Jon Jones asks a question about steroid use in MMA, a fan responds

i wonder when Jon will write a book like OJ did
hGdUioqjF5DNpQO29q-bWLSrLQk_5aPP_iSrgh3iSiOK7Mbi5huR73gTolC26P5TBc1pk0ZoFXOLu0Y=s200-rw

He will also hire a ghost writer and try to take credit for writing it himself.

We shouldnt even acknowledge his nickname bones anymore and just call him Jon asterisk or asterisk jones. Come on sherdog

#MakeItStick
No man. I made it Toothpicto.
It's much better.
Screw asterisks, Toothpicto is more succint and tells it all in a funny way.

I'm not a cycling fan. Don't think there are many, to be fair. I'm sure hardcore baseball fans could and would argue about Bonds. Just like most hardcore MMA fans will dispute claims of Jon's GOATship.
I haven't watched baseball in years, but when I was a fan, Bonds was, by far, the best I ever watched. His attitude made him unlikable. On the flip side, Ken Griffey Jr. was a very likeable player, and maybe just as good, but injuries kept him back.

''There are two fighters X and Y, they are going to fight, they have the same level of skill, speed, power and weight, X is not using steroids, Y is using steroids, who wins this fight?''

So they all used peds ....Armstrong was just better at it .....MMA is a steroid land as well ....especially before USADA

"better"? He was more ruthless. He destroyed several cyclists careers. Armstrong is a good exmaple because sure he was talented but not that much. The difference really was Steroids and you can see the enormous difference it makes!
jones whole career is worthless if people are honest.

And Armstrong is a good example how difficult it is to catch a high level doper who has a whole team protecting and lying for him. Thats why in cycling you have certain blood levels and you are a cheater end of story without PEDs found. Its the only way to get them nowadays. But in MMA even if they get the guys like Jones the corrupt system lets them continue.

Jones is a hardcore lifelong roid abuser. And I would say in this amount one of few. Thats not the norm. He has a whole team in place to manage that inclusive fall guys. with his brothers he had the skills available. His brother also popped for the same.

Last edited:
Steroids by themselves do not make you win fights but they can certainly help. MMA involves a lot of training that really wears down your body, steroids can help greatly in recovery, allowing you to train many more hours than you might otherwise be able to, therefore allowing you to sharpen/develop your skills exponentially faster. On top of that, increases in power/strength, aggression, etc can all help. Of course, you still need to put the work in, but they can & definitely do help.
sounds like every athlete should be on them...

Bones tossed up an ol softball there. Wonder his reaction when he read that. Would have to just tip your hat to that response
Sadly he'd be able to actually read it and it'll fuel more insecure, shoot - himself - in - the - foot Twitter tirades in the coming weeks.

Steroids by themselves do not make you win fights but they can certainly help. MMA involves a lot of training that really wears down your body, steroids can help greatly in recovery, allowing you to train many more hours than you might otherwise be able to, therefore allowing you to sharpen/develop your skills exponentially faster. On top of that, increases in power/strength, aggression, etc can all help. Of course, you still need to put the work in, but they can & definitely do help.

This response nailed it.

no offense, but this is self-evident to everyone. we knew this information.

There are many people who say "well how come fighter A was on peds & still lost", etc. Guys like Vitor, Barnett, etc. There are tons of people who say they don't care if fighter is on PED, or that it doesn't matter. Tons of people say stuff like "PED isn't why Vitor landed that kick" (the 1 that knocked out Rockhold), yea, maybe not, but him being on PED allowed him to train more intensely, be more aggressive, etc. Same with JJ beating DC, JJ may very well have beaten DC regardless, but it'd be nice to not have to wonder. JJ hasn't looked good the last 2 yrs, prime JJ would've finished guys like Santos & Smith, which has some people wondering if JJ's decline has anything to do with PED or lack thereof. JJ is still relatively young

Back