Jon Jones 350 LB Bench Press

You do realize Dwight Howards is not just an A level athlete, hes a fucking freak.

Jones is the weakest runt in a family of A level athletes

Absolutely. Jones' bench press is fine, not bad at all. I guess I am just not overly impressed when there are true freaks like Dwight are walking the earth.

Just a huge gap in athletic talent from MMA to other sports.

5Fj01Xb.gif

Lol!

Wat the cluck?

Bro it's easier when u shorter, or arm length as in less distance. I'm 5 8, 190 and bench and squat a ton, but my deadlifts relative to my squats and bench not so great. For tall dudes, especially 84 fucking inch wingspan.. It's impressive, of course gear induced taken into consideration.

hmm I'm 5'6 and at 165lbs I can squat 435 and deadlift 495 but struggle like hell on bench. 265 is my best bench

Absolutely. Jones' bench press is fine, not bad at all. I guess I am just not overly impressed when there are true freaks like Dwight are walking the earth.

Just a huge gap in athletic talent from MMA to other sports.

For sure.

As im sure your aware the pay is so small, the risk so high that the high level athletes are, well you know.

350lb bench for an athlete his size is to be expected. I did 405lb bench when I weighed 205ish. I'm 5' 10" and not a gifted athlete.
If you've benched 405, you're a pretty gifted strength athlete. Despite what Sherdog will try to portray, that's pretty rare air.

Why do these goofballs insist on claiming these weights. He clearly did not finish that lift anywhere near on his own.
He was spotting his buddy who was doing a hybrid curl/upright row. High level shit.

If you've benched 405, you're a pretty gifted strength athlete. Despite what Sherdog will try to portray, that's pretty rare air.
405 is nothing to scoff at and it doesn't matter what size you are, that is a ton of weight. You don't have to be a gifted athlete, but you're strong as fuck if you're benching 2x your BW. It is the hardest lift to hit those numbers with.

He was spotting his buddy who was doing a hybrid curl/upright row. High level shit.
No doubt. That spotter should get hit by a truck. Didn't even let JBJ attempt to do it on his own. Fucker only cared about his shrug/biceps hold reps...

hmm I'm 5'6 and at 165lbs I can squat 435 and deadlift 495 but struggle like hell on bench. 265 is my best bench

Lol I'd kill for your pulls. It's not just height look at your relative leg length to torso length, I've go decent arm length a long torso and shorter legs. Hence, my levers in pulls not so long but your squat and mine pretty similar. I'm a me so/endomorph, u prolly closer to meso. Still at 165, that's strong bro... There are some perkstobeinga Manlet.

As someone who used to lift weights, this is really not very impressive. There are literally people in every gym I've been in - often people as tall as Jon - who can handle this weight fairly easily. Jon's fighting ability is special; his powerlifting is not.

350lb bench for an athlete his size is to be expected. I did 405lb bench when I weighed 205ish. I'm 5' 10" and not a gifted athlete.
Most fat guys can bench a lot, nah kidding, good job lol

I like my man Bones but I'm not impressed...

Last year I benched 305 lbs with no spot at 24 hr fitness. I'm 5'7, currently about 165. Granted at the time, I was about 200 Lbs.

Jesus, you are strong...

Still impressive to me, due to his dhalism build. The fact that he can deadlift a lot, makes sense, but his squats, and bench on smaller, moderate amounts of gear is impressive to me.

yoga flame

405 is nothing to scoff at and it doesn't matter what size you are, that is a ton of weight. You don't have to be a gifted athlete, but you're strong as fuck if you're benching 2x your BW. It is the hardest lift to hit those numbers with.

I am trying to get to 405 X 10 reps and it's been the struggle bus..... I have really long arms and it's slow going 5lbs here , 5lbs there..

I know there are plenty of strong people who have been lifting for years and just keep going and going ....

I remember the 1sr time i did 305 and thought I was going to shit myself, form was terrible....
Thankfully I got some help and learned how to bench correctly. But anyone who can put up 4 plates is beast mode. I don't care how much you weigh, it's a lot of weight to push..

Back