Media Jon Jones addresses haters, says Christians aren't perfect

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Marc A, Apr 15, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

1. ScarfaceJr

ScarfaceJr All praise honor & glory to the most High

never answered the questions
    called me a racist and never proved it
    now making stupid statement with "lol" at the end because you really don't have anything intelligent to say

you're definitely a christian.
    Tell you what, you keep on ignorantly worshiping the sun, hope you have fun on judgement day cuz.

Moin and Rented Gucci Mink like this.
  2. Rented Gucci Mink

Rented Gucci Mink without me, this whole fucking ship sink

What about my post was "Anti-Semitic"? Making stuff up like Bronze Age desert dwelling goat herders did when they wrote the Bible?
    My point was that the Bible condones slavery and I backed it up. Stop with your red herrings.

The Old Testament don't apply today, whatever, even if we go with that, it doesn't change the fact Yahweh sanctioned genocides, murders, slavery, etc. As if the New Testament erases what happens in the old.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” - Richard Dawkins

IrritatedTomcat likes this.
  3. IrritatedTomcat

IrritatedTomcat Black Belt

Lmao!!!

From eye pokes to the broken arm of a pregnant woman to “dick pills” to coke to pulsing to to to to to

<Waaah>

He did it to himself and I think anyone who makes excuses for him has a shitty life. I truly believe you aren’t happy in life if you have to defend a grown up, cheating athlete who has so much money... and they let him cheat... and you feel bad and don’t understand why people dislike him?

<Waaah>
    <Waaah>
    <Waaah>

4. franklinstower

franklinstower Black Belt

Ok so you now agree that what you said earlier was wrong. Just because something happened in the old testament or the new testament does not mean that God condoned it or that it is relevant to today either. Thank you for conceding that fact.

As far as the old testament understanding of God and even some of the new testament understanding of God being wrong or incomplete or cruel-- I agree.

5. TerrorTimmy

TerrorTimmy White Belt

If he wants to be liked, he should stop failing drug tests, stop getting into accidents while intoxicated, and stop being holier-than-thou

But since none of those things will ever happen, he can expect a lot more hate coming his way

6. Marc A

Marc A Being broke is being dishonest

Thank you and God Bless

7. IrritatedTomcat

Why you gotta go and be logical here.

These fine men are not wearing materials of different fabrics or eating two different animals in the same meal.

Rented Gucci Mink likes this.
  8. IrritatedTomcat

And the white belt has more logic than the silver belt.

<WellThere>

TerrorTimmy likes this.
  9. Rented Gucci Mink

Twisting my words lol read my post again idiot, I'm saying it like "for the sake of argument" or that it's not important whether it applies today or not, only that it says it explicitly in the fairy tale you believe in.

10. IrritatedTomcat

Anyone who truly believes that shouldn’t breed.

11. TerrorTimmy

TerrorTimmy White Belt

{<redford}

12. IrritatedTomcat

It’s the worst when you start a statement with a disclaimer and the person you’re debating doesn’t read because words are hard.

Moin and Rented Gucci Mink like this.
  13. franklinstower

Our ONLY point of disagreement is that you presented Old Testament teachings as if they are relevant to today. They are not relevant to today for lots of reasons. Covenants being one of them but there are lots of other reasons.

You spoke out of turn and were wrong about it.

Silent Liker likes this.
  14. Rented Gucci Mink

It explicitly says you can own and beat slaves specifically with a rod and you can go unpunished if the slave recovers in a day or 2, I don't care if it applies today or not, nor if it's in the Old or New Testament, it explicitly states that in your book, stop nitpicking because your religion is filled with heinous shit and contradictions because they're written by goat herders over a thousand years ago with no knowledge of shit.

15. ScarfaceJr

ScarfaceJr All praise honor & glory to the most High

you say "God Bless" but worship a man.

as i said, no understanding of the 1st commandment whatsoever.

16. franklinstower

Its not nitpicking. It is our ONLY point of disagreement. It matters a lot weather or not the teachings are still relevant today. Its the only reasons we are having this discussion.

I am not defending those teachings, even for back then. I think they are terrible teachings even back then. I am saying you misspoke.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 4:02 PM
    Silent Liker likes this.
  17. MMA reborn

MMA reborn Banned Banned

Reads the Bible Gospel if Mark and Mathew
    A man comes to prophet Jesus ((Pbuh) and says Good master what should I do to get to paradise Jesus says believe in God and follow commandments and also confirms that the greatest commandment is Hear Israel your Lord is one Lord

Paul and Christians today-there are 3 Gods and we are forgiven no matter what we do so don’t worry about commandments

In Book of James-Whoever breaks one commandment is guilty of breaking all of them (James 2:10)

Christians not just break commandments but say you don’t need to obey then ,just Brlieve in Lord Jesus

It’s true all Humans sin but the best are those who repent. Jesus taught that.
    Paul and church teaches that you are forgiven for sins

Our beloved prophet Jesus-I have come to fullfill the Law(of prophet Moses) not to destroy it

Paul -The Law is cursed

Jesus throughout the Bible-Oh Lord forgive them, I ask you to forgive such and suck
    Christians-Priest forgives all sins, Jesus dying in cross forgives all sins

Can Christians follow Jesus at least for once?

franklinstower likes this.
  18. jeremyemilio

jeremyemilio Silver Belt

What are you on about? I rarely say anything about Jones, and have little interest in him in general except to watch him fight. I'm just pointing out that the "Christians aren't perfect" thing has little to nothing to do with why the people who don't like him don't like him.

19. Anomonis

Anomonis Brown Belt

You've taken what I said in response to a specific thing and really ran with it. I'm not discussing the bible here, only Jon's comments as well as the comment I replied to which are ridiculous. Jon is a fake Christian anyway. I myself am not a Christian.
    But keep fighting the good fight.

20. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Danger Zone

He addressed this in Jan 2015..