Jon Jones and Connor McGregor...

TrueFightFan

Fight Purist
Banned
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I have not logged on to Sherdog for a while but have kept up on reading the boards. I have been traveling a lot but there are two items that I couldn't stay off of anymore and wanted to throw my two cents in on the topics (which is actually worth less than that).

1. jon jones and the "Pictograms":

I see both arguments for and against jones being able to compete with steroids "pulsing" through his body and many people claim it is because he is getting preferential treatment because he is "jon jones". However, what people are miss is the huge secret that is being kept quiet: BROCK LESNAR. jones is merely a "useful idiot" and this whole set up on the MMA community is to allow Lesnar to compete while "pulsing". That is the cash cow that the UFC is banking on. Because of how the jon jones situation has played out, Lesnar can fail multiple tests and everyone will run around defending "pictogram pulsing". The UFC throws him in a few money fights without worrying about him testing clean or not. Pretty simple and hiding in plain sight.

2. Connor McGregor vs Khabib and everybody else:

Not going to defend McGregor and the trouble that his mouth and attitude have gotten him in to but it is pretty ridiculous to watch 200lb guys bragging about how they are the 145lb and 155lb champs. Khabib makes a massive cut, just like most lightweights and McGregor only cuts about 10-15lbs. Ferguson, Khabib, Woodley (even Holloway has to make a huge weight cut) and all of these guys claiming that they would smash "McNugget" makes for great sound bites but why don't we hear any of them call out jon jones? They are about the same size, right? (alert: trick question for the jones fans thrown in there)

I understand that a lot of MMA fans hate McGregor but, come on, rooting for Mike Tyson to beat up Floyd Mayweather would have been considered chickenshit... same difference.

giphy.gif

Did homie really compare Khabib to Mike Tyson and Conor to Floyd? {<jordan}

I think most would be rooting for Mike to beat up Floyd if that was a fight tbh

The TS is defending Conor's size at 155 when he damn near killed himself to have a size advantage at 145 for the bulk of his career? Ironic

...just like most lightweights and McGregor only cuts about 10-15lbs.

You just cant really believe that with a straight face, you cant, Conor looks like a dead man making 145, you claim 10-15lbs to make 155, basically from 165-170 range, i would buy cutting from that range after camp/diet when he used to make 145, not a chance he cuts from there to make 155, even Pettis bounces back to 175lbs on fight night...

I understand that a lot of MMA fans hate McGregor but, come on, rooting for Mike Tyson to beat up Floyd Mayweather would have been considered chickenshit... same difference.

0YyHN21.png

Khabib and Conor were nearly identical in the cage. Khabib a bit taller and wider torso, Conor bigger club muscles.

Should have kept it that way.

Did homie really compare Khabib to Mike Tyson and Conor to Floyd? {<jordan}

I think most would be rooting for Mike to beat up Floyd if that was a fight tbh

The TS is defending Conor's size at 155 when he damn near killed himself to have a size advantage at 145 for the bulk of his career? Ironic

You just cant really believe that with a straight face, you cant, Conor looks like a dead man making 145, you claim 10-15lbs to make 155, basically from 165-170 range, i would buy cutting from that range after camp/diet when he used to make 145, not a chance he cuts from there to make 155, even Pettis bounces back to 175lbs on fight night...

Did Everyone just ignore the jones / Lesnar connection to jump on the 200lb "lightweight" champion bandwagon???

Can see why you havent been around. You dont bring anything intelligent to the table

And

<DontBelieve1>

brock didn't get suspended for the same metabolite jones was flagged for. they can't just say he's pulsing too.

Gentlemen,

I have not logged on to Sherdog for a while but have kept up on reading the boards. I have been traveling a lot but there are two items that I couldn't stay off of anymore and wanted to throw my two cents in on the topics (which is actually worth less than that).

1. jon jones and the "Pictograms":

I see both arguments for and against jones being able to compete with steroids "pulsing" through his body and many people claim it is because he is getting preferential treatment because he is "jon jones". However, what people are miss is the huge secret that is being kept quiet: BROCK LESNAR. jones is merely a "useful idiot" and this whole set up on the MMA community is to allow Lesnar to compete while "pulsing". That is the cash cow that the UFC is banking on. Because of how the jon jones situation has played out, Lesnar can fail multiple tests and everyone will run around defending "pictogram pulsing". The UFC throws him in a few money fights without worrying about him testing clean or not. Pretty simple and hiding in plain sight.

2. Connor McGregor vs Khabib and everybody else:

Not going to defend McGregor and the trouble that his mouth and attitude have gotten him in to but it is pretty ridiculous to watch 200lb guys bragging about how they are the 145lb and 155lb champs. Khabib makes a massive cut, just like most lightweights and McGregor only cuts about 10-15lbs. Ferguson, Khabib, Woodley (even Holloway has to make a huge weight cut) and all of these guys claiming that they would smash "McNugget" makes for great sound bites but why don't we hear any of them call out jon jones? They are about the same size, right? (alert: trick question for the jones fans thrown in there)

35af23521b1c458f877666de1e77fa23.gif

Back