC
-Who the tougher test was for Jones, Cormier or Gustafsson
-If Jon would rely on his wrestling for Gus rematch or use his improved striking
-Jones' KO power not quite being there yet
-The failed Cocaine test
-If it surprised Mike, and his reaction
-If it's as big a deal as people are making it our to be
-Jones' internet haters
-Holly Holm's UFC debut
-Diego Sanchez' wrestling

Some Quotes:

On Jones performance at UFC 182 and if anything surprised Mike during the fight

...but we’re still standing behind Jon, and we like to have him around

That's probably the safest place to be because he's liable to run you over if you're in front of him

Back