Jon Jones Chin

Masterman15

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone think Jon Jones chin would hold up pretty well at Heavyweight. The guy can certainly take a punch, and I've never seen him in any Trouble.

Hard to tell. Maldonado has a good chin at LHW too.

For several years this would be the case.
Like soneone else posted,father time is his only enemy.

cant really say no one has really been able to reach it

I thought Cormier was landing some bombs in the second. Like most fighters would have been wobbly at the very least from them. So yeah, Jones has a HW chin.

Wasn't he KOed by Al Iaquinta or something like that in sparring?

I think he has a great chin but people have to realize the major difference between a HW bomber hitting you flush and a LHW bomber hitting you flush...I want to say JBJ can withstand it but well...judging from experience...it isn't even in the same league.

His chin and cardio have saved him in his two biggest challenges, it is made of iron it seems. Those same shots put a solid HW away in the first.

wait till JDS lays a bomb on Jones then we will see if he has a good chin or not

I think he has a great chin but people have to realize the major difference between a HW bomber hitting you flush and a LHW bomber hitting you flush...I want to say JBJ can withstand it but well...judging from experience...it isn't even in the same league.
How much power do you think Cormier has lost since dropping down?

10001970.gif

Daniel_Cormier_vs._Pat_Cummins_2.gif

Well, Cormier was a top 5 HW tbf.

^ This

Cormier was wrecking HWs left and right before moving down to fight Jones, and Jon ate his punches like they were delicious pastries. If he can take Daniel Cormier's best shot, he can take a HW punch.

DC wasnt able to hit Jones with anything close to those shots

What fight were you watching?

He must have hit him with at least a dozen good uppercuts in the clinch, popped Jones head up a few times too.

So did Glover. Jones has the best chin at LHW from what ive seen. In his last 2 fights it was literally part of his strategy to clinch and let the guy hit him.

DC wasnt able to hit Jones with anything close to those shots

He hit him with multiple uppercuts and hooks that connected pretty damn solid. I don't have the exact same "Punch Power Calculator" you seem to have, but they looked plenty strong. The punch he took straight to the chin after the bell of the 5th round looks like a solid punch.

He has a good chin well served by the fact that he absorbs very few strikes due to his intelligent use of reach ..

Good to great chin + elusivness = champ combination a la Fedor, Anderson, Machida, prime BJ..

What fight were you watching?

He must have hit him with at least a dozen good uppercuts in the clinch, popped Jones head up a few times too.

So did Glover. Jones has the best chin at LHW from what ive seen. In his last 2 fights it was literally part of his strategy to clinch and let the guy hit him.

i was watching the Jones vs Cormier fight if you hadnt figured it out yet and LOL at best chin keep dreaming wait till he gets slumpped by Rumble or Gus

Back