Jon Jones asks a question about steroid use in MMA, a fan responds

Jon, you played yourself
AfraidBoldAnole-max-1mb.gif

tmYkccn.gif

Steroids by themselves do not make you win fights but they can certainly help. MMA involves a lot of training that really wears down your body, steroids can help greatly in recovery, allowing you to train many more hours than you might otherwise be able to, therefore allowing you to sharpen/develop your skills exponentially faster. On top of that, increases in power/strength, aggression, etc can all help. Of course, you still need to put the work in, but they can & definitely do help.

He's basically admitting that he took steroids but implying that the other guys who did it could never become champs like him even on the gear.

His subconscious is speaking here

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll copy what I said in another thread.

Turinabol can be taken without PCT.

So Jon gets caught with Turinabol (metabolites) in his system a few months after his suspension for PCT drugs (metabolites) has ended.

what a coincidence!

People will argue “pulsing” the basis of

1) Lack of short term metabolites found in his samples

2) Intermittent positive and negative samples in a short time period

to which I’d respond

1) Research was specifically aimed to find long term metabolites because short and medium term metabolites are hard to find. Why develop a test for long term metabolites if testing for short and long term metabolites was sufficient.

2) The intermittent positive and negative tests are not due to fat sequestering but rather specific gravity of samples. Travis Tygart (CEO of USADA) says as much in an interview with OTB sports.

I can only presume that positive samples were less diluted than negative samples otherwise he wouldn’t chalk up “pulsing” to variances in specific gravity.

"He tested positive the day before and negative that day because of his specific gravity (the amount of water in his system during his weight cut)."

To be fair he also says the following

“Jones got 15 months because the evidence, the negative test before, the negative test immediately after, showed that there was no way he took an intentional dose to enhance his performance. The test result would have been much higher than the test result which was bookended by a negative and a positive test”

If variances in specific gravity explain away the appearance and disappearance in samples then how could the appearance and disappearance be used to exonerate Jones?

seems to me that he’s contradicting himself.

https://www.otbsports.com/videos/usada-ceo-theres-no-evidence-jon-jones-trying-cheat-485473

Steroids by themselves do not make you win fights but they can certainly help. MMA involves a lot of training that really wears down your body, steroids can help greatly in recovery, allowing you to train many more hours than you might otherwise be able to, therefore allowing you to sharpen/develop your skills exponentially faster. On top of that, increases in power/strength, aggression, etc can all help. Of course, you still need to put the work in, but they can & definitely do help.
I don’t think any questions If they help lol ....

Jon Jones is to MMA what Barry Bonds is to baseball and Lance Armstrong is to cycling. Everyone knows this, hence Jon spending so much time on Twitter arguing about it.
So he’s the greatest of all - time ?

Back