Jon Jones beats PRIME Fedor Emelianenko EASILY.

OP jones may well Beat fedor but.... Fedor WOULD be able to close the distance.... Cormier closed the distance many times during the fight tonight and landed uppercuts and hooks... So I have no doubt fedor could do it too ... If not better ...

Yeah look at the end of the day the comparison just isn't fair. The fighters today wouldn't be the same without the fighters of yesteryear paving the way.

Alternatively the fighters of yesteryear would be far superior versions on themselves if they were fighting in MMA today.

That goes for Fedor, Hendo, Couture, Anderson etc etc.

Did the world end while I was sleeping? Did Hell freeze over? A reasonable post made by someone with a JBJ avatar? How are we to recognise obnoxious fanatism now?

Perhaps invented was a strong word, but he definitely paved the way. The Nogueria fight where Nog was getting tossed was definitely something modern fighters took from Fedor.

BTW, Priest kicks ass

Lol it was hardly competitive

I felt Cormier won from the second half of rd1 to the end of the first half of rd 3 (when the poke happened :icon_twis) which is 2/5 of the fight. 2/5 vs 3/5 = not much difference.
Most of Jones's 'win time' being when DC was gassed out too. Even then Jones did little offensively other than humiliate DC by taking him down repeatedly.

Of course it's done by rounds, 4-1 looks 'worse' then it was, but even then some people had it 3-2 which is the same thing as my 'non round based' view pretty much.

Perhaps invented was a strong word, but he definitely paved the way. The Nogueria fight where Nog was getting tossed was definitely something modern fighters took from Fedor.

BTW, Priest kicks ass

As does Cirith Ungol.
Hey, I've said that to you already.
But it's something that needs to be said more often. :icon_lol:

Not impossible.

Well, technically, it is impossible.

Why did you write his last name? Lol, most people know who Fedor is.

26 year old 232 pound Fedor that can go 25 minutes and has a family to feed? No

Yea these threads are insane, no way you can say Jones easily handles him. That Fedor was a very scary man.

He won tho.

He won an expensive hospital bill.

Gus was drinking Vodka out of a human skull while sharpening his broad sword and polishing his shield in a nearby bar while Jones was in the emergency room.

Prime Fedor that destroyed prime CroCop, standing, would absolutely destroy prime Jones.

You fools have no idea how much of a monster Fedor was in his prime. Seriously. Fedor was heavier, stronger and craftier on the ground than Jones ever will be.

Jones would not out jab Fedor and Fedor would tap him out within the first round (Pride meant 10 mins).

And yes, I'm one of the biggest Fedor nuthuggers. When you see the greatest ever perform live on the biggest stage ever, it leaves something with you that you can't replace with these watered down UFC cards.

Last edited:
Fedor destroys Jon Jones within 2 minutes of round 1.

You Fedor nuthuggers are so delusional....let me give you a little something called MMAth......Jon Jones beat the man who destroyed Bigfoot and Henderson who both destroyed Fedor. SIMPLE as that! Jones would destroy Fedor easily...Fedor's gameplan is too simple.

You Fedor nuthuggers are so delusional....let me give you a little something called MMAth......Jon Jones beat the man who destroyed Bigfoot and Henderson who both destroyed Fedor. SIMPLE as that! Jones would destroy Fedor easily...Fedor's gameplan is too simple.

It would take Jones 25 minutes to decision a Tim Sylvia let alone buzzsaw through him in 36 seconds

current Fedor? yes

Prime Fedor? hell no

People said the same thing about Sylvia.....but that didn't last very long....

You are absolutely nuts.

If only you had the chance to see Fedor, in his prime, live.

I feel bad that you missed out.

Wow. How people easily forget belfort almost finishing bones with that armbar. Imagine what fedor would do to the 84 inch reach...

Lol he struggled with old man glover and he needed the clock to beat old man DC.

Jones gets worked by anybody with any power. Especially Fedor.

He's not cutting weight just for fun or whatever, theres a specific reason he does it.

Back