Jon Jones cardio

shedd45

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does Jon Jones have the best cardio in the LHW division?

It's definitely up there. In his two most competitive fights, he literally pulled away in the championship rounds.

Does Jon Jones have the best cardio in the LHW division?

Possibly. If you look at his fight with Gus though, Gus was the fresher fighter in the fourth until getting caught, and that's while utilizing a lot more movement than Jones. That shot drained him badly though. Food for thought.

That Handy Marsh/Anderson avatar made my day.

HAHAHA!

That Handy Marsh/Anderson avatar made my day.

HAHAHA!

Hahah they're about to have a bro down.

I respect you, bro. I respect you, bro.

He has very good endurance, that's for sure. Looking through the top 15, I'd say he definitely lasts longer than: Cormier, Johnson, Glover, Bader, OSP, Hendo, Rua, Feajo, Fabio Maldanaldo, Lil Nog.

I'm a little less sure about Davis, Evans, Gus, and Cummins. I don't think it's ridiculous to say Jones has the best cardio at 205.

Poss. Him and Gus. Woulda said Machida too had he stayed.

Dc is up there even though people are saying he gassed

Jones may not have absolutely elite cardio where he goes full bore through the fifth round, but he always looks fairly fresh in the championship rounds and usually fresher than his opponent. He has great cardio, especially for his size and weight class.

Him and Gus are at the top for sure. If the AJ/AG fight goes 5 rounds, we could see how good Rumble's is.

Dc is up there even though people are saying he gassed

He "gassed" because Jones beat the shit out of his body. Just like Gustafsson "gassed" after Jones landed that elbow.

Yes esp. with his 5 round resume but it's also mental toughness that makes him able to push forward even if he's slowing down or gassed.

Gus is up there too, his movement heavy style is taxing to keep up. Overall he didn't do bad for his first full 5 rounder.

Yes, he has good cardio and enough skills to slow down his opponents pace. If someone outpaced Jones (like DC in the 2nd) I think Jones may fade. But, again his fight IQ is so high he knows how to quickly adjust to derail his opponents game plans.

I think it's one of the reasons he doesn't attempt to put on much lower body muscle mass (and why they look skinnier now). I think it would slow him down in a 5 round fight.

Back