Jon Jones' coach talks about Jon's Cocaine test, Internet haters, Cerrone's crazy....

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
....adrenaline activities

New interview with Coach Mike Winkeljohn over the weekend on Submission Radio

[YT]l3p_5lM29xs[/YT]

Some Topics covered:
-2014 being a crappy year for the team
-Overeem vs Roy Nelson
-How how Overeem will deal with Roy, his overhand right
-Alistair's habit of standing still after he attacks
-Cowboy Cerrone and taking the fight against Benson on short notice
-If it's possible for Cerrone's body to peak twice in 2 weeks
-If it's dangerous doing 2 weight cuts so close together
-Keys to Victory against Bendo
-Nate Diaz rematch
-Why Cowboy does all of his crazy and extreme activities so close to fights
-If Cowboy ever pressures Wink into doing any extreme adrenaline activities with him
-Thoughts on Jones' performance at UFC 182
-What surprised him about DC
-Who the tougher test was for Jones, Cormier or Gustafsson
-If Jon would rely on his wrestling for Gus rematch or use his improved striking
-Jones' KO power not quite being there yet
-The failed Cocaine test
-If it surprised Mike, and his reaction
-If it's as big a deal as people are making it our to be
-Jones' internet haters
-Holly Holm's UFC debut
-Diego Sanchez' wrestling

Some Quotes:

On Jones performance at UFC 182 and if anything surprised Mike during the fight

Also..I ran into Luke Rockhold when I was at the supermarket. He seemed happy.

B7JVVIjCQAAb7Hh.jpg

Enough with the "he is young" excuse. Dude is 27 with 4 kids. He is a grown ass man.

Enough with the "he is young" excuse. Dude is 27 with 4 kids. He is a grown ass man.

This. I'm not trying to discredit Jones or take anything away, but what's with people nowadays referring to adults as kids?

is three words all you took from that interview?

also ts, keep up the good work, i have started following submission radio recently, its pretty good.

I'm sorry, but Wink is spot-on in regards to this comment:
"...for those individuals that spend their whole day on the internet, telling everybody all of the bad things that Jon Jones did. I

I never watch the interviews but I always read the notes underneath, thanks TS

Can't argue with Cosplay's work ethic. Also, no, Jonathan is most certainly no a kid anymore, so that excuse goes out through the window. That being said, cocaine still isn't that big of a deal.

I don't think anyone cares what he does with his free time. It's what he does while he's fighting that people care about. If he wants to snort coke while he's out partying that his business. But if he's using it to cut weight that's a whole other story.

Can't argue with Cosplay's work ethic. Also, no, Jonathan is most certainly no a kid anymore, so that excuse goes out through the window. That being said, cocaine still isn't that big of a deal.

I'm sorry, but Wink is spot-on in regards to this comment:
"...for those individuals that spend their whole day on the internet, telling everybody all of the bad things that Jon Jones did. I’m thinking to myself, get a life."

Not a Jones fan (was rooting for DC), but for cripes sakes some people on these boards literally get-off on posting, re-posting and fueling speculation about Jones. Everyone certainly has the right to dislike Jones or comment, but if you genuinely get-off on trying to tear the guy down via internet/forums, you really should reevaluate your life.

lol yeah that was definitely spot on

New interview with Coach Mike Winkeljohn over the weekend on Submission Radio

Thanks, TS. I appreciate these a lot. My hearing is bad and the internet used to be a great equalizer for me as far as getting news. More and more often every site posts everything in a video/audio format instead of writing it down. Even Sherdog's main page is like that.

I want to add my share of props to TS for transcription. I have never listened to SR and I hit play before seeing the work you'd done. I was like 2:12:16 (or whatever) and those dudes voices sounding like they were broadcasting from the lost city of Atlantis? Damn, I wanted to know what Wink said! Then I scrolled and was happy. Thanks bro.

Cerrone is a legit badass

He should be the role model for all other UFC fighters

Wink needs to take it less personal. Criticism is a part of any sport. And mma is unique as it is a sport where you actually have to pay a premium price to see the top athletes compete.

jon has had the perception of being a dirty fighter for a long long time. I've been a spurs fan since the twin towers era, and while Bruce bowen was one of the best defenders in the league, he always got shat on because he was perceived as a dirty player. As a spurs fan I just counted championships and didn't care. The thing is, in those sports though, you actually see fouls when athletes play dirty though. In mma, they just get warnings. So yeah when you combine that with the fact fans pay for events, there will be a higher level of negative feedback. And Jon is a grown man with 4 kids. He is not a kid anymore and doesn't need people to make excuses for him like he is a toddler.

And when your champion tests for a narcotic, expect the worst.

He is right. It seems like some of the haters would feel like they have accomplished something if he lost. A bit weird.

Cerrone is a legit badass

He should be the role model for all other UFC fighters

I agree but man, they broke the mold after making this guy on Plum Island. He's a connsumate fighter and a total cool weirdo. If all fighters were like him, championship reigns would be short but HL reels would be loooong!

Back