Jon Jones breaks down why he is ahead of Khabib in the GOAT conversation

The problem is it’s a rather big argument. When that asterisk is the use of Performance Enhancers and your career is being judged on your performance it raises a lot of questions.

Agree it is a huge argument.

Khabib only has RDA and Conor as top 5 fighters. Jones has to fight ex-MWs because the division is cleared.
Poirier, Barboza, RDA and McGregor were all ranked in the top 5 when Khabib fought them..

if khabib can convincingly get past tony then they convo can get started but jones is light years above everyone else in every category

I’m a fan of both . Jones quality of opposition is far greater...Gsp is ahead of Khabib as well imo

Jones has a deeper resume and a superior skillset and is a physically more dominant, heavier man who would beat khabib in a fight 100/100 times.

Khabib's wrestling and grappling isn't even as good as Jones' is pound for pound. Jones is superior to Khabib in every facet - he is a better wrestler, grappler, judoka, AND striker.

He is superior, obviously, why is this a conversation?
Khabib grappling is better ...don’t be silly

Calls Khabib's striking bad but continally got outboxed by a short stubby, shorter reach Cormier. Meanwhile Khabib dropped Conrat and stood with him an entire round landing the better harder shots, who ia considered one of the best boxera in MMA. The excuse of the takedown won't work since Jones supposedly has better wrestling/grappling than Khabib.

You have zero proof for St-Pierre or Jones being better or looking more graceful if they'd fight in Khabib's style. Zero.

When Jones took DC down, it was during the time in which he was allegedly on more PEDs than in more recent points in his career, as good as his wrestling was.
If we're judging how good someone is by a single fight though: Jon Jones needed 11 takedown attempts to take Alexander Gustafsson down in their first fight.
He has also been taken down by Gustafsson one time, therefore, his wrestling is not good.
See? that's a bit simple-minded, isn't it?

Consistency is better proof of how good someone is though, and Khabib is way more consistent with his wrestling and is especially as of late the clearly more dominant fighter - without being as good in striking and having a ginormous reach advantage against anyone in his division.

Anyways, fighting is not about looking gracefully, it's about winning and Khabib is damn good in doing so. Not sure how he is supposed to be "genetically inferior" to use your questionable sayings.
I hate to go here because of the unprovability but what I am trying to say is that to me, when watching the men fight, it is obvious that Jones would beat Khabib if they were the same weight pound for pound. He is superior, I can see it in his movements as a guy who's spent years practicing martial arts.

I might be wrong but it seems clear to me by the way they move.

Jones has beaten every style and has been on top (became champ) for 9 years now, which is absolutely insane in MMA.

Khabib hasn't even fought a wrestler on the level of Bader, much less Cormier. Khabib would likely be fucked against an opponent like DC: elite wrestler, good boxing, good power, good cardio.

He’s just so self unaware and a complete narcissist at the same time. It’s quite the paradox.

Poor form, Jon.
Most narcissists are not self aware or they'd realize they were narcissists and try to stop ruining all of their relationships and standing in their own way.

Khabib only has RDA and Conor as top 5 fighters. Jones has to fight ex-MWs because the division is cleared.

Dustin, and barboza were top 5 when khabib beat them. Dustin was interim champ....

Jones has a deeper resume and a superior skillset and is a physically more dominant, heavier man who would beat khabib in a fight 100/100 times.

Khabib's wrestling and grappling isn't even as good as Jones' is pound for pound. Jones is superior to Khabib in every facet - he is a better wrestler, grappler, judoka, AND striker.

He is superior, obviously, why is this a conversation?

It's a conversation because Khabib is 28-0 and has only lost one round in the UFC, and treats high level mma opponents like children in the cage...

I hate to go here because of the unprovability but what I am trying to say is that to me, when watching the men fight, it is obvious that Jones would beat Khabib if they were the same weight pound for pound. He is superior, I can see it in his movements as a guy who's spent years practicing martial arts.

I might be wrong but it seems clear to me by the way they move.
Let's just agree to disagree.

If GSP or Jones chose to fight with Khabib's style, they would do it better and look better at doing it as well. This is because they are superior, they have the same level of work as well as the grace and such I was talking about.

Khabib is not as good of a wrestler as Jones is. He does not defeat olympic level wrestlers. He hasn't even fought any, let alone completely dominated them. He doesn't look as good and he can't even pull his style off as well as men like GSP, Jones, shit Might Mouse would be better at khabibs style if he chose to do it.

Khabib is clunky and genetically inferior.

WTF is this?

If he is genetically physically inferior he has to be mentally superior to Jones and GSP (which he is). How else do you walk through all of your opponents? (and create so many haters along the way).

You can't have one without the other.

We agree 100% Khabib has a superior brain to both Jones and GSP. Jones and GSP have inferior and smaller brains (one takes coke the other believes he was taken by aliens)

Americans shook by Khabib's superiority.

Khabib looks like a man who has developed his skillset over decades, refining and refining and has become the epitome of nurture.
Jones looks like a natural who simply excels because he is superior.
Nature > Nurture every time.
he's pulsing too much to be a natural...

Also Jones putting down a potential GOAT like that is unnecessary and shows mental weakness. How are you going to talk about Khabib's stand up when he has dominated everyone...and he is 3 weight classes below you...

He is the type of guy that doesn't want anybody else to get any shine. The type of guy to eat the whole buffet so everyone else goes home hungry. you can see it.

Just another bum Khabib hater.

I will free stream the PPV on Sat and hope for the upset.

Both pale in comparison to the one true GOAT..

%25D0%25A4%25D0%2595%25D0%2594%25D0%25AF%25D0%2595.gif
Damn....GSP has aged terribly

JJ skipped over the #1 reason why SOME (not all) fans don't have him as the GOAT, his failed drug tests. Even if we assume JJ is clean now, he has failed drug tests in the past. Based on career resume (without factoring in PED), JJ probably has the most impressive resume (ahead of even Fedor & GSP).

He’s not wrong, but there’s a clear argument for both sides. We’re at a point where I wouldn’t blame anyone for going either way, but they both still have some key fights to take on. Khabib vs t ferg is huge. And if jones moves up to HW that’s huge too. Guess we’ll have to wait and see

No, there is not an argument for both sides. Khabib's resume is shit. He doesn't even belong in the GOAT conversations... and Jones's initial reaction (laughter) was the right one. The only reason Khabib is even mentioned is because he took down the great white hype. If not for the drama surrounding him and McGregor, nobody would give a shit about him and if he retired today, he would be forgotten in a couple of years.

Jones never lost. Khabib lost to Tibau.
Jones has 14 championship fights
Khabib 3

Don't be a dumb shithead

Khabib was gifted his title fighting the 11th ranked fighter in the division. Iaquinta probably didn't even deserve to be ranked that high due to inactivity. I don't think that should count as a championship fight.

Back